IGNORED

Gay Christians who choose celibacy.....

MorningGlory

Guest shiloh357

They need to get in line with Scripture and view their sin the way God does.

The way that God views their 'sin' may not necessarily be the same as the way that you view it.

God calls it an abomination. I line my views up with God's. He is very explicit and spells out exactly what He thinks about it.

Guest shiloh357

I am curious Shilo since you used the term abomination you are referring to Leviticus.

What are your views on Christians who attend crawfish festivals?

There are two words in Hebrew used in Leviticus that are translated abomination. English does a poor job of distinguishing between the two.

In reference to unclean animals, the word used is "shekhets" and it refers to what is ritually or ceremonially impure/unclean. In reference to homosexual activity in Lev. 18:22, the word employed is "toevah" (to-ay-vah). This word refers to what God considers contemptible and disgusting. So there are two different words being employed.

Where as homosexuality is condemned in no uncertain terms in both Old and New Testaments, the eating of unclean animals was a commandment given only to Israel and belongs strictly to the Old Testament economy. Christians are free to eat crawfish, pepperoni pizza, hot dogs, pulled pork, catfish, and anything else that would have been considered unclean under the Old Testament economy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

In Leviticus if a man lay with another they were to be killed. In Romans it says that men/women who left the natural use their body and lusted for another man/woman and receive the penalty of their error which was due - God gve them over to their debased mind but then connected that to sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness, full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil mindedness whisperers, backbiters, haters of God violent, proud boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful, .. and those who practice such are deserving of death... whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself, for you who judge practice the same things.

Yet God in His infinite mercy forgives us - what a great God we serve for non of us is worthy of His unmerited grace and forgiveness shown to us. Of which are we guilty when we judge another?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  264
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

God calls it an abomination. I line my views up with God's. He is very explicit and spells out exactly what He thinks about it.

God calls homosexual acts an abomination. God never explicitly refers to homosexual feelings in the entire Bible.

doubting_tommy, on 30 May 2013 - 08:23, said:

God calls homosexual acts an abomination. God never explicitly refers to homosexual feelings in the entire Bible....

~

Feelings

Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Matthew 5:27-28

Feelings

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. Matthew 5:29

And The Truth

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

Of The Matter

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

You

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:16-18

See?

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. John 3:19-20

~

Believe

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

And Be Blessed Beloved

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: John 1:10-12

Love, Joe

What does it mean to lust after someone? Is it merely to find them attractive?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,372
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

What does it mean to lust after someone? Is it merely to find them attractive?

It is an ugly selfish inward desire to consume what ever the resource without giving anything in return... the end of the road of this pure psychopathy! Where all things exist for only the pleasure of self without any regard for anything outside of self... self folded into self is the ultimate darkness of the lost state!  Love, Steven

That doesn't sound like what people experience when they find other people attractive. 

That doesn't sound like what people experience when they find other people attractive.

~

Lust Is The Intention To Enslave Or To Chain Another To Ones Unloving Demands

And Amnon said unto Tamar, Bring the meat into the chamber, that I may eat of thine hand. And Tamar took the cakes which she had made, and brought them into the chamber to Amnon her brother. And when she had brought them unto him to eat, he took hold of her, and said unto her, Come lie with me, my sister.

And she answered him, Nay, my brother, do not force me; for no such thing ought to be done in Israel: do not thou this folly. And I, whither shall I cause my shame to go? and as for thee, thou shalt be as one of the fools in Israel. Now therefore, I pray thee, speak unto the king; for he will not withhold me from thee.

Howbeit he would not hearken unto her voice: but, being stronger than she, forced her, and lay with her.

Then Amnon hated her exceedingly; so that the hatred wherewith he hated her was greater than the love wherewith he had loved her. And Amnon said unto her, Arise, be gone. And she said unto him, There is no cause: this evil in sending me away is greater than the other that thou didst unto me. But he would not hearken unto her.

Then he called his servant that ministered unto him, and said, Put now this woman out from me, and bolt the door after her. 2 Samuel 13:10-17

Love Is The Intention To Free Or To Unchain Another To Allow Love To Grow And Mature

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Guest shiloh357

God calls homosexual acts an abomination. God never explicitly refers to homosexual feelings in the entire Bible.

The Bible teaches us that the desire to sin is where sin actually begins.  The Bible, in Matt. 5:21, 21 and Matt. 5;27-28 teaches us that lust is equal to adultery even if you don't carry it out.  It teaches that hate is equivalent to murder even before you commit the act. 

The Bible provides us a set behavioral paradigms that allow us to see how God would view issues that are not directly addressed in Scripture.   So we know that God views sin as beginning with the desire to sin, and not merely with committing the act.  He has established that paradigm for us in Scripture and so we can apply that paradigm to homosexuality and deduce that if God considers the actual physical act of homosexual sex to be a sin, He would also consider the desire from which the act springs, to be a sin as well.