So men and make-up....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

thats just silly, if it looks walks and acts like a duck its a duck.........if the guy is wearing makeup its obvious the devil has stolen his identity

The devil gets far too much credit.

James 1

14 But each one is tempted by his lusts, being drawn away and seduced by them .

15 Then when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin. And sin, when it is fully formed, brings forth death.

Man - I am still waiting for your answer.

I don't see the point. Jesus said not to judge according to appearance. Is there something in that passage that cancels out what Jesus said? Or are you saying that what He said only pertains to that specific incident?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,384
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/22/1996

How do I know he has a twisted mind? Because if he's a man and went to all that trouble to look like a woman, but then was offended when he was referred to as a woman, that's twisted.

There are several possibilities here, as to why he was made up to look female. But since he was made up to look female, why get angry when referred to as female?

I'm thinking that the reason he got upset was because he wasn't trying to look like a woman.

Appearances can be very deceiving.

I'm going to go with JTC on this one in that he was confused/twisted. I'm going to go with it because me mom gave me the simple response of "It is okay. I though he was girl too", and she had been around long enough to know when a guy is just trying to make himself look younger of whatever He had on purple eye-shadow, plum lipstick, waxed eyebrows that are penciled in. He even had liner around his lips! He had on good and smooth foundation and like I said in my previous post neither my mom nor I knew the gender until she saw his name tag. Appearances can be deceiving. I do not know what he was trying to pull but he looked like woman (the proper word now might just be drag).

I am sorry to interupt your discussions here.....but reading through these people use descriptive words such as "lip balm" and "mascera" the most troubling. . . . "Foundation" so my question is what are these? ?? (Obviously make up...but purpose?) Why do even women wear makeup?

Why do even women wear makeup?

I dont wear makeup, but its purpose is to look pretty. Why look pretty? For men. Society has unrealistic expectations for women.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

I am sorry to interupt your discussions here.....but reading through these people use descriptive words such as "lip balm" and "mascera" the most troubling. . . . "Foundation" so my question is what are these? ?? (Obviously make up...but purpose?) Why do even women wear makeup?

Lip balm-colorless(usually) lip moisturizer

Mascara- kind of like an ink. The ink is placed on a brush which is used to "brush" the eyelashes to make them look orderly or curly

Foundation- powder or liquid that matches the skin tone. It is used with fingers or a piece of cotton to cover the face and hide blemishes or uneven skin tones

Concealer- goes over foundation and does a better job at hiding blemishes or to highlight the eyes

Eye shadow- powder that goes over the lid of the eye to make eyes look brighter generally

Bronzer- provide a warm glow

Illuminator- sometimes put over the foundation and concealer to make face appear brighter

Primer- used under the foundation to make face appear smoother and hide large pores when foundation is applied

Lip stain- same as lipstick but generally lasts longer and is more intense in color

They are all used to create an illusion of having smooth, flawless skin or to attract a person's eye from self-perceived flaws. I pretty much think make-up is for the use of trying to look "perfect". It's like a less invasive, more safer version of plastic surgery. The point is the look perfect and hide self-perceived flaws or hide scars/marks. Another reason could be to stand out with bright colors like a turquoise colored lip stick.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

Why do even women wear makeup?

I dont wear makeup, but its purpose is to look pretty. Why look pretty? For men. Society has unrealistic expectations for women.

I feel like in today's super materialistic society their are unrealistic expectations about everything lol.

Lip balm-colorless(usually) lip moisturizer

Mascara- kind of like an ink. The ink is placed on a brush which is used to "brush" the eyelashes to make them look orderly or curly

Foundation- powder or liquid that matches the skin tone. It is used with fingers or a piece of cotton to cover the face and hide blemishes or uneven skin tones

Concealer- goes over foundation and does a better job at hiding blemishes or to highlight the eyes

Eye shadow- powder that goes over the lid of the eye to make eyes look brighter generally

Bronzer- provide a warm glow

Illuminator- sometimes put over the foundation and concealer to make face appear brighter

Primer- used under the foundation to make face appear smoother and hide large pores when foundation is applied

Lip stain- same as lipstick but generally lasts longer and is more intense in color

They are all used to create an illusion of having smooth, flawless skin or to attract a person's eye from self-perceived flaws. I pretty much think make-up is for the use of trying to look "perfect". It's like a less invasive, more safer version of plastic surgery. The point is the look perfect and hide self-perceived flaws or hide scars/marks. Another reason could be to stand out with bright colors like a turquoise colored lip stick.

You know more about make up than I do lol.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

thats just silly, if it looks walks and acts like a duck its a duck.........if the guy is wearing makeup its obvious the devil has stolen his identity

The devil gets far too much credit.

James 1

14 But each one is tempted by his lusts, being drawn away and seduced by them .

15 Then when lust has conceived, it brings forth sin. And sin, when it is fully formed, brings forth death.

Yes!

Blaming the devil without any scriptural support will not stand. It is a common way man tries to pass the buck for their sins onto anyone but them. As jade rightfully points out, sin starts from the evil desires of our hearts. Blame man (not be poster man, but the human person).

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

Do not judge according to appearance.

Really? What do you think of a man with long hair?

I think he's a man with long hair.

That is the best dodge I have seen you make so far. :thumbsup:

I just remember the many discussions we have had where you were so against man having long hair, yet you say we should not judge a man who wears makeup. Really confusing to me what you really believe. Nothing more, nothing less ...

Show me.

For your review ... Your statement here took me by surprise. Like I said, noting more and nothing less.

Is this what you're refering too?

Butero said,

"By the way RunningGator, 1 Corinthians 11:14 says:

Doeth not even nature itself teach you, that if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?"

I said,

"It also says this.

1 Corinthians 11

4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head.

That alone should be reason enough to get a haircut."

What part of that post is an indication of me being "so against man having long hair"?

The link should of brought you back to the very first post in the thread so you could review the whole thread. I apologize that it brought you to the second page. I was not trying to post one specific post.

Allow me to ask you now, if you don't mind. Do you see anything wrong with a man wearing makeup or a man having along hair?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Man - I am still waiting for your answer.

I don't see the point. Jesus said not to judge according to appearance. Is there something in that passage that cancels out what Jesus said? Or are you saying that what He said only pertains to that specific incident?

Again, you are interpreting the verse out of context.

What was Jesus referring to when He said "appearances"? Was He talking about his hair style or His robes?