IGNORED

Where will Jesus Christ's 2nd Coming be?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

This will be question 1 of a series.

maybe someone can change the title for me: "Where will Jesus Christ's 2nd Coming be?"

best answer wins!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Zech. 14:4 - In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east ; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.

• Followers:  3
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I agree with Nebula---Jesus will set His feet down on the Mont of Olives.

He will be seen by all! How can that be? The word says that Jesus Christ will come from the east and all eyes will see Him. To me, this means He will come as the sun, arising in the east and traveling across the sky toward the west, across all time zones, so that by the time He gets to Israel, all the world will have laid eyes on Him and either rejoice or be terrorized.

Matthew 24:27

For as the lightning flashes in the east and shines to the west, so it will be when the Son of Man comes.

maybe someone can change the title for me: "Where will Jesus Christ's 2nd Coming be?"

best answer wins!

In our hearts; the physical descriptions are laden with meaning, and are allegorical.

Sorry, but that is not correct. Yes, Jesus lives in us, His followers, but He will physically return---BECAUSE HE SAYS SO. Frankly, I cannot fathom anyone who knows Jesus personally believing that His promises are allegorical. That is lacking His revelation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

on mount of Olives in Jerusalem.

best answer wins!

In our hearts; the physical descriptions are laden with meaning, and are allegorical.

Sorry, but that is not correct. Yes, Jesus lives in us, His followers, but He will physically return---BECAUSE HE SAYS SO. Frankly, I cannot fathom anyone who knows Jesus personally believing that His promises are allegorical. That is lacking His revelation.

Mmm, I get that a lot. Pretty sure, are you? No allusions to any spiritual war in Rev?

Mostly a real blood and guts war, which Jesus Himself wages and emerges victorious and King, Nothing allegorical there.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Nebula is correct

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

best answer wins!

Acts 1

9 And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. 11 They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky ? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."

12 Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey away.

Are you going to claim that this is allegorical as well?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  377
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1

best answer wins!

Mmm, I get that a lot. Pretty sure, are you? No allusions to any spiritual war in Rev?

Much of Revelation is, of course, allegorical. But Jesus will return physically and spiritually to this present earth as King of glory. The when, where and how are largely speculation, but we do know that everyone will know, all at the same time. Sometimes, we humans do have such proud minds, we think we know it all. We don't! God makes sure of that!

Much of Revelation is, of course, allegorical. But Jesus will return physically and spiritually to this present earth as King of glory. The when, where and how are largely speculation, but we do know that everyone will know, all at the same time. Sometimes, we humans do have such proud minds, we think we know it all. We don't! God makes sure of that!

Ha I am content to begin with doubts, myself. I was teethed on your perception here, and find nothing wrong with it,

except that the mythology we have made of all this, the accepted eschatology, is pure fiction. We are going around like lost people, looking for Armageddon, just like they were in Christ's time, some even expecting a free flight out, in the nick of time; those with poor interpretations of Ezekiel 13:18 anyway. We've lost the Sabbath, go to "Sun"rise Ishtar services, and give cross-eyed looks @ prepared bride...arg. 

But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

Not every right-thinking believer goes all gung-ho over eschatology, and doesn't consider anything God's word teaches as fiction.

Perhaps you needed to heed what you cut your teeth on instead of allowing certain beliefs and myths to cloud your own very personally crafted interpretations.