• Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The Secret Sexual Revolution

By tyler charles

February 20, 2012

A recent study reveals most single Christians are having sex. We undress why.

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/life/relationship/features/28337-the-secret-sexual-revolution

~~~

Comments?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

Dont care if they are getting married later or not. Bible says dont do it. Folks shouldnt have premarital sex. We are called to be apart from the ways of the world, not give into it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  44

The Secret Sexual Revolution

By tyler charles

February 20, 2012

A recent study reveals most single Christians are having sex. We undress why.

http://www.relevantm...xual-revolution

~~~

Comments?

I'm going to have to agree with the author that pregnancies and abortion do not happen without sex.

I found this particular section of the article telling.

Whatever Happened to Abstinence?

Apparently, the concept still exists even if few are following it.

Dr. Jenell Williams Paris, an anthropologist and the author of The End of Sexual Identity: Why Sex Is Too Important to Define Who We Are, says the high rates of premarital sex are a call to the Church to live in reality.

“We need to talk to people as they really live in the world they really live in,” Paris says. “If rates of premarital sex are really that high, but we continue to talk as if the vast majority of people are virgins when they get married, weʼre out of touch. We need to address reality."

And the reality is the numbers arenʼt going down. Of those 80 percent of Christians in the 18-29 age range who have had sex before marriage, 64 percent have done so within the last year and 42 percent are in a current sexual relationship.

According to the Guttmacher Institute, nearly half of all pregnancies in America are unintended. And of those, 40 percent end in abortion. More than 1 million abortions occur in the United States each year. But perhaps the most disturbing statistic for the Church: 65 percent of the women obtaining abortions identify themselves as either Protestant or Catholic (37 percent Protestant and 28 percent Catholic). Thatʼs 650,000 abortions obtained by Christians every year."

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

Keep in mind that anyone can call themselves Christian, they can even sit in church every time the doors are open, but that does not make them a "Christ Like" of Christian.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

Keep in mind that anyone can call themselves Christian, they can even sit in church every time the doors are open, but that does not make them a "Christ Like" of Christian.

I agree. There are people I know who claim to be Christians but have even said they think the Bible is "bad". There are many who will ignore the bible or contort it to make their worldly morals sound correct. I think it can confuse those who have not yet found Christ and thus they cannot gain a full understanding how to follow Christ. Anyway I don't really understand the reason for pre-marital sex and I have chosen to WTM (wait for marriage). All of my friends who do have sex either have been molested before or have really low self-esteem for themselves. They include so much drama in their life from pregnancy scares to STD testing so I can never fully rationalize why pre-marital sex is so cool and necessary. The media does not help either since any who doesn't have sex is just deemed a "loser" or something.It is quite rampant on my college campus though so I guess the lust, pride, greed and all the other deadly sins are strong enforcers for those who are weak to the will of sex.

• Topic Count:  506
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  1,922
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  4

Once one loses his/her virginity they can never offer it to the person they actually marry, which is a factor, IMO, in addition to what the Bible has to say. That is the only part of self that we have to offer our life partner that is not shared with others.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I believe the problem is that teaching and preaching abstinence needs to go beyond: "Don't have sex."

They need to do a better job teaching the problems and consequences of premarital sex and the advantages of waiting.

They also need to present different ways couples can guard themselves against falling into the "oops" moment. For example, as I shared in a different thread, my fiance and I did not kiss on the lips while we were in the "dating/courting" phase of our relationship, and we discovered that in itself was a guard against us caving into temptation to go further. We also were open with each other about what stimulated us and would cease whatever we were doing; thus we guarded each other.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.19
  • Days Won:  115

I believe the problem is that teaching and preaching abstinence needs to go beyond: "Don't have sex."

They need to do a better job teaching the problems and consequences of premarital sex and the advantages of waiting.

They also need to present different ways couples can guard themselves against falling into the "oops" moment. For example, as I shared in a different thread, my fiance and I did not kiss on the lips while we were in the "dating/courting" phase of our relationship, and we discovered that in itself was a guard against us caving into temptation to go further. We also were open with each other about what stimulated us and would cease whatever we were doing; thus we guarded each other.

I strongly agree. I don't think it will happen because it is taught mainly in public schools, and public schools are only the mouthpiece of the social philosophy. The truth cannot be taught if it goes against, or places a shadow upon what they want to teach, which is a theology of little or no morals.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

you do realize its also a heart issue as well people who really seek God out and love Him will take His commands against premartail sex more seriously and not play lets see how far I can go before I am sinning. Its really comes down to a heart attutide because honestly lecturing people to not have sex before marriage doesnt really work. people are gonna do what they are gonna do its sad to say. we can hope to model a Godly life and encourage and influence others in Godly living and pray for them but its gonna be there choice to live in the flesh or the Spirit.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  538
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  2

people seem to forget the most critical fact, what ever seed you feed your mind today, it will bear fruit tomorrow, feed your mind the sexual crap young people do today and its no surprise they are acting out what they fed their minds

TV today is the most corrupt junk you could put into your mind, If they played what they do today on TV when it first came out, Christians would have never bought one, but its much like the frog in the pot, they still don't realize their getting boiled