wingnut-

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  67

Even if we were to say divorce and re-marriage is what causes the "most disruption of family life," why the constant need to downplay the sinfulness of sodomy? There is always the dutiful disclaimer that acknowledges the Bible says homosexuality is a sin, but then there is a defense of how homosexuality hasn't been nearly as bad for society as we make out. Why are so many going around trying to downplay the damage done to the nation by sodomites? Why not just focus on divorce and re-marriage if you think that is the primary problem, and leave the discussion of sodomites out?

I am not downplaying the sin of homosexuality, the intent of the thread is to discuss sexual immorality and how two different examples are approached in an unequal manner. My goal as a Christian is to serve The Lord as best I can, and I felt led to post on this matter, especially in light of recent events both personally and nationally. It's just a matter of time before homosexuals start calling us out on this, I think the body of Christ should be able and willing to discuss difficult yet relevant topics.

Guest ninhao

I am referring to the implications of double standards. Being consistent should we petition the government to legislate against gay marriage.

Yes or no ?

False dichotomy. There is no need for the government to legislate either for or against gay marriage because what constitutes marriage is already mandated by each state's laws, and there is no need, and never was, to tamper with it. There is no need to legislate "against" gay marriage when it is already prohibited in the majority of the United States. No double standard.

What the government does is not relative to what it should, or need, do, really.

I agree there are no double standards if we don't petition the government. If the government, or state, does change the legislation to accept gay marriage as equal to man woman marriage should we petition the government against this.

If we do would this imply using double standards.

Yes or no ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

I am not downplaying the sin of homosexuality, the intent of the thread is to discuss sexual immorality and how two different examples are approached in an unequal manner.

Currently the world is trying to force homosexuality on us. That is why you are seeing what you perceive as an unequal manner of treatment. When the world has divorce pride day, adultery day, pedophilia day parades and tries to label you with terrible names if you dont agree with their point of view, then you will likely see a greater push from Christians about this.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

I think that the first post in this thread is quite reasonable, and so are the implications that arise. I must also say that the applicable Scriptures from the Holy Bible are pretty blunt and to the point. I didn't say this to rub salt in anyone's wounds, rather just to acknowledge the truth. We are all guilty of many sins - our part is to recognize them and seek forgiveness. Thankfully, we have a Lord and Saviour who paid for our sins with His blood. Thank you Lord.

Currently the world is trying to force homosexuality on us. That is why you are seeing what you perceive as an unequal manner of treatment. When the world has divorce pride day, adultery day, pedophilia day parades and tries to label you with terrible names if you dont agree with their point of view, then you will likely see a greater push from Christians about this.

It is definitely being forced on us, I do not disagree with that. That being said, sin is still sin, and as Christians we must be willing to identify it and address it, not just the sin we personally don't struggle with.

I didn't say this to rub salt in anyone's wounds, rather just to acknowledge the truth. We are all guilty of many sins - our part is to recognize them and seek forgiveness. Thankfully, we have a Lord and Saviour who paid for our sins with His blood. Thank you Lord.

I agree completely, we must speak the truth in love. Praise The Lord for His mercy!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

It is definitely being forced on us, I do not disagree with that. That being said, sin is still sin, and as Christians we must be willing to identify it and address it, not just the sin we personally don't struggle with.

Many do address it. But since it isnt the big agenda driven issue that homosexuality is, you wont see a CEO who says something against it making the news and having his company protested against the way you did with chick fil a.

Many do address it. But since it isnt the big agenda driven issue that homosexuality is, you wont see a CEO who says something against it making the news and having his company protested against the way you did with chick fil a.

Maybe one way to combat this is to hold those accountable behind it. For example, Rob Reiner, who is behind the recent challenge the Supreme Court is hearing. Maybe what Christians should do is boycott him and any Hollywood production his hand is in. This is after all where the money comes from to back his agenda.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

Maybe one way to combat this is to hold those accountable behind it. For example, Rob Reiner, who is behind the recent challenge the Supreme Court is hearing. Maybe what Christians should do is boycott him and any Hollywood production his hand is in. This is after all where the money comes from to back his agenda.

I feel that all sexual immorality is being deemed as okay in this new hyper sexual time, along with a lack of responsibility for ones actions (all about me syndromes) there is a negation of any sexual sins. It is still wrong to murder but it is okay to commit adultery or be a homosexual in the media. To not lose the congregation it seems like most churches have stopped talking about any sexual immorality because it hurts too many people's feelings or that their are straw man arguments like "what if the woman was in an abusive relationship and couldn't leave so she had to cheat". I guess what I am saying is that I agree that we should hold all accountable but with Christians (liberal) today not reading the bible and never wanting to hear that what they are doing is a sin there will be little of a force to hold people accountable. There is a big problem today with claiming sin. No one wants to hear (generalization of my campus) that God disproves of their lifestyle or that they are sinning. Calling someone out on a sin is the same as judgement which is bad and hypocritical in our society. People are confused and believe that loving the way that Jesus loves condones the sin so thus as long as love is in the picture sin is okay. We live in a world where no one wants to be the bad guy meaning no one wants to say that is wrong or a sin.

And just as a side note IMHO the only people who don't catch flack for cheating is hollywood for some reason but government officials can be completely push out of the office for cheating like Clinton. As certain immoral people normalize their behavior then it is accepted because no one wants to "judge" or the immoral person could just justify the reason for doing the sin. So I think all the sexual immorality is destroying families not really because we allow it (I don't allow nor do I support...I will call people out if they back me into a corner) but because the rest of the world (the confused population) allows it.I think I am a conservative but I can't help my friends who are completely liberal and don't read the bible thus I can only state my opinion on immorality (with understanding that I won't be taken seriously). I remember one quote that says "You are okay. You are just going sane in an insane world" meaning that we can't really stop the rest of the world from championing the good in sexual immorality we can only control our little inner circles and that I believe that is enough.

I agree we should boycott adultery and those who support homosexuality but with the changing tides ( more confusion in the world) it might be harder to get a crowd large enough like with Chick fil-a. It would have to be something big to cause a boycott because not that many Christians even know the companies stance with whom they buy produce. I hope I have made some sense.

Edited by revolutionist90

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ha! The majority of Christians are too in love with entertainment to boycott such things.

:sad030: