IGNORED

What Do Non-Christians Really Think Of Us??

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,398
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Lol, well, I prefer to understand the Word with my spirit, and look outward for, and mani~fest, it in this world, as I have been commanded; but this is not about me, either. My resources might be hidden from you Steve; but a simple "fruits" test reveals...everything. How did you become convinced that God limited Himself to expression Scripturally? God is everywhere, as are His expressions. One could hardly do better, in America at least, than follow their dog.

It is very simply taught of my Lord:

John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

NKJV

John 1:1-5

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the

beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness

did not comprehend it.

NKJV

John 1:14-18

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten

of the Father, full of grace and truth. 15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, "This was He of whom

I said, 'He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.'" 16 And of His fullness we have

all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through

Jesus Christ. 18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father,

He has declared Him.

NKJV

Verse 17 'IS' the Word of God OT and NT... and verse 18 'IS' the only way to know God!   Love, Steven

And have you perceived some rebuttal of these verses, Steve? Are you confident that you have truly seen Christ, in all His glory?

Wadr, your references to your own...personal...Jesus...are a little beyond my experience. Not "...our Lord?"

The Lord says I will not see Him in all His Glory till death or rapture... I am awaiting either of which He chooses for me

with anticipation of eagerness!  Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

A big amen; I agree to all of that. The problem comes when we seek to limit Christ to our lexicon of Him, and to hell with everyone else. Iow, "they don't say it like we do, so they are going to hell." The fruit of a personal, non-navel-gazing relationship with Christ will demonstrate Grace to all, regardless of their scent or appearance, without spouting Scripture at them; by fulfilling their needs, as a matter of course. Jesus is an icon, at best, to many who will say Lord, Lord here.

I surely don't mean anything different than what Steven or you are understanding; I have just sought a different lexicon, on purpose, to force...you, in this case, to think outside the furrows that our culture hakes into our minds. Everything I have said is Scripture translated; it is just more difficult to understand from a western perspective, raised in a spiritual graveyard. These issues disappear when speaking with an Eastern Christian, and now I know why.

Nicely worded, my friend, but you didn't SAY anything. Why not tell the rest of us 'WHY'?  Why are we, in the west, in a spiritual graveyard?  What secret of understanding do you believe you have that the rest of us do not?  To me, it's simple.  You read Scripture and understand what it means.  You can't pass on the Gospel without talking about it.  Seriously, I'm having a hard time understanding you.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,398
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

A big amen; I agree to all of that. The problem comes when we seek to limit Christ to our lexicon of Him, and to hell with everyone else. Iow, "they don't say it like we do, so they are going to hell." The fruit of a personal, non-navel-gazing relationship with Christ will demonstrate Grace to all, regardless of their scent or appearance, without spouting Scripture at them; by fulfilling their needs, as a matter of course. Jesus is an icon, at best, to many who will say Lord, Lord here.

I surely don't mean anything different than what Steven or you are understanding; I have just sought a different lexicon, on purpose, to force...you, in this case, to think outside the furrows that our culture hakes into our minds. Everything I have said is Scripture translated; it is just more difficult to understand from a western perspective, raised in a spiritual graveyard. These issues disappear when speaking with an Eastern Christian, and now I know why.

Nicely worded, my friend, but you didn't SAY anything. Why not tell the rest of us 'WHY'?  Why are we, in the west, in a spiritual graveyard?  What secret of understanding do you believe you have that the rest of us do not?  To me, it's simple.  You read Scripture and understand what it means.  You can't pass on the Gospel without talking about it.  Seriously, I'm having a hard time understanding you.

I'm slipping in right here beside my Sister :thumbsup:

:mgbowtie:  @ you, Steven. 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

bbyrd009 is the God of Israel (Yahweh) and the God of Islam (Allah) the same in your opinion?

:mgbowtie:  @ you, Steven. 

Lol, amen. Really, I am a tiny perspective change away. Peace to you guys, and ty for the discussion.

It IS an interesting discussion, and problems in understanding aside, you have done a pretty good job of keeping up your end.  We, as believers, will not always agree on everything but we should ALL express our beliefs.  Change comes about through communication and affirmation strengthens one's faith.   :lightbulb2:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

1 Corinthians 3:1-3 NLT

Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in the Christian life. I had to feed you with milk, not with solid food, because you weren’t ready for anything stronger. And you still aren’t ready, for you are still controlled by your sinful nature. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn’t that prove you are controlled by your sinful nature? Aren’t you living like people of the world?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Perspective:

“Whatever we do, we must not treat the Great Commission like it's the Great Suggestion.” – Charles R. Swindoll

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

It is amazing to me how I can only give what I have...there was a time I didn't have anything on the inside of me except selfishness and many other wonderful "attributes" "of this world"...and at times even now find myself needing the closeness of My Lord and Savior...couldn't even "see" or "feel" how others might feel...The Bible talks about this: we are blind and lost without Christ...and we don't even know it...That was me-a non-Christian...Pride kept me from "needing" anything or anybody especially Christians because in my blind state they were only hypocrites...trying to tell me to: do this and do that...don't do this and don't do that...I didn't understand

Dear brothers and sisters, when I was with you I couldn’t talk to you as I would to spiritual people. I had to talk as though you belonged to this world or as though you were infants in the Christian life. I had to feed you with milk, not with solid food, because you weren’t ready for anything stronger. And you still aren’t ready, for you are still controlled by your sinful nature. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn’t that prove you are controlled by your sinful nature? Aren’t you living like people of the world?

I absolutely love the above verse!!! It is Truth that I have lived...

1 Cor. 1:18 For the message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is The Power of God...

No more is it just "talk" for me...I have been changed from the inside out as the song suggests...and only The Power of God can do that...I am not the same as I was...No longer are "Christians" hypocritical...I faced life or death and found LIFE...In Christ...It's not a game...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It is amazing to me how I can only give what I have...there was a time I didn't have anything on the inside of me except selfishness and many other wonderful "attributes" "of this world"...and at times even now find myself needing the closeness of My Lord and Savior...couldn't even "see" or "feel" how others might feel...The Bible talks about this: we are blind and lost without Christ...and we don't even know it...That was me-a non-Christian...Pride kept me from "needing" anything or anybody especially Christians because in my blind state they were only hypocrites...trying to tell me to: do this and do that...don't do this and don't do that...I didn't understand

I absolutely love the above verse!!! It is Truth that I have lived...

1 Cor. 1:18 For the message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is The Power of God...

No more is it just "talk" for me...I have been changed from the inside out as the song suggests...and only The Power of God can do that...I am not the same as I was...No longer are "Christians" hypocritical...I faced life or death and found LIFE...In Christ...It's not a game...

God bless you!

God_Bless_Charm.gif