Matthitjah

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-orlando-health-layoffs-20121116,0,7763193.story

Yes, despite the denial at the end of the story this is about Obamacare and pre-emptive actions on the part of Health Care companies across the Nation. They face decreased income because of Medicare payments and a sea change in the way that they handle admissions.

Praying for all the Health Care workers I know personally who may be effected.

Elections have consequences.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

thats a bit biased and wrong. im a floridian and florida unless scott changes it will not be doing the exchanges. though he has mentioned we need to look to doing it.

Guest shiloh357

In the long run ObamaCare would be a boom for the healthcare industry as more people will be insured and thus can afford to go to the doctors. The increase in the number of people will offset any cut in payments. The healthcare industry is expected to grow by 30% in the next 10 years. And that does not even include the growth in the insurance industry.

The problem with ObamaCare is that it does not address the rising cost of healthcare or deal with the cost in any way.

You must get your news from Mars.

There is going to be an alarming reduction in the number of doctors, which means that you won't be able to choose which doctor you see. There is also the issue of healthcare rationing. Everyone will get some healthcare, but it may not be enough to get them cured. A beaurocratic bean counter will decide how much your illness is worth and that is what you will get, even if it is not really enough to cure you. You get what the government is willing to pay for and no more.

That's why people in other countries who have socialized medicine (similar to Obamacare) come for treatment in the US. At least that is why they used to. But now we are going to relegated to third-world style health care (thanks liberals) and they can stay in their own countries and get the same kind of care.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  8

In the long run ObamaCare would be a boom for the healthcare industry as more people will be insured and thus can afford to go to the doctors. The increase in the number of people will offset any cut in payments. The healthcare industry is expected to grow by 30% in the next 10 years. And that does not even include the growth in the insurance industry.

The problem with ObamaCare is that it does not address the rising cost of healthcare or deal with the cost in any way.

There is going to be an alarming reduction in the number of doctors, which means that you won't be able to choose which doctor you see. There is also the issue of healthcare rationing. Everyone will get some healthcare, but it may not be enough to get them cured. A beaurocratic bean counter will decide how much your illness is worth and that is what you will get, even if it is not really enough to cure you. You get what the government is willing to pay for and no more.

That's why people in other countries who have socialized medicine (similar to Obamacare) come for treatment in the US. At least that is why they used to. But now we are going to relegated to third-world style health care (thanks liberals) and they can stay in their own countries and get the same kind of care.

---------------

HA! HA! HA!.... :P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I have posted elsewhere good links, real news, that shows how doctors are bailing out of the profession and shortages are expected due to obamacare. I also know first hand since my hubby and I are both in the medical field.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  5

i believe you ayin. i have heard it from others , and they are leaving or layoff.its that article is that is a bit off. im floridian , rick scott hasnt said yet if we are going to do the exchanges then that article assumes that people will have jobs that insure them. a person making as much as i do and is healthy may just as well pay the fine and not buy isurance . it would be cheaper for him or her to do so.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Obamacare Supporter Jon Stryker Watches as [his] Family Firm Slashes Jobs Over Health Care Concerns

Read here