sitcom star urges folks not to watch his show, violating his beliefs

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/-two-and-a-half-men--star-begs-viewers-to-stop-watching-his--filth--of-a-show-212823396.html?cache=clear

He is standing on his convictions pretty much. Altho one has to wonder why he signed up for another year to begin with.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

I tried to watch that show once and the kid is right; it's filth.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  131
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,188
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  8

Most every program on t.v. are not clean anymore.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

seems to me if he was really standing behind his convictions hed stop acting in the show until they cleaned it up.

• Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,718
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

well, there is something to be said about keeping ones word and continuing on with it-but on the other note, depending on how the contract is written, giving the show bad publicity, would be a breach of contract and get him over. On top of that, the show is his job-by badmouthing how bad the show is, he is disrespecting those in authority over him, and while its good that he thinks its a bad show-sitting here and trying to create poor publicity, isn't very christian, Ive seen non-christians act worse.

For example, in the movie, End of The Spear, (christian movie about a missionary pilot) the person making the movie (nate saints son) hired an actor, to portray Nate saint-without realizing the man was gay, signed the contract everything, and then realized his mistake. The actor, once he saw what happened-didnt bad mouth the show, or the director, didnt put up a protest sign and leave, but instead went to his boss and said he understood the mistake, and would voluntarily quit if he wanted to. Nate Saints son, being a man of his word, told the man that he signed the contract and gave his word-that the job was his if he wanted it, that to do otherwise would be breaking his word. No one badmouthed anyone, they obviously didn't agree with the other persons morals, but they were good, clean, and professional, and made a very very good movie. Signing a contract for a lousy show, and then remaining on "just to honor the show" but badmouth it at the same time seems a little hypocritical to me. If he wanted to keep his word he should just finish out his contract and leave. If someone asks him why, be honest but dont make a scene of it.

So I guess theres good and bad, from the looks of it he is stuck in a hard place, and his heart is in the right place, but Im not sure hes doing it the right way, is what Im saying.

• Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  543
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,108
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  242
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

Poor kid .... he hasnt had much of a chance to learn morals and how to stick to principals. far too many children lose their childhood by appearing in " successful " ie money making films/tv series etc. Most children have fantasies of being " stars" either singing or acting but thankfully not too many get their wishes. It doesnt sound as if he had a lot of good guidance either so the fact that he is now realising what he is doing is great. I dont suppose he has too many people helping him to get out of the contrct either they are probably all telling him he has to stay there/ build up his money portfolio / honour his contract etc etc etc and lets be honest most of the child actors do not get many jobs that pay that sort of money once they leave the series that " made them " so he could have genuine fears for what he would do to earn his keep as I dont suppose he has many other skills at the moment and not too many people are hurrying to emply young unskilled workers at this time

I really have no idea who he is as I dont watch tv but I do pray that he finds the way to live that will honour God and help him to grow in his faith

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

one has to wonder why he signed up for another year to begin with.

Sounds like he might be a babe in Christ. The more he learns, the bigger steps he'll take. I just wish he wasn't affiliated with the SDA. We really need to pray for this young man.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  13

Being show business, it is hard to know what all is involved with staying or going. I think one thing, it is good that he is making at least some sort of stand. Many do not. I am sure I miss times constantly where I could make a stand for my beliefs and don't. He may be pasionate about the new things going on and just going on that for now. I see that it is very important no matter what, that if you feel convicted about a conlfict of beliefs, you act on it. I amire anyone who stands up and does not just sit in complacentcy. That is what got television where it is today. Complacentcy. The more of us theat follow this display and stand up for our God, the better chance we have of making a difference in this dark world. We are told to be both SALT, and LIGHT. We as Christians should be so bold! That is what I see. Blessings

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

From what I've heard, it is very difficult being a Christian and standing by your principles in Hollywood. Either you compromise your convictions for the sake of the job or you get blacklisted and made into a laughing stock like Kirk Cameron or even Charleston Heston.