• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

Mark 13:11

English Standard Version (ESV)

11 And when they bring you to trial and deliver you over, do not be anxious beforehand what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

Psalm 19:7-14 (KJV)

The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. [8] The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. [9] The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. [10] More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. [11] Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward. [12] Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults . [13] Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins ; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. [14] Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord , my strength, and my redeemer.

I really appreciate the advice! The problem with joining the Christian club is that (like many Christian demoninations today) they can still be worldly and not hold the Bible as truth. At the end of the day I guess if someone asks then I will either say "None of your business" if it is for someone who I don't know but if I feel comfortable with the person I will answer but I will not be vocal about my opinions since that will just cause more strife. Sound like a good plan?

Not so much. :) Like anywhere else in life, honesty is always the best policy.

I work at a (very) liberal university, and while most folks keep to themselves, those who I've gotten into conversations with know what I believe -- and that I will not back down from it. I don't do it in a nasty way, but I do point out their intolerance of my beliefs when they differ from theirs. Bottom line is those I see each day know I won't back down from what I believe (and yes, I've been threatened with losing my dead end job too,) and this has resulted in a grudging respect from some and outright hatred from others -- but its nothing that Jesus didn't say would happen to us as believers.

I try to follow some advice I was given by an old pastor who is now home with the Lord:

"If everyone seems to hate you, make sure its because of Jesus and not because you're just a jerk!"

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/02/1984

Christ never said It would be easy to follow him, he did say however he will bless us:

"Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me."

Matthew 5:11

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2

I have just learned that an upperclassmen who's a friend of mine and has strong christian values was mobbed during his freshman year by the students of my school. He received hate mail and was frequently jeered at on the campus. This happened for four years ( I was a freshman two years after the incident). The reason for this is because he expressed his religious views meaning he was pro-life, anti-gay marriage and other views. This has shaken me a little. Not only was he (still is) a good friend but no one talked about the incident until a meeting to increase diversity on campus...this year after he has graduated. I had always felt a little like I wasn't wanted on the campus sometimes but now I'm really understanding what the animosity was about. I am christian and I read the bible. The majority of students don't like either. I am studying abroad now and will have to return in the summer and well I'm wondering what will be the best plan of action. I will always pray and no God will always be with me. I also know that this trial is just a test and that I am getting closer in my relationship with God. I guess the statement of a student basically being assaulted because of religious views is really daunting at times and the school is really charged as being pro-gay marriage...which I am against. So what should I do? Be quiet and keep my head down?

well you call yourself a revolutionist, and are considering keeping your head down, I don't get it?

this little light of mine.....................

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.11
  • Days Won:  115

I have just learned that an upperclassmen who's a friend of mine and has strong christian values was mobbed during his freshman year by the students of my school. He received hate mail and was frequently jeered at on the campus. This happened for four years ( I was a freshman two years after the incident). The reason for this is because he expressed his religious views meaning he was pro-life, anti-gay marriage and other views. This has shaken me a little. Not only was he (still is) a good friend but no one talked about the incident until a meeting to increase diversity on campus...this year after he has graduated. I had always felt a little like I wasn't wanted on the campus sometimes but now I'm really understanding what the animosity was about. I am christian and I read the bible. The majority of students don't like either. I am studying abroad now and will have to return in the summer and well I'm wondering what will be the best plan of action. I will always pray and no God will always be with me. I also know that this trial is just a test and that I am getting closer in my relationship with God. I guess the statement of a student basically being assaulted because of religious views is really daunting at times and the school is really charged as being pro-gay marriage...which I am against. So what should I do? Be quiet and keep my head down?

Fast and Pray!

Use Isaiah 58 as a guide.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  3

It isn't pleasant not being liked because of the cause of Christ...and when we are so radically changed because of Hearing what He did for us...It doesn't make sense that someone wouldn't want this way of life...My my...My alternative wasn't very promising...I almost died without Him...so for me the persecution is pretty trivial...We Can Come Boldly To The Throne of Grace...

What is so amazing is: Persecution doesn't even have to be at school...or another unbelieving country...Of course I Pray For These...but persecution exists right in our own homes and families...

Do not be conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind...

Until I went about Seeking The Lord with Everything In me...I wasn't strong enough to withstand the persecution...and really (just being honest) in my very beginnings, I walked around with a chip on my shoulder-I remember telling this one lady-that I had just had a powerful spiritual experience with God...She didn't care one iota about that...so until I kinda matured and believe me I've got a long way to go running this race...

But now it's different...Now We (God and I) Have A Relationship: If I Go About Doing My Father's Business, He Makes It His Business To Take Care of me...If someone just disses me or I die because of my beliefs...That's ok...I'm ready to go to Heaven but they aren't...They need God's Word...It's God and His Word...Jesus Is The Word...It's God That Draws People To Himself-anyway...We just try to do as Jesus did...Going about His Father's Business...See I don't fear much anymore...Eventually one way or the other, I will be With Who I Have So Desired To Be With For Many Years...I'm on the other side now...The Bright Side...Hahaha...His Name Is Jesus...And I Love Him...And Need Him...

Above all...I knew there was a reason this took me so long...If I deny Jesus...He will deny me before The Father...Ok...I may not be denying Him outright but just not bringing Him up and trying to hide...ummmm....Where is that verse? Oh yes...

2 Timothy 2:12 If we endure, We shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us.

We grow gradually...so don't be so hard on yourself...if God be for us who can be against us? Romans 8:31

I don't know why all of a sudden the scriptures just keep coming...One of my favorite parts of the Bible is explaining the different battles that we have and how God helps us...one of these is:

2 Chronicles 20:4) So Judah gathered together to ask help from the Lord; and from all the cities of Judah they came to seek the Lord.

verse :12) O our God, will You not judge them? For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes are upon You...

verse :15)-the last part of it-Do not be afraid nor dismayed because of this great multitude for the battle is not yours, but God's.

Whew...Reading and studying The Bible Helps Us Overcome All That We Face...Thank You Jesus For Everything You Have Done...Are Doing...And Are Going To Do...Please Help Revolutionist In His Every Endeavor...In The Name of Jesus, I Pray...