JohnD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I agree that Christ was probably not born on December 25th. But I also believe that remembering the Lord on that day is a good thing. No one is going to hell for celebrating the birth of the Messiah. :mgbowtie:

I agree that Christ was probably not born on December 25th. But I also believe that remembering the Lord on that day is a good thing. No one is going to hell for celebrating the birth of the Messiah. :mgbowtie:

Exactly. :thumbsup: I don't have an issue with remembering Jesus on the 25th. I think its a good idea - and so what if its not "biblical" as some claim? I don't really care about all the "pagan origins" and all the rest so long as Christ is the focus of the remembrance. This is the one time of year when people seem more open to talking about spiritual things and gives many chances to share the gospel of Christ. :)

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Exactly. :thumbsup: I don't have an issue with remembering Jesus on the 25th. I think its a good idea - and so what if its not "biblical" as some claim? I don't really care about all the "pagan origins" and all the rest so long as Christ is the focus of the remembrance. This is the one time of year when people seem more open to talking about spiritual things and gives many chances to share the gospel of Christ. :)

Good point; I've noticed that too, walla.

Guest shiloh357

Oh, okay, so the Bible texts you are quoting to celebrate the birth of Jesus are... ... ... ?

Luke 22:19 (KJV)

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:24 (KJV)

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:26 (KJV)

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord’s death till he come.

There is no commandment to NOT celebrate His birth. So we are not violating Scripture by doing so. When you can provide a Scripture that forbids the celebration of Jesus' birth, post it. Christmas is a tradition just like Easter and Thanksgiving. Should we criticize their celebrations as well?

There is no rational reason why I can't celebrate HIs birth and His death and I defy you to show otherwise.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

we all think of christmas as Jesus birthday there are many views on when He was born but one thing is for sure He was born

i keep christmas as His birthday i make my cards with Him in mind ...to me its saying

thankyou Lord

Exactly, he was born. No one claims this is the exact date. We just rejoice to celebrate His Advent.

And here is a great, scholarly article that dispels a lot of modern myths about Christmas:

http://www.prescottorthodox.org/2011/12/calculating-christmas/

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/20/1958

If God didn't want us to remember Jesus' birth, why did he give us that beautiful account of it in Luke 2?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Good point; I've noticed that too, walla.

I agree with both Walla and Morning. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

If God didn't want us to remember Jesus' birth, why did he give us that beautiful account of it in Luke 2?

Good question DanL. :):thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

And as it turns out, there are a lot of myths about those 'pagan origins'

http://www.prescottorthodox.org/2011/12/calculating-christmas/

But you point out the most important opportunity of this Holy Season that is forgotten by many Christians:

"... many chances to share the gospel of Christ."

http://textsincontext.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/improbable-advent-prepare-ye-the-way/

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

If you are a

negative_nellie_oleson.jpg

toward Christmas, put your complaints in the box below ...

IMG_7626.jpg

and collect your present ...

lump-of-coal.jpg

and please, Have A Merry Christmas!

God Bless!