MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

As L.C. pointed out the benefits paid by the states are different. Here is a link that shows all states' monthly benefit, per person. Looks like I will have to feed myself on $29.30 for the week. (Which will start this Thursday and end the following Wednesday)I will only be eating what I can buy with that amount; any food already in house is off limits. I'll sure be ready for Thanksgiving on the 22nd! :mgbowtie:

http://www.stateheal...sp?cat=1&ind=26

People certainly aren't getting rich off food stamps.

No, they sure aren't. Compared to what many around the world live on that's a lot but we have to figure how expensive food is here in the U.S.

Fried rice and risotto dishes are cheap. Curried fried rice is good. Toss in some chicken and vegies. Tomato soup with pasta in it (the norwegian way) can fill you up for cheap.

Yum Yum Yeah~!

And If Your Name Is Peter Rabbit You Could Hop Straight To It

And Eat Produce Fresh Out Of Mr. McGregor's Garden

Or Just Plant Your Very Very Own

V For Victory Garden

And Oh So Tasty

Too :)

I'm going to do this and chronicle my experience as I go. I think I can do it. Anyone else up for this?

http://engage.jewish...t_item_KEY=9360

Gonna mean lots of pasta, Rice-a-Roni, peanut butter... and other food items of similar ilk.

And that's a challenge in itself; I'm a low carber and I don't eat that stuff as a rule. Oh well, it's only a week.

This is why so many on food stamps are obese. They can't afford healthy food. Produce for example, is some of the most expensive food in the store.

I believe that; I spend about $85.00 per week, $365.50 a month, feeding just me. Low carb dieting is expensive (but much healthier than the standard American diet.)

Fried rice and risotto dishes are cheap. Curried fried rice is good. Toss in some chicken and vegies. Tomato soup with pasta in it (the norwegian way) can fill you up for cheap.

Yum Yum Yeah~!

And If Your Name Is Peter Rabbit You Could Hop Straight To It

And Eat Produce Fresh Out Of Mr. McGregor's Garden

Or Just Plant Your Very Very Own

V For Victory Garden

And Oh So Tasty

Too :)

No free food allowed on the challenge, Joe, not even produce raided from Mr. McGregor! :mgbowtie:

You All With Your Talk Of Starvation And Food And Stuff

Made Me Sooooooooooooooo Hungery

That I Opened A Big Ol' Can

Of Chili And Beans

And Ate It All

By Myself

:)

Thank You LORD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Folks used to have victory gardens. I realize many do not live where they can have a big garden, but there are community gardens that allow you to grow food. And ways to garden even in an apartment. We havent had a food garden lately but Im considering doing so again this spring. I should also push to have a community garden again in my area. The old one got shut down because of nearby construction. That would go a long way to easing dietary deficiencies.

No free food allowed on the challenge, Joe, not even produce raided from Mr. McGregor! :mgbowtie:

But But It's Not Free

When You Get Caught, Twitch Twitch

Sure....you have to figure the bail money.... :laughing:

I'm going to do this and chronicle my experience as I go. I think I can do it. Anyone else up for this?

Gonna mean lots of pasta, Rice-a-Roni, peanut butter... and other food items of similar ilk.

And that's a challenge in itself; I'm a low carber and I don't eat that stuff as a rule. Oh well, it's only a week.

This is why so many on food stamps are obese. They can't afford healthy food. Produce for example, is some of the most expensive food in the store.

I believe that; I spend about $85.00 per week, $365.50 a month, feeding just me. Low carb dieting is expensive (but much healthier than the standard American diet.)

We eat low carb too. This means we shop the perimeter of the store (the most expensive part) and avoid the isles.

I see you've got it down, KatyAnn. And I'm sure you'll agree that, after cutting out carbs for a while, breads, pastas and the like taste like glue!

eggs.

lunchmeat.

sara lee delightful bread.

you can stay in budget and still low carb with those items.