• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  989
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  01/13/1959

February 2, 2013EARTHAn earthquake of magnitude 6.7 struck off the coast of the Solomon Islands (Santa Cruz) in the Pacific Ocean, the U.S. Geological Survey said on Friday. The quake was later downgraded by the USGS to a 6.3 magnitude event. The depth of the quake was 10 km (6.2 miles) and the epicenter was 68 km southwest of Lata. The quake hit at 9:16 a.m. local time on Saturday. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center did not immediately issue any alerts on its website. This quake was underscored by an even stronger 6.9 magnitude earthquake that just struck the Hokkaido region of East Japan on February 2nd. This is the eighth major earthquake to strike the planet in the last five days. The present cluster of earthquakes began with a 6.0 event in Eastern Kazakhstan on January 28th, following a full moon on January 27, 2013. Perhaps, it may not be readily apparent to most that our planet appears to now be inching towards the spectrum of some major cataclysmic event. This approaching black swan occurrence is characterized by the gradual escalation of geological activity of a violent seismic and volcanic nature. 44 volcanic eruptive events have already been recorded for the month of January; where there was only 77 chronicled for the entire year of 2012.

rest of article:

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/2013/02/02/earth-reeling-from-eight-major-earthquakes-striking-in-5-days/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Hard to say. We really haven't been able to unlock the secret to earthquakes with regards to prediction and interpretation - or even if their is an ability to predict and interpret them.

I've seen enough hype such as this before that fizzled to nothing to regard this with skepticism as well. Our ability to monitor earthquakes around the globe with precision has not been around long enough for us to determine if this is an anomaly or if it is common for there to be periods of increased activity.

So, maybe this means something, maybe it doesn't. We'll see.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

We had a smaller one a couple of days ago.It was a 3.7 but my whole house shook. :13:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Hard to say. We really haven't been able to unlock the secret to earthquakes with regards to prediction and interpretation - or even if their is an ability to predict and interpret them.

I've seen enough hype such as this before that fizzled to nothing to regard this with skepticism as well. Our ability to monitor earthquakes around the globe with precision has not been around long enough for us to determine if this is an anomaly or if it is common for there to be periods of increased activity.

So, maybe this means something, maybe it doesn't. We'll see.

Exactly the way I feel...seen enough hype in my lifetime...was raised by a preacher that had us running scared our whole lives about the world ending...I learned not to pay much attention...it destroyed all us kids, we all grew up without being able to dream or set goals because of it. We had the fear of God in a whole big way...petrified...was more like it.

If you have children, don't ever let them hear you discussing this kind of thing, you have no idea the damage it does to a child who doesn't understand.

Wow. Didn't realize this report would be viewed as "hype". It is a factual report of latest activity.

We are to be watching for the signs Jesus said would precede His coming. We should not be in fear of what the LORD is in control of.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Wow. Didn't realize this report would be viewed as "hype". It is a factual report of latest activity.

We are to be watching for the signs Jesus said would precede His coming. We should not be in fear of what the LORD is in control of.

I posted an article about the super volcano in Yellowstone. But because it came from a site that's known for conspiracy theories, it was ignored.

I believe nature is going to play a big part in the coming of the end.

I posted an article about the super volcano in Yellowstone. But because it came from a site that's known for conspiracy theories, it was ignored.

I believe nature is going to play a big part in the coming of the end.

I understand.

I believe so too.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Actually, there was a "hype" attached to the facts:

"Perhaps, it may not be readily apparent to most that our planet appears to now be inching towards the spectrum of some major cataclysmic event."

I know we're anxious for the Lord's return, and so we tend to interpret things with expectation of this being a sign or fulfillment. But after over 20 years of interpreting world and natural events this way, and multiple "Yellowstone is about to blow" reports and the like, I've just gotten tired of anticipating something big around the corner and the corner never coming.