IGNORED

Do you believe miracles still happen today?

Carlasangels

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Yes miracles still happen today. (I know you probably expect healing testimonies :king: )

The biggest miracle to happen in the last 65 years has been the re-emergence of Israel.

We often talk about the miraculous exodus of the children of Israel under the leadership of Moses

but the Bible expressly talks about this being overshadowed in the last days by an even greater

exodus from the four corners of the earth.

Verse provided if needed.

Thank you Botz, No, I wasn't looking for healing miracles, although those are great too. Just wanted to get a feel for the community and what variables may come into a conversation about miracles. This one is a great one. Please provide the scripture....

Great stuff...here is the verse as requested which is one that is often overlooked, but actually demonstrates conclusively

that modern Israel, although not perfect or righteous (neither were the Israelites) is G-ds doing, and today more Jews

live in Israel than any where else on the planet 6 million, which happens to co-incide with how many were lost in the Sho'ah.

"Therefore behold, the days are coming," says the Lord, "that it shall no more be said, 'The

Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of Egypt,' but, 'The Lord lives

who brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north and from all the lands where

He had driven them.' For I will bring them back into their land which I gave to their fathers." Jeremiah 16:14-15; see also 23:7-8)

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

I've absolutely seen miracles many times, but for the sake of not offending my cessationist brothers and sisters here, I'll not relate them. Let's just put it this way: God is good! :biggrin2:

You don't have to tread on egg-sheels here and worry about offending because yoiu describe G-d moving in power bro...that is

a snare...please be free in the L-rd to give Him glory through what He has accomplished in your life...others will be blessed.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1973

You don't have to tread on egg-sheels here and worry about offending.... Well put, I feel the same way about anything on here really. We are all students meaning we will always be learning and nobody is perfect. I personally will not knock any personal belief,or any way someone may think is the right way to interpet the Word,or their opinon on what a miracle is,etc..If we don't agree,I will be the 1st to just leave it alone and move on. We all sin and there will be different opinions,nobody should feel like walking on egg shells.. Matt 7 vs 3-5: Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. Also in Ecclesiastes 7 vs 20-22 For there is not a just man on earth who does good and does not sin. Also do not take to heart everything people say,lest you hear your servant cursing you. For many times,also,your own heart has known That even you have cursed others.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

The Father forgiving me my sin and as the song says, " tho' I fail and betray His trust" He still loves and forgives me if I ask and knowing that if I had been the only one that needed redemption, Jesus still would have died on that cross for me. What a wondrous love is His.

Is there a greater miracle? Physical perhaps but that the Son of God would be at that moment on the cross separated not only from the Father but also torn from the Trinity - Is there a greater miracle and Love that He, my Lord and Saviour should do this for a sinner such as I?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

I see miracles happen quite often. They come in various forms. The last one I saw was at the foot of my driveway when all the snow melted this week. There was a 3-4 foot puddle left behind in the perfect shape of a heart that reminded me of God's love just when I needed it. I should have taken a picture as it was marvelous. The water has since dried up. Maybe next rain?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

A miracle happened to me before I was serving God. I was just driving down the road after work when I heard a voice (for the first time and never since). It told me to slow down or I would be killed within the next few seconds.

I slowed down, threw a cigarette out the window, turned down the raidio which was all the way up, and put on my seatbelt. Around the next curve, a school bus had just pulled out of a church parking lot; the bus took up both sides of the road --- and then some. There was no way around that bus!

That was God!

After I was saved, once God inspired me to urgently pray for a person I knew. It was odd. But the next day I learned she had a wreck and during the wreck, her young daughter was thrown from the vehicle.

Everyone was ok! That was God.

I hope I am bringing glory to God with these testimonies. I have been blessed with God's grace, as many others. I've done nothing to deserve anything good from God. He is just wonderful.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2

saving me was a huge miracle, it should give every sinner hope

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Too many miracles in my own life where God intervened to protect me from serious injury. Family members who have been healed.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  4

Yes, I believe in miracles and think we are at the door of seeing things we would not believe even if we were told!

Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marvellously: for I will work a work in your days, which ye will not believe, though it be told you. (Habakkuk 1:5)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

This happened a long time ago, but I consider this a miracle. Have you ever made a certain ride in your car and you know from doing it so often about how long it takes? I used to drive around a lot and there was a certain Christian book store in another town that I went to so often I knew how long it took to get there. I was at a cousin's home 1 evening and I was trying to convince him to buy a Bible. In fact I had been trying to convince him to buy a Bible for a long time. One night he finally agreed. But I looked at the clock and the store would close in 20 minutes. I knew it was a 30 minute ride, but I didn't tell him that because then he would have refused to even try and get there on time. We got in my car and I said a silent prayer to God. I asked God to let us get there before the store closed. In essence I asked God to stretch time, because I had seen God do that for me before. We got there in just under 20 minutes, so they had to let us in. My cousin did buy a Bible that night. So maybe those 2 miracles. My cousin bought the only Bible he would ever own, and we got there in less time than it took to get there.