• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Dear Sion,

Thank you for posting them. I read every one. There were 2 in particular that stood out to me though.

1 Thess. 3:5 (totally contrary to the mindset of today's pastor)

James 5:11 (to be counted as blessed, for enduring!)

In His Love,

Suzanne

Amen Suzanne

Enduring to the end is part of the gospel of Christ.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

If you wouldn't mind sharing this link with others so they can at least

read it for themselves and decide what they want to do with the

information (and maybe plant a garden, etc.), it'd be appreciated.

We're to sound the alarm, so I want to do what I can, but I'd

appreciate your help. The thought of people starving is just awful, as

you know, so help warn them so they can be prepared, while there's

time.

http://www.theamericannightmare.org/FOOD_SUPPLY__AAD.html

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  226
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/15/1954

Have we considered the cost? Do we realize how vital enduring is/will be? We've got to consider the cost NOW! As I studied the following passages, one REALLY stood out:

Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Mr 4:17 - Show Context

And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.

Mr 13:13 - Show Context

And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

2Th 1:4 - Show Context

So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:

2Ti 2:3 - Show Context

Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2Ti 2:10 - Show Context

Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

2Ti 4:3 - Show Context

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:5 - Show Context

But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Heb 12:7 - Show Context

If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Heb 12:20 - Show Context

(For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:

Jas 5:11 - Show Context

Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

1Pe 2:19 - Show Context

For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.

I want to be sure that I do not endure, just for "a time". I want to continually consider the cost and endure for "eternity". This can only be done, if we abide in Christ Jesus, Whose Name is The Word.

Have you considered enduring, and how far it will take you? I am reminded continually of what the Father says to His child..............about enduring.

When we think that our opposition has become great, we are reminded that we have not had to endure the shedding of "our" blood.

Hebrews 12:3 For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.

4 You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

This is my word of encouragement to you.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Romans 14:4 Who art thou that judgest another man

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  635
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Of course no one endures in their own power. This has not even been intimated. Anyone knows that the Christian endures with the Power of God. It is just that some are denying the power of God and thus see no need to endure. It is an armchair, cruise control religion. It is alway God's power working in and through the 'believer'. Since he/she has the power, he/she uses the power to overcome and endure.

2co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Now let see, is Paul taking credit for all these works that he did, or that we do?

2co 6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience (endurance), in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,

6:5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in watchings, in fastings;

6:6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,

6:7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the Armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Only a fool would take credit for his/her own works, all those who endure in the power of God, know that it is not their own power, but His that strengthens them.

Eph 3:20 Now to him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

Believe it or not, God supplies the power and we do the works. When it is God's power working through the believer, then it is not has/her works, but God working through the believer.

Here is Paul speaking to this point:

2co 7:1 Having therefore these promises (the power of the indwelling Christ), dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Yet He also speaks of those who deny the power of God working through man:

2ti 3:4 (they are) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

It is disingenuous at best to infer that the poster here is taking credit for what she is doing through the power of God.

God Bless,

Dennis

:thumbsup:

sorry i got a little messed up with the edit posts

Edited by asper

Of course no one endures in their own power. This has not even been intimated. Anyone knows that the Christian endures with the Power of God. It is just that some are denying the power of God and thus see no need to endure. It is an armchair, cruise control religion. It is alway God's power working in and through the 'believer'. Since he/she has the power, he/she uses the power to overcome and endure.

2co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Now let see, is Paul taking credit for all these works that he did, or that we do?

2co 6:4 But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience (endurance), in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,

6:5 In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in watchings, in fastings;

6:6 By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,

6:7 By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the Armour of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,

Eph 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

1:18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Only a fool would take credit for his/her own works, all those who endure in the power of God, know that it is not their own power, but His that strengthens them.

Eph 3:20 Now to him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,

Believe it or not, God supplies the power and we do the works. When it is God's power working through the believer, then it is not has/her works, but God working through the believer.

Here is Paul speaking to this point:

2co 7:1 Having therefore these promises (the power of the indwelling Christ), dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

Yet He also speaks of those who deny the power of God working through man:

2ti 3:4 (they are) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

It is disingenuous at best to infer that the poster here is taking credit for what she is doing through the power of God.

God Bless,

Dennis

Hi pilgrim7,

Interesting response. But whether she is trusting in herself or trusting in Jesus Christ in her heart is not for me to determine. I cannot see the heart. It seems to me that someone who has their doctrine strait can also be trusting in themselves. In the same way someone who doesn

Edited by asper

notice regeneration.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

it seems to me that the we place our trust in is the one that delivers us.

2 Timothy 1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Edited by asper

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Matthew 24:

11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.

12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Matthew 24:

11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.

12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

In His Love,

Suzanne

Hi tsth,

Mark 4:13 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

14 The sower soweth the word.

15 And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;

17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word

Edited by asper

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

These are amazing stories of endurance that the home churches of China are enduring.

http://www.backtojerusalem.com/

Not only are they enduring but they are also evangelizing in the Muslum/Hindu/Buddist areas between China and Jerusalem, areas that are the least evangelized in the world. Some amazing stories. I'm just reading the book "Back to Jerusalem" from the church library....wow