• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

The entirely predictable consequences of the Journal News' decision to publish a map of gun-owners marches on

Rockland County Sheriff Louis Falco, who spoke at a news conference flanked by other county officials, said the Journal News' decision to post an online map of names and addresses of handgun owners Dec. 23 has put law enforcement officers in danger.

"They have inmates coming up to them and telling them exactly where they live. That's not acceptable to me," Falco said, according to Newsday.

Robert Riley, an officer with the White Plains Police Department and president of its Patrolman’s Benevolent Association, agreed.

"You have guys who work in New York City who live up here. Now their names and addresses are out there, too," he said adding that there are 8,000 active and retired NYPD officers currently living in Rockland County.

Local lawmakers also say that they intend to introduce legislation that prevents information about legal gun owners from being released to the public.

Please don't offer the Journal News' editorial staff an easy out by claiming they're too dumb or ill-informed to have possibly seen this coming. That a decision to publish the names and addresses of legal gun owners would prove useful to our criminal class had to be part of the editorial team's calculation. But because they're obviously a bunch of out-of-control, anti-gun zealots, they likely considered the fallout worth it.

There is one consequence the editors might not have seen coming, though, and that was the map spooking those who didn’t own a firearm into getting one:

Legis. Aron Wieder (D-Spring Valley) called the publication of the list "irresponsible journalism" and said he now fears for his safety because the map broadcast that he does not have a gun license. At the news conference Friday morning, he handed a $150 certified check and a completed pistol permit application to Rockland County Clerk Paul Piperato.

"I never owned a gun but now I have no choice," Wieder said. "I have been exposed as someone that has no gun. And I'll do anything, anything to protect my family."

This is what happens when you allow left-wing activists to control a newsroom. In a fit of misguided, self-righteous indignation, they run amok. This is also what happens when a newsroom operates in what we can only assume is a left-wing bubble. As we all know, the Left's idea of "diversity" never includes a diversity of opinion. So when everyone thinks exactly alike, there's no one with a different and more grounded worldview to talk you down.

http://www.breitbart...wspaper-gun-map

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I would say that there should be a class action lawsuit by the gun owners affected but....this information was already public domain. It had just not been bundled into a neat little pamphlet before. I'm in agreement with making a law to keep this information private. There is absolutely NO need for it to be made available to the world.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I would say that there should be a class action lawsuit by the gun owners affected but....this information was already public domain. It had just not been bundled into a neat little pamphlet before. I'm in agreement with making a law to keep this information private. There is absolutely NO need for it to be made available to the world.

There is absolutely NO need for it to be made available to the world.........

Except as a Political tool of the Looney Left in regard to curtailing your personal freedom.

Except as a Political tool of the Looney Left in regard to curtailing your personal freedom.

Sorry, I can't see how the publishing of this information will curtail anyone's freedom to own a weapon. If anything, it has served to increase gun sales. And MAYBE has discouraged the legal acquisition of registered weapons; some gun owners will inevitably hold them without registering. Whatever, the agenda of the publishers has blown up in their faces. There comes a time when labeling every news item 'left' or 'right' is no longer relevant. We don't even have clearly defined left and right in the U.S. anymore. :lightbulb2:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Sorry, I can't see how the publishing of this information will curtail anyone's freedom to own a weapon. If anything, it has served to increase gun sales. And MAYBE has discouraged the legal acquisition of registered weapons; some gun owners will inevitably hold them without registering. Whatever, the agenda of the publishers has blown up in their faces. There comes a time when labeling every news item 'left' or 'right' is no longer relevant. We don't even have clearly defined left and right in the U.S. anymore. :lightbulb2:

Sure we do. It's all progressively Left, that's why it's hard to discern. Believe it or not, there is still a right and w rong. It's exceedingly hard to find the Right though and that is because we have alltogether abandoned God and His Word. It's even evident amongst the Leftists that post here.

Yes, there is a popular agenda to remove your rights in favor of your security. The trick is that you will have neither at the end of the day.

it's no conspiracy either, it's all out in the open and in you face now and it appears that the Left just doesn't care because enough people are bought, duped, or apathetic to allow them to do so.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

all over the world govts are making crazy decisions to further personal agendas with little or inadequate explanation. i see all around me here in london, england. the days are getting darker as they draw to a close. let's shine brighter for Jesus.

"we have alltogether abandoned God and His Word".

Well maybe the 'WE' have done this but I have not and neither have millions of others.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Like the old saying says.. What comes around goes around.. and another one: Think first before you react..

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

The only people that will benefit from this are the criminals.