• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

This sure isn't going to help our economy! Guess I may be working 2 (or more) part time jobs in the future.... IF there are any to be found, with many other people out looking too.

Thank God that He and I know each other! Lately, I keep hearing Him say,"Be still,and know that I am God". Thank You Father!

http://nstarzone.com/NEWS7/66.html

from the article:

Many were desperately holding out hope that Obamacare would be repealed so that they would not have to get rid of some of their employees. Many were hoping to get a little bit of relief from the crippling regulations and taxes that are absolutely crushing them. But now that Barack Obama has been given another four years, they understand that there is no hope on the horizon and that things are only going to get worse. So they are making the hard decisions that they feel are necessary in order to survive in this economic environment.

That section, known as the employer mandate, requires any business with 50 or more full-time employees to provide at least the minimum level of government-defined health coverage to those employees. In other words, a business must provide insurance if it has 50 or more employees working an average of just 30 hours per week, which is 10 hours per week fewer than the traditional 40-hour work week. Thus, by cutting employees’ hours to ensure they average less than the 30 per week, employers could potentially avoid the cost of providing the minimum insurance levels mandated by Obamacare. So if your company trims the number of workers to just under 50 or starts going to ‘29 hour work weeks’, then you will know who to blame.

Psalm 46:10~Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

That is one of the reasons why 36 States want to have a secession . They sent it to the whitehouse . NY...is included.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  02/12/1950

The last time I was in Texas, it seemed like half of Mexico was already in Texas, we do not need to sell it them, they are already here, al they need do is file for Squatter rights.... :biggrinflip:

• Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

That is one of the reasons why 36 States want to have a secession . They sent it to the whitehouse . NY...is included.

There is a petition to sell Texas to Mexico.

Then they really will be free.

:24:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

This sure isn't going to help our economy! Guess I may be working 2 (or more) part time jobs in the future.... IF there are any to be found, with many other people out looking too.

Thank God that He and I know each other! Lately, I keep hearing Him say,"Be still,and know that I am God". Thank You Father!

http://nstarzone.com/NEWS7/66.html

from the article:

Many were desperately holding out hope that Obamacare would be repealed so that they would not have to get rid of some of their employees. Many were hoping to get a little bit of relief from the crippling regulations and taxes that are absolutely crushing them. But now that Barack Obama has been given another four years, they understand that there is no hope on the horizon and that things are only going to get worse. So they are making the hard decisions that they feel are necessary in order to survive in this economic environment.

That section, known as the employer mandate, requires any business with 50 or more full-time employees to provide at least the minimum level of government-defined health coverage to those employees. In other words, a business must provide insurance if it has 50 or more employees working an average of just 30 hours per week, which is 10 hours per week fewer than the traditional 40-hour work week. Thus, by cutting employees’ hours to ensure they average less than the 30 per week, employers could potentially avoid the cost of providing the minimum insurance levels mandated by Obamacare. So if your company trims the number of workers to just under 50 or starts going to ‘29 hour work weeks’, then you will know who to blame.

Psalm 46:10~Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

This is already starting to happen according to some of my friends and relatives. This will create great hardships on large numbers of families.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Why would companies be laying off employees now because of something that doesn't go into affect until 2014? Methinks some companies are just using this as an excuse to take advantage of their employees.

Planning ahead.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Yes, it's called strategic planning. Companies and Businesses are not static. They have five and ten year plans. They react before they are caught off guard and they react to public policy like taxation.

Don't forget, a Business exists to produce a profit. When it ceases to do so it ceases to exist.

There is also absolutely nothing wrong with profit and generating it as a form of wealth.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Does anyone know what type of layoffs we saw in Massachusetts when Romney signed his universal healthcare bill?

I can't recall the specific numbers but Obamacare is more helpful of small business in that, compared to Romneycare, it mandates less coverage and significantly raised the minimum to 50 which is much lower in Romney's plan.

Actually, Obamacare is designed to force everyone into a single payer system.

To that effect it makes it more plausible and profitable for large companies and corporations to force their employee's out of their existing plans in favor of paying a lower fine for each employee not covered rather than to cover each employee. This is what is happening. It is also why there were so many waivers given prior to the Election and full implementation of Obamacare in 2014. Just wait until the waivers expire. You haven't yet seen a disaster like the one that is coming. Of course, it was engineered this way. Then the Government will have to step in and cover everyone in the ensuing crisis. By then all of the individual State coverage pools should be in place. The problem is that those localized coverage pools only offer one option. A Government mandated minimum coverage that will make most current private plans look extravagent for their coverage levels. This is not about healthcare. it's about CONTROL!

The people being laid off, fired, or otherwise hour reduced is happening because of the fiscal cliff thing on the horizon and the repeal of the Bush Tax cuts plus anticipated continued economic regression and increased taxation under Obama.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Obamacare is a small business killer, insurance rates have risen (ours has gone up about 50%), which forces the company to either 1). pay the penalty 2). lay-off, the person who was insured will either have to pay another penalty or find their own health insurance to the tune of $800-1400 a month. Many people's insurance has already risen to these levels, insurance companies also have strategic plans to make a profit.

Lay-offs increases the number of people on gov't assistance. Obamacare is all around not good for America.

At least 47% of us knew what was coming, so not a shocking story.

Obamacare is a small business killer, insurance rates have risen (ours has gone up about 50%), which forces the company to either 1). pay the penalty 2). lay-off, the person who was insured will either have to pay another penalty or find their own health insurance to the tune of $800-1400 a month. Many people's insurance has already risen to these levels, insurance companies also have strategic plans to make a profit.

Lay-offs increases the number of people on gov't assistance. Obamacare is all around not good for America.

At least 47% of us knew what was coming, so not a shocking story.

Stuff like this is why a friend of mine started calling ObamaKare, ObamaKill . . . because it will kill the economy. We simply cannot afford this nightmare.