ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Here is my disclaimer about sources used and how I study.

I read a chapter then I go over it verse by verse. I read through commentaries etc to glean background information, rejecting what does not seem correct and keeping what does. I mix it up, add some of my own thoughts, interspersed with paragraphs from the commentaries. The commentaries and all my notes are what I post with each verse. For copyright purposes, I use the KJV since it is not copyrighted in the US, and for posting publicly, I use commentaries whose copyrights are open. When reading my study/ studies, I encourage you to use whichever version of the bible you are most comfortable with. I used the following commentaries: John Wesley's Explanatory Notes; Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge; Spurgeon's A Treasury of David; Jamieson, Fausset and Brown Commentary; Keil and Delitzsch Commentary on the Old Testament; Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary; Albert Barnes Notes on the Bible; Adam Clarke's Commentary on the Bible; John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible and Strong's Concordance. I have read modern commentaries but have not posted from them in my public studies.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

!

Thanks for posting this beautiful psalm, I took my Bible and Bible commentary (William MacDonalds and read Psalm 99.

The Lord is Holy ,great in power and magnificence as He rule from His throne in Zion.!

He is the exalted Ruler over all the people on earth!

God answered the prayers from Jacob, Moses Aaron and Samuel He communicated with them in a pillar of cloud and gave them the law in Mt Sinai to obey His voice.

God answered their prayers and assured that He will continue to do so now.

He was the God -who -forgives through He didn't overlook their evil deeds.They called upon the Lord and were saved,and whosoever will call upon Him now will also be saved!

Vs :3 The Lord is Holy let them praise Your great and awesome name!

Vs:5: Exalt the Lord your God and worship at His footstool For He is Holy.

vs:9: Exalt the Lord our God and worship at this Holy hill,for the Lord our God is Holy.

Holy Holy Holy ,Lord God almighty!

Early in the morning my song shall rise to thee,Holy,Holy,Holy ,Merciful and mighty!

God in three persons ,Blessed trinity.

Now I'm going to read the chapter once more and then its chores time...cleaning! :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

ayin Jade

Can you share what motivated you to study this particular Psalm ?

Ive been going through the psalms 1 by 1. There wasnt any particular motivation recently for me, but it was already set up for me to study. I do not recall why I initially chose this one when I set it up to study. I take the verses and post all the commentary to it in microsoft word. Then read through everything and eliminate what I dont agree with and keep what I do agree with. Add things I get insight on as I read. Etc. The end result is my final notes which I post here.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Ive been going through the psalms 1 by 1. There wasnt any particular motivation recently for me, but it was already set up for me to study. I do not recall why I initially chose this one when I set it up to study. I take the verses and post all the commentary to it in microsoft word. Then read through everything and eliminate what I dont agree with and keep what I do agree with. Add things I get insight on as I read. Etc. The end result is my final notes which I post here.

Care to share any insight?

Pretty much all of the above notes sums it up for me.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Thank you for this study, jady. It is a real blesing to meditate on exactly Who God is and all that He has done for His people. This is so much of what is contained in the Psalms.