JHERB

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I doubt this will destroy the kid. They are much more resilient than that. Besides that, both the kid and the mother need to understand that we live in a country of laws and rules, and if we are going to survive people need to learn to follow the rules or get them changed. Maybe some of you need to learn that same lesson also.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

no fighting, real or imaginary; no weapons, real or imaginary.

Who would have believed, even ten years ago, that we'd actually live to see the "thought police" become a reality.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Besides that, both the kid and the mother need to understand that we live in a country of laws and rules, and if we are going to survive people need to learn to follow the rules or get them changed.

It sounds as if the mother is trying to do something about the bogus law. The article mentioned she was keeping him home until this got resolved.

Maybe some of you need to learn that same lesson also.

So what would you suggest we do, Other One? "Roll over and die"? or do what to get them changed?

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I doubt this will destroy the kid. They are much more resilient than that. Besides that, both the kid and the mother need to understand that we live in a country of laws and rules, and if we are going to survive people need to learn to follow the rules or get them changed. Maybe some of you need to learn that same lesson also.

You know, you on one hand, spout all these conspiracy theories about how the governments controlled by evil forces, and on the other, tell us to just comply with the government? At what point do you draw the line? and your also assuming were not doing something about it. The mother is doing something about it, and theres no one here, or anywhere else, that disagrees that this is a nation of laws-but two points. First off, school regs, are not laws. Second, while many are good, some, like this one, are stupid. Part of doing something about it, is what the mothers doing, trying to resolve it. The other part, is advertising it, so others are made aware of the situation so they can help, and be prepared if it happens to them.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I wonder what televison shows or video games he plays.The world is a little shakey and a little nervous over some major tragedies.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

You know, you on one hand, spout all these conspiracy theories about how the governments controlled by evil forces, and on the other, tell us to just comply with the government? At what point do you draw the line? and your also assuming were not doing something about it. The mother is doing something about it, and theres no one here, or anywhere else, that disagrees that this is a nation of laws-but two points. First off, school regs, are not laws. Second, while many are good, some, like this one, are stupid. Part of doing something about it, is what the mothers doing, trying to resolve it. The other part, is advertising it, so others are made aware of the situation so they can help, and be prepared if it happens to them.

Where I draw the line is paranoia. Where people find conspiracies under every rock..... Most schools I've ever read about or been involved in would not have rules of this nature that they didn't tell people about ahead of time...... one doesn't complain about a rule after their kids have broken them, but before if they think the rule is stupid. I personally don't like the idea that we are teaching this kid that he can decide what things he has to follow and which he cares not to. I personally think the rule is way overboard, however I don't know the situation with the kid and what he watches and the games he plays at home...... at what point can he decide to become a villin instead of a hero. And I personally know of some six and seven year olds that were and are still very dangerous beings. When my wife was still working she had students that would try and push teachers down the stairs because they were upset about something. Pick chairs up and throw them at other students.

So the potential is there, and if the school wants to forbid that kind of action, they have the right to do so, even to the point of wanting to be a hero. If one is dead set against it then home school the kids.

How many times have I read on this webboard that people just don't have any respect for the law any longer........ well it starts when your six or seven.....

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

actually, a lot of schools Ive been to, the parents dont have any idea what all the rules are, they publish them in this big long book that no one cares to read. On top of that, even if the parents knew, the kids what, 7? how many 7 year olds remember all the rules? especially when theyre allowed to play such games at home. Kids, sometimes disobey to. From what I understand of the article, the kid wasnt given much more then given maybe a verbal warning, no detention, call to the parents or anything else, just BAM your suspended. The rule, (which isnt the law by the way) the rule is wrong, the punishment is severe, and, sometimes rules have to be dealt with when they become a problem because you dont always realize theres a problem until it happens. I say that parent should sue the socks off that school.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

You really need to figure out whether you are for the system or against it, because you seem to be unable to decide.

Lawlessness rules this world unfortunately.Then they teach their kids. :hmmm:

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So there goes the ability for children to be imaginative. Talk about thought control.

Praying For The Fear Filled

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. 1 John 4:18

And For The Children

Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence. Matthew 19:13-15

Save Now LORD Jesus, Save Now

In Jesus' Name

Amen