MorningGlory

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

Golden Eagle your right they have not isolated the gay gene yet. Our genome is a big and complex thing and we cant expect immediate results. We have found some interesting stuff though on the matter for example scientists have isolated a set of genes related to alcoholism. Of course nature can influence our genes and our genes do make switches as a result to environmental stimuli this further complicates the issue on sexual orientation. It will only be a matter of time before orientation is isolated and with gene switch research it is only a matter of time before you will be able to decide the orientation of your child. Now this brings up an interesting question. If we can control orientation at birth would this eliminate homosexuality? After all how many parents if they could would want to prevent their kids from an undo burden after all being homosexual is not exactly easy socially speaking. Also it begs the question is it morally right to do this? Right now we have the technology to decide gender however it is frowned upon socially speaking in the medical community and there is also a whole host of legal issues surrounding this. But if you live in California and don't mind spending between $25,000-$75,000 you can choose the gender of your child and I think even eye color.

Seriously though gene switch technology is going to revolutionize the medical world. Being able to manipulate our genes is the pinnacle of health. You could eliminate any number of genetic disorders and issues

cancer

adhd

bi-polar

etc.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

So, do I understand that all sin is forgiven but not that of the homosexual who has determined to not take part in the act? I thought there was only "one"sin that was unpardonable. We appear to be keeping those who may have that tendency from even asking for forgiveness for his/her sin by saying that they will not be forgiven - so forget it. I think God is far more forgiving than we are. I would be sorely grieved if God judged my sin as harshly as we appear to be judging them

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,361
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

So, do I understand that all sin is forgiven but not that of the homosexual who has determined to not take part in the act? I thought there was only "one"sin that was unpardonable. We appear to be keeping those who may have that tendency from even asking for forgiveness for his/her sin by saying that they will not be forgiven - so forget it. I think God is far more forgiving than we are. I would be sorely grieved if God judged my sin as harshly as we appear to be judging them

No sin has been made acceptable by God ... any violator of one sin is guilty of all sins Ja 2:10! God has not justified sin but the sinner

by the granting of repentance (which is a turning from sin), given a new birth (so that we see as God see's about sin), and a new desire

to be holy like God 'IS' Holy... God will eternally torture sinners for their choice to remain in their sins! I believe that is as harsh as it gets...

Love, Steven

Say What?

What shall we say then?

Shall we continue in sin,

that grace may abound?

God forbid.

How shall we,

that are dead to sin,

live any longer therein? Romans 6:1-2

.... they have not isolated the gay gene yet. Our genome is a big and complex thing and we can't expect immediate results. We have found some interesting stuff though on the matter for example scientists have isolated a set of genes related to alcoholism....

~

Sin

But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death. Proverbs 8:36

Not Genes

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Psalms 17:9

Causes The Woes Of Mankind

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:22

~

Have You Not Heard?

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Jesus Saves~!

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 4:11

~

Believed And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  2

call it what ever you want fresno there are some diseases that are genetic you can observe this if you want. You don't have to take my word for it.

What does it mean to lust after someone? Is it merely to find them attractive?

How many posters on these threads have never been guilty of lust?

~

How

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Many

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

On This Thread

These six things doth the LORD hate:

yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

A proud look,

a lying tongue,

and hands that shed innocent blood,

An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations,

feet that be swift in running to mischief,

A false witness that speaketh lies,

and he that soweth discord among brethren. Proverbs 6:16-19

Are Guilty Of Calling God A Liar?

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

Hum...

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. Deuteronomy 4:2

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

God condemns homosexuality and will condemn homosexuals. Bible. His word is clear on that, so no manner of song and dance---or large, bolded font will change it.

God does not condemn the homosexuality in the Bible. He condemns inhumanity, lacking sympathy and the avoidance at turning of God to heathen gods. This gets clear if one reads the context.

Yes, God does condemn homosexuality as an abomination. One of many sins, but a nasty perversion that He needed to mention. Sexual purity is the context.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

wow! are we missing the Lord's word in regards to homosexuality? does He say any where.... if you abstain you will be saved? sadly as it may sound; it does not say it anywhere. Our Savior is so clear and we are so vague trying to accommodate His word to our life style as suppose to adhere to His word to better our life style. I am guilty of that myself. There is only one way to heaven through our Lord Jesus Christ. Someone on this post said that if someone would abstain that good for them that they deserve their salvation... my dear people nobody and I say nobody deserves to be saved. We who are saved are so exclusively because of an amazing grace and mercy. Praise and honor and power be Yours Father forever and ever amen.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

wow! are we missing the Lord's word in regards to homosexuality? does He say any where.... if you abstain you will be saved? sadly as it may sound; it does not say it anywhere. Our Savior is so clear and we are so vague trying to accommodate His word to our life style as suppose to adhere to His word to better our life style. I am guilty of that myself. There is only one way to heaven through our Lord Jesus Christ. Someone on this post said that if someone would abstain that good for them that they deserve their salvation... my dear people nobody and I say nobody deserves to be saved. We who are saved are so exclusively because of an amazing grace and mercy. Praise and honor and power be Yours Father forever and ever amen.

AMEN!