missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

Being respectful, may I ask what scripture you use to come to this conclusion?

In this instance, considering the OP, that is a direct thread derail. The thread is not about the merit of different rapture or end-times beliefs.

As to the OP, define respect as to how you are interpreting it bopeep. I had one person at work tell me that the Gray's were going to come to Earth in flying saucers and toast everyone with death rays and then the End would come. And he claimed to be a Christian. Quite frankly, I could not, and cannot have respect for a view such as that.

I am glad that our End Time beliefs has no bearing on our final destination.I think that we can all agree that we will be Home in Heaven with our Lord no matter how or when we get there.

I do not blame you.I would not have respect for that view as well and I am afraid that I would tell them that my Christian views are very very different from theirs.I would refer them to the Holy Bible.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

In this instance, considering the OP, that is a direct thread derail. The thread is not about the merit of different rapture or end-times beliefs.

As to the OP, define respect as to how you are interpreting it bopeep. I had one person at work tell me that the Gray's were going to come to Earth in flying saucers and toast everyone with death rays and then the End would come. And he claimed to be a Christian. Quite frankly, I could not, and cannot have respect for a view such as that.

No it is not. She said that she studied on this subject, and through her studies, and prayer, she came to her belief. I inquired what scripture she used to come up with that conclusion ... and in a respectful way.

We all have our own views of Eschatology.That does not mean that we should belittle or harrass someone who has a different view than we do.We should respect each others view.

Ok tell me what your view is then?

You cannot start a discussion about respecting each others views when I don't know what yours are on the subject.

So care to elucidate?

I have prayed over all of the different views of eschatology.I have studied them.Not wanting to be closed mined.My peace has come with the pre-trib theory.

This is just one of many that has brought me to my conclusion:

1 Thessalonians 4:15–17

For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

I love that passage. It fit perfectly with 1 Corinthians 15:51-53

Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

By looking at both passages, we see that when Christ returns, it will be at the last trumpet!

I am glad that our End Time beliefs has no bearing on our final destination.I think that we can all agree that we will be Home in Heaven with our Lord no matter how or when we get there.

I do not blame you.I would not have respect for that view as well and I am afraid that I would tell them that my Christian views are very very different from theirs.I would refer them to the Holy Bible.

That is very loving. Consider that not all are called to teach, just as not all are called to work with those who need healing, or visit people in jail or at home. We all have a calling on our lives. What is important is that we make sure of our calling and election, that it is of God and not our own desires. A person on the front lines has a different demeanor than someone sitting at a bedside, both have a purpose, one not above another, just different jobs that require different tools.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

A wise man once said to me, Gary, I respect you but your belief I cannot as those who believe as you do end up in Hell. This was said to me two days before my conversion to Christianity by the one bringing me the gospel. We ought to respect one another but we ought never have respect unto false doctrine. Paul respected those who were on Mars Hill and he even went as far as to point out where their beliefs were right but then he went about correcting the error in their theology.

As I have continued to study and seek a more perfect understanding of the truth, I have had to admit quite a few times along the way that I had been misled and was propagating that which was not true in ignorance. Having been the one who was dead wrong on many occasion I am glad that there were those who had no respect for that which I held as truth and some of them had respect for me. I found that I learned faster from those who respected me though they did not respect my doctrine than I did from someone who had no respect for either. Principles before personalities is a tough deal but absolutely necessary component of my growth. Just yesterday I had a young believer come to me in a completely inappropriate manner and share his opinion of my actions with me in a very tasteless way. I was moved to put him in his place first and foremost using certain truths that disarmed him in his advance toward me but later while I was alone I reconsidered the whole exchange seeking to see if God was revealing anything to me about me through him and found that he was. God is good. His ways past finding out. Some times he opens the mouth of the donkey and the dumb ass speaks.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

As with any education I have found that it is not the textual or 'schooling' knowledge that indicated your intellect but your wisdom. I have seen too many who have book knowledge and think they know more than the uneducated one - sadly they only show their own ignorance. One may not be able to put into words what is in the heart or mind about the wonders of God in their life whereas the educated one may sound refined but totally misses the mark. To say that one does not suffer fools shows an arrogance that is not befitting a Christian. You may have book knowledge but lack the sensitivity of a humble man. Prefer to be humble and understanding of the other. There are many who have minimal education but know more about God and the Bible than one who has a doctorate in divinity.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

As with any education I have found that it is not the textual or 'schooling' knowledge that indicated your intellect but your wisdom. I have seen too many who have book knowledge and think they know more than the uneducated one - sadly they only show their own ignorance. One may not be able to put into words what is in the heart or mind about the wonders of God in their life whereas the educated one may sound refined but totally misses the mark. To say that one does not suffer fools shows an arrogance that is not befitting a Christian. You may have book knowledge but lack the sensitivity of a humble man. Prefer to be humble and understanding of the other. There are many who have minimal education but know more about God and the Bible than one who has a doctorate in divinity.

Exactly.A PHD may get you the high paying job that you want but that alone is not going to get you to Heaven.Although the homeless man who has had no education and loves Jesus may take a front row seat in Heaven.