• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Someone has to help me with this. A few nights ago I was reading a thread, and became too sleepy to finish or respond. It may have been in the video group.

It was about something we don't like to hear. Sin.

The OP was making the point that Jesus told us to "be ye perfect, as thou Father in Heaven is perfect".

When I was 29 and read that I believed it. I didn't know how I could ever do such a thing, but I believed Jesus meant exactly that. But then other Christians, and preachers, all told me fear not baby Christian. You can commit any sin because you're saved and forgiven. And I've had 30 years of a fruitless Christian life. Except for a short time after Kenneth E. Hagin prayed for me. For awhile, if I asked God for something according to His will, it really happened. But then I started to sin again. Well I'm sick of being a fruitless Christian.

So #1, where was I reading this? Anyone know?

But #2. Was Jesus playing with us when He said we will do what He did and even greater things? I don't think so.

Was Jesus an insane lunatic? I say NO. So what are we doing wrong?

We live our lives with so much sin in them we can't even count them. Maybe we will be forgiven, this isn't about that. This is about asking God for something, according to His will, and having it happen.

I know I was reading about this and started to fall asleep, so I went to bed and now I don't recall where it was.

I say, don't let anyone tell you that you don't have to be perfect. Maybe you can be saved and not be perfect, but you won't get many prayers answered that way. Maybe we will never be 100% perfect. But the closer we come to that number, the more prayers we will get answered.

Anyone here agree with me? I hope.

John

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Mathew 5:44-48 may be some of the verses you seek. We were being told to love our enemies and so be perfect (mature) like our Father.

John 14:12-14 may also be verses you seek. I believe the key is to put on the mind of Christ and seeing which things Jesus would do. If it is to go out and share the Gospel, making disciples, we know this is His will. If we act in obedience to Him he blesses us. But if we are thinking with a worldly outlook, seeking things for outselves such as riches, James 4:3 says you ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. Too often our prayers are selfish. We seek our own glory rather than God's. We secretly want power or the admiration of others.

It sounds like Kenneth Hagen was used by God in your life. Be careful to only grasp hold of the things the Holy Spirit speaks into your life. The rest is probably of the flesh. It does not matter who the speaker is, this is a good rule to follow. Mr Hagen's concepts are occasionally distorted by satan, taken out of context or construed to to cause us to seek worldly gain. The love of money is the root of all evil, and Godliness with contenment is great gain. We should be content with food and clothing. i Timothy 6:6-10

All scripture needs to be believed but in context and not isolated from the whole counsel of God.

God uses imperfect people to do His work. But by walking in the Spirit we may occasionally step out of our comfort zone and obey Him . Then He may even use us in spite of ourselves.

I hope this answers your question

Edited by Willamina

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I truly believe that God can bring us to a point of sinlessness, though it can only be through his guidance and grace. Everything in us is sinful, but everything in Christ is without sin. Thankfully we now have Christ in us. I hope one day to go even 24 hours without sin, something that seems near impossible for me now. But I must believe that our Father can give grace for even more than that.

Thank you for the responses. I found it. It is in the video section, and it's not that we will be 100% sinless all the time. That's impossible.

But we can choose to turn away from sin almost all the time. Since I'm very acquainted with addictions I'll liken the flesh's desire to sin as an addiction. To quit doing it we have to take 1 day at a time. So for example, I won't use foul language today. I won't worry about tomorrow. (which is also scriptural) I'll just worry about today.

When I was a baby Christian I was told so often that it's OK to sin, that it's sad. (btw, the #1 man telling me that was cheating on his wife every chance he got) But I didn't find out about that for 20 years.

You can sin and be forgiven, but I doubt you will grow much as a Christian. I have to think and pray on this a lot more. It's just a shame I had to wait 30 years to hear this teaching.

Here's the link.

Gary you should watch this.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I think the key is to take it one day at a time, any more than that overwhelms, because it is difficult to have one single sinless day. It's not just the possibility of sinning in a physical manner, but through the thoughts in our minds. It's a shame anyone would ever say it is fine to sin because clearly scripture says otherwise. We should strive to be Christ-like, and Christ was perfect, so you are on the right path in my opinion, God bless.

I came out of Catholicism (45 years ago) where one had to confess their sins to a priest and say prayers as penance to then receive communion. Ten years later, after seeing the world belongs to the devil, I wanted a personal relationship with God. I joined a Born Again church some HS friends belonged to. I asked what we do about sin and they said nothing. You just tell God you're sorry and you're forgiven. It seemed too easy. It was too easy. There was no motivation to not sin. That church fell apart, and I haven't found a decent one yet. I considered going back to Catholicism but they believe too many things that are not in the Bible. I think the Catholic church tried to take all the important things a man of God should be doing and they made it into a religion, because back when it was done, most people were illiterate, the printing press wasn't invented, and the average person couldn't understand the things of God.

But power corrupts, and the Catholic church got into trouble. And now they're about to accept homosexuality.

Where I live, Born Again Christians, simply play church on Sunday, and maybe 1 night a week. Sin is running rampart, and everyone laughs at me.

(and I'm about to lose my Internet connection)

Right now we have to ask, are all these things happening from God, or men, such as the Illuminati or whatever you want to call them. Even if men are doing this, it doesn't mean we are far from Jesus returning.

I'm hoping to find people here who believe in trying to live without sin. And as we keep trying, we start succeeding. Little by little. It can be done, because Jesus said it can be done.

.... I'm hoping to find people here who believe in trying to live without sin. And as we keep trying, we start succeeding. Little by little. It can be done, because Jesus said it can be done.....

:thumbsup:

~

This One Speaks To Me

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. Hebrews 12:4

Sharply

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

I think it is important to know that Jesus told us to try and be like Him...well, that is sinless. We will never be 100% sinless, but the closer we get to it, yes, the more of our prayers get answered. But the problem is we can't do it on our own. To be like Jesus we have to walk with him daily in our hearts...listen to His voice, hear when he is convicting us, and be obediant. Every negative thing comes from sin.

There are many simple things that many of us do every day that wouldn't even be seen as sin...watching TV is one of the big ones depending on what you are watching. It really has an impact on your beliefs, and how far you go to see something as being normal and not a sin.

What goes in must come out...so if you are very careful about what you allow in, then whatever comes out will fall into sync with what Jesus wants us to be.

I once had a wise old aunt tell me that if it is not uplifting, and not about faith, it is not worth reading, listening to, or seeing...and she was right. When she said that I really started to change alot of things. And although I fail, it is not because of what i am exposing myself to...it is more abut my emotions running rampant (one thing I need to get under control)

We can live VERY clean and abundant lives through Christ...but for that we have to lean into Him and have an ongoing daily relationship with him. Out of that will spill love...and love perfects everything