• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Suzanne,

I agree with you. Ive seen what you suggest work for some. I believe I followed the same instructions but it for some reason really didn't work. I'm not some dark deprived figure. I don't steal, cheat on my wife or do crime. I just know my thought life and it is awful as it has been my whole 42 years. See, I don't even lie that much! I have a dark side. I don't act on it but its there and I think about it. Jesus said your guilty even if you think about it. If prayed and read scriptures over and over but I tell you, It just dosen't stop my mind. Its like my mind is different from my soul if that makes any sence. I would never actually do what my mind fantacises about and I can say that truthfully but its still there which makes me one evil sinner. It scares me. I think Pink Floyd wrote songs about people like me. I do think about Jesus all of the time. I wish that all of the bad stuff in me could be washed away at the cross but as you say, "Endure". I have failed miserably. I have a very serious condition health wise so maybe God will still have grace for me. You really have to fight hard and be in top shape to gain the free gift of salvation as the scriptures were layed out on this post. I do believe the Bible it true. All of it!

God Bless

Dan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dear Dan,

We ALL have a dark side. I'm afraid it's built in, BUT, I still believe that the remedy is there, and it is this:

Titus 3:4 But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared, 5 not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, 6 whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Dan, continue in this. Understand that it is NOT according to YOUR POWER, but JESUS' POWER. But the WORKS still must be maintained by us. You still have to make the freewill choice to take hold of HIM/HIS POWER!!! It is there for you/me.

Dan, take a look around you................look in your home/office.................do you have things in your surroundings that are an open door to evil? Have you cleaned out your house? Clean it out, get rid of whatever that open door is, that is allowing the darkness a foothold. Get it out! Take inventory and purify in belief of the Lord. Do whatever He asks, when He asks. Take hold of Jesus and His Word. Begin every day with a washing of yourself with His Word. Then just listen and believe what you hear!

:thumbsup:

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant to post this the other day and got very sidetracked. It was brought back to mind today. It's interesting, because when I first pulled up the passages, I thought I had pulled up the wrong thing................it sounded like one of the OT Prophetic verses, but it is NT! TAKE HEED.

1 Come now, you rich, weep and howl for your miseries that are coming upon you! 2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are moth-eaten. 3 Your gold and silver are corroded, and their corrosion will be a witness against you and will eat your flesh like fire. You have heaped up treasure in the last days. 4 Indeed the wages of the laborers who mowed your fields, which you kept back by fraud, cry out; and the cries of the reapers have reached the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth. 5 You have lived on the earth in pleasure and luxury; you have fattened your hearts as in a day of slaughter. 6 You have condemned, you have murdered the just; he does not resist you. 7 Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. 8 You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. 9 Do not grumble against one another, brethren, lest you be condemned. Behold, the Judge is standing at the door! 10 My brethren, take the prophets, who spoke in the name of the Lord, as an example of suffering and patience. 11 Indeed we count them blessed who endure. You have heard of the perseverance of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord--that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

Dan, take a look around you................look in your home/office.................do you have things in your surroundings that are an open door to evil? Have you cleaned out your house? Clean it out, get rid of whatever that open door is, that is allowing the darkness a foothold. Get it out! Take inventory and purify in belief of the Lord. Do whatever He asks, when He asks. Take hold of Jesus and His Word. Begin every day with a washing of yourself with His Word. Then just listen and believe what you hear!

Its strange with me. Its not really my surroundings as much as it is locked in my head. Always has been. Since I was a little boy Ive known that certain things about me are out of step with God. Things can happen when your young that leave an imprint.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/15/1982

I always thought I was weird to, when I KNEW I was going to hell, but didn't care, then I was baptised, and I study the Book all the time now, and even though I'm pretty sure I'm doin better than most, I now know how unworthy I am of His grace, and trying to live up to that is frustrating. I read in Romans, not sure where, that its all good if you mean well, that it is sin acting through us, and its human nature to not be able to help it, as long as you realize that you are in the wrong and pray for forgiveness, you're doin good, the price is paid, but we have to humble ourselves and beg for forgiveness, and that God will harden our immunity to sin, and make it less likely to prey on our soul. Make sense.

crabs

• Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

I'm weird too. My wife, kids and mother all know this. Only the very very few that endure earn Heaven. Only a handfull Im afraid. I would like to here from some endurers. How long have you been enduring? How did you release yourself from sin? Ive read the Bible cover to cover 4 times now. I know that God is Holy beyond our understanding. So much so that to merely look upon his face would kill us.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

What we must ask ourselves is What does it mean to endure?

Peter gives us the answer.......

.2 Peter 1:3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. 8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

10Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, 11and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

So many are caught up in saying a little prayer and expecting a huge change........then when they don't get it, they feel as though they are either rejected or just can't endure. Peter gives us good news and directions on how we are to endure.

Notice in verse 5 he says "make every effort". Let's start there. Are we making EVERY effort? Are we making any effort? How bad do we want God and what he has for us? Many times I have had problems with this mind of mine. Finally after years of suffering God showed me this. So now am I willing to do what it takes?

add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

These are things we should practice daily....faith.......goodness........knowledge...self control.......perseverance.......godliness.....brotherly kindness.......love.

So how do we get these? " through our knowledge of him"

We are in battle. There is this flesh that wages war against our souls...dig in!!

Dig into the Word of God with great diligence......making every effort.

If we rest on our own power, we will feel defeated and be defeated but if we trust in "His divine power " we will overcome.

Stand up and be all you have been called to be. You can do it!!!!!!!!

In his love,

Brian

Dig into the Word of God with great diligence......making every effort.

If we rest on our own power, we will feel defeated and be defeated but if we trust in "His divine power " we will overcome.

Stand up and be all you have been called to be. You can do it!!!!!!!!

In his love,

Brian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wonderfully stated Brian!

Amen and Amen!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

John 6:64 But there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.

65 And He said, "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."

66 From that time many of His disciples went back and walked with Him no more. 67 Then Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you also want to go away?"

68 But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.

All those that do not endure never got that point....there is no where else but Jesus. He is all in all!

....there is no where else but Jesus. He is all in all!

Absolutely!

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.04