IGNORED

We all have our own views

missmuffet

I don't respect rubbish and I cannot suffer a fool..... The best advice is to do one's own homework and to liberally preserve one's notes for future reference. But that involves a modicum of work, something an opinionated fool is not likely to engage in.....

Good post. I think where we sometimes miss it, is when we fail and stop consider, that no more than one view is correct, and perhaps, none are. I ask myself, what makes me think my views are correct, when other Spirit indwelt and filled believes form other conclusions. I wonder, why they think theirs are as well.'

Another Take On Fools

Thus my heart was grieved, and I was pricked in my reins.

So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.

Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.

Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. Psalms 73:21-26

And Such

Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?

She standeth in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.

She crieth at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.

Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.

O ye simple, understand wisdom: and, ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart. Proverbs 8:1-5

And Thus I Have Hope

~

Some Took Notes

Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Hebrews 10:7

And Noted That The Holy Ghost Points to Jesus

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: John 15:26

So Anytime They Read Anything Anywhere In The Holy Bible

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John 5:39

They Would Ask, "Sir, I Would See Jesus"

The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus. John 12:31

And They Did

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, Revelation 1:1(a)

~

What~! You Disagree?

Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him. Proverbs 26:12

Oops~!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,296
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Shalom, bopeep1909.

We all have our own views of Eschatology.That does not mean that we should belittle or harrass someone who has a different view than we do.We should respect each others view.

I agree with you in how we should treat others who have the Ruach haQodesh (the Holy Spirit) residing within them! Remember Yeshua`s words, y'all: "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." (Matthew 25:40)

However, I don't quite agree with your last statement. We do not have to respect each other's view as much as we respect each other. Respect the person but challenge the teaching when you see something wrong with it! We are to be "iron sharpening iron." There's a whole lot of scraping of metal against metal to sharpen a tool, but the tool is better off for the wear.

I agree.We do not have to respect each others views.We do need to treat each other with kindness and respect.Debating the eschatology of the return of Christ will go on until He comes back.You can put 10 people in a room and discuss one verse of Scripture.You may get 10 different interpretations.

Yes loved one... but imagine this- each will account for their own heart before the Lord and that is what we prepare for

in His Word to yield to His Spirit to know the truth and we shall know we are on the right path by the freedom it brings from this

place as we walk in our understanding!

John 8:31-32

31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, "If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.

32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

NKJV

Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I have to agree with Bopeep on this. Let to each their own. You won't change them anyway. And once you feel that prideful anger welling up in you, you're no longer being of God.

A few months ago I used to see a JW every Sunday. I never argued with him, but let him speak. Then 1 Sunday he said But I have to show you what I know. I merely looked at him and said I already know what you know. Let me teach you what I know. He said have a good day and walked away.

It wasn't what I said, but how I said it.

This was all pre-Sandy storm disaster. I haven't seen him since. I hope he survived. I wasn't done with him.

I only stop talking and walk away when a person gets angry. That's then the devil. I don't talk to him.

Maybe someday all Christians will get along. No anger, no pride, no screaming or yelling. I hope I see that. But I'd rather go be with the Lord.

:thumbsup:

Chip

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17

Off The

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

Old Block

Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ. Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture,

Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded. Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed. 1 Peter 2:5-8

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

Agree to the initial statement.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

We all have our own views of Eschatology.That does not mean that we should belittle or harrass someone who has a different view than we do.We should respect each others view.

So if someone tells you that God is actually an intelligent alien from another dimension and will return with His spaceship to rule over us, you see nothing wrong with this? I agree that how we approach what others say is important, but when someone is so far off the wall that there is no support, but just radical theories, it has to be dealt with sternly so others who are seeking the truth will see it for what it is.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/21/1970

I like what Ephesians 4 says about speaking the truth in love.

[14] that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, [15] but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head--Christ-- [16] from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love. - Eph 4:14-16 NKJ

We are to love one another and seems to me it wouldn't be showing love to let someone continue in an off the wall belief.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.78
  • Days Won:  226

So if someone tells you that God is actually an intelligent alien from another dimension and will return with His spaceship to rule over us, you see nothing wrong with this? I agree that how we approach what others say is important, but when someone is so far off the wall that there is no support, but just radical theories, it has to be dealt with sternly so others who are seeking the truth will see it for what it is.

Personally I would have issues if someone thought God was an alien.But life is full of choices.I pray daily for those who are not saved.The rest is up to God.I can not change a heart only God can.God does not make us love him.He is not some cosmic raptist who drags us into Heaven.The reason He gives us a choice is because He loves us.If your wife put a gun to your head and told you that you had to love her would that be love?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I don't respect rubbish and I cannot suffer a fool.

"I am what I am."

- Popeye the sailor

Nevertheless I must confess that I've read a good deal of thoughtful and dare I say insightful postings by people who've taken the time and effort to educate themselves.

Education and study are evident in a post as well as glib ill-defined and opinionated nonsense.

I respect a man who's made a sincere effort to study his material even though he may be dead wrong. There's often a fine line between truth and fantasy, between logical deduction and lunacy. Two ways to tell the difference are to study the source material (a fool quotes no one but himself), and to examine an assertions' logical steps from one point to another to the final conclusion.

Respect is a thing that is earned bopeep, NOT given. Anyone who gives respect for no reason deserves to dine on ashes, for that is all he or she will reap from the encounter.

As to Eschatology, one's views ought not be based upon fantasy, dogma, tradition or what passes for political correctness. All of these are things that cripple man's understanding of God's divine plan(s) and all of them were deeply embedded in the culture of Jesus' time. It was PC that got Jesus killed and PC that confuses many today, not to mention all the other factors I listed. If a person's eschatological views are based upon fantasy, dogma, tradition and PC one will shortly find his opinion has been built upon a house of shifting sand. The first waves of historic change will likely sweep it all away. As it was in Jesus' time, so it is in our own.

History has a way of making fools of those who try to predict it.

Talk about respecting opinions is pure rot. Every fool today has an opinion and I will not suffer it for a moment unless it proves out. Information must be sifted and studied and if it passes the test - considered for a while to be of some worth only in the course of the passage of time.

As to harassment, it is unfortunately necessary today. Consider that one of the principles of propaganda is repetition. If lies are repeated often enough, most men will inevitably accept them as truth. Reiterated lies must be faced in the crucible of open discussion and repeatedly defeated in the light of truth else we shall all fall into the sewer of fabrication. This act alone has often been sufficient for a man to be jailed. Today a certain foreign religion actively practices murder and violence to support their lies. Is the word harassment too strong when measured against those who are willing to kill to promote a lie? That is a matter to be weighed in the heart.

Every time history repeats itself, the price goes up.

The best advice is to do one's own homework and to liberally preserve one's notes for future reference. But that involves a modicum of work, something an opinionated fool is not likely to engage in.

but that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

It's obvious you hold yourself in high esteem.....if no one else. You don't have the right to browbeat others because they have a different view of Scripture regardless of what you believe.. Here, on this board, respect is required from everyone....even you.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

In talking to anyone about the Lord do as Jesus told His disciples when He sent them out - be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.

There are times when we become very heated about our own belief and we forget that the other feels the same no matter how foolish it is to us. But that approach only puts them on the defensive and the message is lost. (I speak for myself also) So remember that only entrenches one and closes off their hearing of your words. Do as Jesus said - wise a serpents and harmless as doves or you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.