IGNORED

Guns, gun control, violence, statistics, U.S. vs U.K.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I live in NY and as far as I know we have pretty strict gun laws, at least when it comes to hand guns. What's more I live on Long Island and as far as I know, very few people have any kinds of guns. When I was younger I wanted a gun, but then I realized I have no use for it. I also came to believe that if you carry a hand gun there's a high chance you might use it. Once I became a Christian, all ideas of getting a hand gun went away, because we aren't supposed to kill anyone. And in my whole long life of living around here, there was never a time when I needed one. However, there were a few times in my life when someone else made me so angry that if I had a hand gun I very probably would have shot the person. Nevertheless, I am not in favor of banning guns. Especially for people who live in areas where wild animals still roam around. I've learned more things about the different areas of America than I ever knew.

To own any kind o0f gun where I live is mostly just an expensive hobby. There are very few areas where you can fire it, and I like it that way. I had 1 friend who owns over 12 guns, mostly rifles, but also a few hand guns. That's his only hobby so I guess he can afford it. But what I like is he keeps all this guns locked up in a fire proof safe that would be extremely hard to break into.

This is what I think the rest of the country should do. Force gun owners to lock them up, unless they need them for protection against wild animals.

I also believe the scripture that says if you live by the sword you will die by the sword. So if almost everyone was to start carrying hand guns, I think more people will start to die from those hand guns.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Actually, if more people are carrying, violence tends to go down. Just going to point that out. And the Bible doesn't say thou shalt not kill-thats actually a mistranslation, the hebrew word for kill translates better into murder, and there is a difference-the Bible lists when you can use a gun to protect oneself, and when not to.

Its a personal decision we all do, have to come to however. I do carry a handgun, Ive never been tempted to use one against another human, and nor will I ever, unless someone threatens me or my family and friends, or I happen to be somewhere. I believe we are called to preserve life-if my using my gun, will preserve the life of innocent people, I will use it. And I am against any form of gun control-even forcing us to keep the guns locked away. Its none of the governments business whether I own a gun or not, and while i do keep my guns locked up, its none of the governments business where or how I keep them locked up.

Yes of course and to be consistent occasionally I can get into USA gun violence when Americans incorrectly cite Australian statistics :)

Thank You Beloved

Your Encouragement Is Appreciated

And Speaking Of US Gun Violence, The US Navy Is Doing It's Best (Considering Leadership And Such)

To Help Our Dear Australian Brothers To Defend Their Freedom

From The Foreign Powers Encircling Their Waters

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. 1 Timothy 5:8

~

Remembering The Heroes Of ANZAC

http://www.awm.gov.au/visit/

And This Sailor Boy Solutes The Fighting Men Of Australia

And Their Moms

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Alcohol and/or drug use contributes a lot to gun violence. Just a thought

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting

I have a handgun, and I grew up with firearms in the home. I live in one of the highest crime rate areas in the US, however, I never walked with enough fear in my heart to walk strapped, and the attention it draws is not positive.

The scripture that comes to mind 2 Timothy 1:7, For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind (KJV).

For those that are compelled to protect the innocent by employing the use of firearms, law enforcement is a viable career option.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I dont carry, with the goal of being a hero-I carry, because I want to be prepared. Id just as soon never use a gun. But, if I carry my entire life, and never use it-then its just a little extra weight. Not have it the one time I do need it, however, and its a totally different story. Its called be prepared.

With that being said, theres nothing wrong with going into law enforcement, other then usually, in most situations, they show up after the fact. After the fact, is usually, to late.

Guest ninhao

Yes of course and to be consistent occasionally I can get into USA gun violence when Americans incorrectly cite Australian statistics :)

Thank You Beloved

Your Encouragement Is Appreciated

And Speaking Of US Gun Violence, The US Navy Is Doing It's Best (Considering Leadership And Such)

To Help Our Dear Australian Brothers To Defend Their Freedom

From The Foreign Powers Encircling Their Waters

But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel. 1 Timothy 5:8

~

Remembering The Heroes Of ANZAC

http://www.awm.gov.au/visit/

And This Sailor Boy Solutes The Fighting Men Of Australia

And Their Moms

Nice man of straw there :D