IGNORED

Are Christians the most tolerant religious group in the world?

wonby1

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

The Repubs will never jettison abortion, it is their number one vote getter.

As for the rest of you post, I wish it were true, but the last election showed us that we still have lots and lots of people that are going to vote Repub when the only two choices are Repub and Dem.

You know, positively, who Conservatives are voting for?  Not Republicans, Conservatives, because the two are not the same.  You have inside information?

I know pretty much that Conservatives are not voting for Dems, and since less than 3% of all voters went 3rd party, that pretty much limits who the Cons were voting for.

I know that according to exit polls Conservatives voted at better than an 80% clip for Romney.

If you would like to suggest that Conservatives voted for Obama in large numbers I would like to hear it.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

I know pretty much that Conservatives are not voting for Dems, and since less than 3% of all voters went 3rd party, that pretty much limits who the Cons were voting for.

I know that according to exit polls Conservatives voted at better than an 80% clip for Romney.

If you would like to suggest that Conservatives voted for Obama in large numbers I would like to hear it.

I'd have to see who took those exit polls because polls are notoriously unreliable and the resulting data rests largely on who takes the polls.

Conservatives would not vote for Obama if he was running for local dog catcher.  Conservatives knew exactly what he was before he even won the nomination.

The polls from different agencies/groups have roughly the same numbers, this does not happen by mistake. 

And of course conservatives would not vote for Obama, which is why we know that they voted for the Republican, which is what I have said all along.  Lots of conservatives talk about not voting for the Repubs, but when the time comes they will always go back to the GOP.

Edited by JDavis

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Looking at the US, the majority of people in the US identify themselves as Christian, however, these same people keep electing representatives who oppose Christian social issues like abortion, gay marriage, and prayer in schools etc.  

Can we then say that Christians in the US are the most tolerant people on earth, or are they just indifferent?

I do not believe all who call themselves Christians are actually born again, which makes a big difference.

But, there are many issues which can be seen as important to Christians. Some of these issues are emphasized in the Republican party and some are emphasized by the Democratic party.

James 1:27

Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

The Democratic party is seen as offering more to widows, orphans, the poor, the elderly. These are things Christians should care about. So some view the Democratic party as supporting what Christians should care about.

The Nazis also distributed money to the poor.  In fact, they were the most progressive country in the world as they taxed the top 4% at around 50% of their earnings.  They used this money to throw at their base so that their wickedness would go unchecked.  Essentially, they bought everyone off.

I see this today with the DNC as well as the RNC.  No amount of money given to me or the poor can cause me to vote for genocide.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Looking at the US, the majority of people in the US identify themselves as Christian, however, these same people keep electing representatives who oppose Christian social issues like abortion, gay marriage, and prayer in schools etc.  

Can we then say that Christians in the US are the most tolerant people on earth, or are they just indifferent?

I do not believe all who call themselves Christians are actually born again, which makes a big difference.

But, there are many issues which can be seen as important to Christians. Some of these issues are emphasized in the Republican party and some are emphasized by the Democratic party.

Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

The Democratic party is seen as offering more to widows, orphans, the poor, the elderly. These are things Christians should care about. So some view the Democratic party as supporting what Christians should care about.

The Nazis also distributed money to the poor.  In fact, they were the most progressive country in the world as they taxed the top 4% at around 50% of their earnings.  They used this money to throw at their base so that their wickedness would go unchecked.  Essentially, they bought everyone off.

I see this today with the DNC as well as the RNC.  No amount of money given to me or the poor can cause me to vote for genocide.

Again, what the Nazi's did is not to be compared to anyone or any group.

I am disgusted when someone plays the Nazi card unless the person or group referenced are actually Nazis and wholy approve of the Nazi regime.

Adding: To compare those who care for the poor, widows, orphans to Nazis is especially disturbing. That makes many Christians and Jewish people compared to the Nazis. Scripture says we are to care for the poor, widows and orphans, both in the Mosaic law and in the New Covenant. That should be a priority. It is called pure religion.  

If you care so much about abortion, go out with gentleness and love of all people, share the gospel with them. Those who are born from above do not do support abortion. The more born again believers, the fewer abortions.

Edited by Qnts2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I don't see anything wrong with what wonby1 said. He used a reference to Nazi's correctly. That group of people really were socially progressive.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

I don't see anything wrong with what wonby1 said. He used a reference to Nazi's correctly. That group of people really were socially progressive.

When you have had millions of your own people tortured and slaughtered, and then see someone make a trivial comparison of anything to that horrific attrocity, you would understand that you do not make such comparisons for your own agenda, and hurt and horrify a people once again.

It was not a legitimate statement, and I am really sorry you see nothing wrong with it. And I am really sorry you don't see using the Jewish peoples suffering to advance a personal agenda as wrong.

Edited by Qnts2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  188
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

In Jesus Christ's day the majority of the people who called themselves God's people put Him on the cross.

Mt.13:46 "Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it."

And again:

Mt. 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

Therefore it would seem that a christian would have little desire to wrap themselves up in the political activities of this world.

Hello Cobalt

In response to your comment.    

Is the general populace a part of Him?

Voting is the responsible thing to do.

Edited by 2404

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Those Christians don't want other so-called Christians telling them what to think or how to behave - and since  the vast majority of Americans are seeing what the Republicans and their Tea Party masters are doing, more of them will vote Democratic.

For arguments sake, lets say the GOP is bad like you say.  Does this mean we vote for the DNC who advocates murder?

Vote third party or not at all.

Edited by wonby1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

To the OP:

It's one thing to be a 'cultural Christian' and quite another to be a solid, born again child of the living God.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Again, what the Nazi's did is not to be compared to anyone or any group.

I am disgusted when someone plays the Nazi card unless the person or group referenced are actually Nazis and wholy approve of the Nazi regime.

Adding: To compare those who care for the poor, widows, orphans to Nazis is especially disturbing. That makes many Christians and Jewish people compared to the Nazis. Scripture says we are to care for the poor, widows and orphans, both in the Mosaic law and in the New Covenant. That should be a priority. It is called pure religion.  

If you care so much about abortion, go out with gentleness and love of all people, share the gospel with them. Those who are born from above do not do support abortion. The more born again believers, the fewer abortions.

Fully agree. As Christians we have a personal and corporate responsibility to care for the poor. We are not responsible for what Politicians do; all political choices are compromises.