OneLight

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I will give it more thought, Other One. I am not convinced that the angels will be finished with their work at this time, and if they are not, how can they be judged? I had always thought, or assumed, that our judging would be after the Great White Throne Judgment, following Christ, not going before Him. This is why this phrase is a bit puzzling to me. If this was about our judgment of the angels, one would think that the announcement of the thrones would be in sync with the language John uses when there are many, as in the number nobody could count, for the number of thrones. Yet, John states that he saw thrones, as if he could see them all. If we, those who are saved, are to judge angels from a throne, how many thrones will that take?

Don't mind me. I work with computers and databases all day long, insuring that the flow of information if factual and precise. I have a tendency to question everything that is not clear cut or is vague.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have studied Revelation somewhat in my life and I have reached very few conclusions beyond the one that for sure I know; that it was a coded message to the Christian Church as it underwent persecution in the late 1st century and early 2nd century. However the meaning of the prophecies embedded within it are difficult for me as when you study them you have to understand that time is a non-factor to God and those who have already died. For in God's onimpotence He sees past, present, and future all as one. So a chronological look at Revelation might not be possible for us. Is the thousand year reign the years of the gentile church? Possibly. Is it the reign of martyrs who have died? Possibly. Is it an allegory of the eternal reign of Christ that comes after Satan's final defeat? Possibly. There are many other explainations offered, but I do know for certain that it foretells the final defeat of sin and Satan and the establishment of a new Creation where all believers are restored to full communion with God through His Son, Jesus Christ.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

With all the discussions on the end times on what is to come, I would like to know what people think about the following:

Revelation 20:4a

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them.

As I hate to ask a question without providing more information, here are verses 1 to 6 so we can see how it is written in context.

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is
the
Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Then
I saw
the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received
his
mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This
is
the first resurrection. Blessed and holy
is
he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

What judgment are they to perform, on whom and why? I can only "assume" that they will be judging those who have died for Christ during the tribulation. Thoughts?

Read the latter part.

7 And when the thousand years are expired,

Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth,

Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

To me there is still Nations around not just one, and these seem to be not with the kingdom of God.

During the 1,000 years. Otherwise where did these enimies come from.

Now we should believe there is a kingdom of God here also.

Says in Revelation:

Rev.1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father

Rev.2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Rev.19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

How I see it is

They rule with Christ during the 1,000 years cleaning up the earth(With the Word of God which judge people) of evil and sinful nations.(not all people gets converted)

Preparing for the Holy City to come down. Rev.21

With all the discussions on the end times on what is to come, I would like to know what people think about the following:

As I hate to ask a question without providing more information, here are verses 1 to 6 so we can see how it is written in context.

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is
the
Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years; and he cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal on him, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while.

Then
I saw
the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received
his
mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This
is
is
he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

What judgment are they to perform, on whom and why? I can only "assume" that they will be judging those who have died for Christ during the tribulation. Thoughts?

They are the born-again believers who have been in heaven since their death who received thier glorified bodies at the same time that those were removed from th earth prior to the Great Trib/ Gods wrath then in addition to them were those who accepted Christ in the Great Trib and chose to obey God and not the evil ruler who demanded to be worshipped and by accepting the mark 666 indicates submitting to the evil ruler

Corinthians 6:2-4

2 Or do you not know that the Lord’s people will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? 3 Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

Revelation 20:4

4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years

Christ sets up His Kingdom and the saints carry the policies of the King of Kings, as even governments do today , only Jesus is righteous LORD of LORDS

During the 1000 year millennium satan is bound in chains in the abyss and unable to deceive anyone , near the end of the 1000 years he is set free to see who he can deceive that has experienced life without wars , and many other evils, enven though theynhave it good satan will still be able to convince many that he can offer something better than what they have , those that follow him end up in the lake of fire

I have considered this a lot also. We also read that the leaves from the tree of life are for the healing of nations, which is after the New Heaven, New Earth and the New Jerusalem comes about. It may be possible that there may still be nations again, repopulating the New Earth. I am not sold on this though for I am not sure what the next life offers in its fulness.

Still, I remain wondering why John did not mention the great number of thrones if we all are to judge the nations at the time. Could it be that we will of stood before the Bema seat prior to this time,, each given our purpose in the next life? Time will not be the same for us as it is now. Will some of us be the ones chosen to judge the nations while other are not?

the

Then
I saw
his
is
is

Read the latter part.

7 And when the thousand years are expired,

Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth,

Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

To me there is still Nations around not just one, and these seem to be not with the kingdom of God.

During the 1,000 years. Otherwise where did these enimies come from.

What does this have to do with the thrones?

Now we should believe there is a kingdom of God here also.

Says in Revelation:

Rev.1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father

Rev.2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Rev.19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Sorry, but I don't see that Jesus speaking to one church as being the ones sitting on the thrones alone. Nor do I see how these can form an opinion as to what the judgments will be about, toward and who will be the judges. Can you expound on this more so I can understand what you are saying?

How I see it is

They rule with Christ during the 1,000 years cleaning up the earth(With the Word of God which judge people) of evil and sinful nations.(not all people gets converted)

Preparing for the Holy City to come down. Rev.21

The earth as we know it, and the heavens, will be done away with. There will be no preparing by us for the New Jerusalem.