IGNORED

Where will Jesus Christ's 2nd Coming be?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Much of Revelation is, of course, allegorical. But Jesus will return physically and spiritually to this present earth as King of glory. The when, where and how are largely speculation, but we do know that everyone will know, all at the same time. Sometimes, we humans do have such proud minds, we think we know it all. We don't! God makes sure of that!

Ha I am content to begin with doubts, myself. I was teethed on your perception here, and find nothing wrong with it,

except that the mythology we have made of all this, the accepted eschatology, is pure fiction. We are going around like lost people, looking for Armageddon, just like they were in Christ's time, some even expecting a free flight out, in the nick of time; those with poor interpretations of Ezekiel 13:18 anyway. We've lost the Sabbath, go to "Sun"rise Ishtar services, and give cross-eyed looks @ prepared bride...arg. 

But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

Not every right-thinking believer goes all gung-ho over eschatology, and doesn't consider anything God's word teaches as fiction.

Perhaps you needed to heed what you cut your teeth on instead of allowing certain beliefs and myths to cloud your own very personally crafted interpretations.

Well, I'll have to take another look at that, FA, you might be right; I just know that people had all the facts before Christ's first coming, and very few then saw prophecy fulfilled in that time like we do now...some notable magi, from another country, and a couple others...and I never meant fiction, that seems unfair.

Jesus' first advent was for the Jew, first. While all the 'facts' were before them, God caused them to be blinded to the obvious truth that Jesus Himself fulfilled hundreds of scriptural prophecies about Him.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Zech. 14:4 - In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east ; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.

I agree.  And what a glorious day that will be.  I love the Dottie Rambo song that says it all.  "We shall behold Him"  

Zech. 14:4 - In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east ; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.

I agree.  And what a glorious day that will be.  I love the Dottie Rambo song that says it all.  "We shall behold Him"  

Amen!

Jesus' first advent was for the Jew, first. While all the 'facts' were before them, God caused them to be blinded to the obvious truth that Jesus Himself fulfilled hundreds of scriptural prophecies about Him.

Yup; and this was when the church was a central part of every life; well, virtually every life.

The church then could make you or break you. Literally. Eating at a leper's house was a death sentence then,

meted out by the church. How completely deceived are many of the saved now; or substantially or partly deceived?

They had One Scripture; we have 40, many quite obscuring; when's the last time you read I AM against those who teach men to fly to save their souls

@ Ezekiel 13:18-20? etc...but pls take this rhetorically--don't get me started there, lol.

Obv something happens, there in Thessalonians; but if, in reading Revelation, one comes to the conclusion that

no overcoming is required, and Jesus is gonna swoop in and save an unprepared bride from satan in some physical conflict

for the planet, I say Nee.

Do you really understand how the Church was in its beginnings? It appears not.

Every person who receives Christ and His new life within him is an overcomer, and will be called as His Bride when the trumpet sounds for her.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Yup; and this was when the church was a central part of every life; well, virtually every life.

The "church" didn't exist when Jesus walked this earth. I am failing to see how your response fits the comment made.

The church then could make you or break you. Literally. Eating at a leper's house was a death sentence then,

meted out by the church.

When did this happen? 33 A.D.? 40 A.D.? (This is the time frame Floating Axe's comments go back to)

How completely deceived are many of the saved now; or substantially or partly deceived?

They had One Scripture; we have 40, many quite obscuring; when's the last time you read I AM against those who teach men to fly to save their souls

@ Ezekiel 13:18-20? etc...but pls take this rhetorically--don't get me started there, lol.

Obv something happens, there in Thessalonians; but if, in reading Revelation, one comes to the conclusion that

no overcoming is required, and Jesus is gonna swoop in and save an unprepared bride from satan in some physical conflict

Your train of thought is completely derailed. :unsure:

meted out by the church. How completely deceived are many of the saved now; or substantially or partly deceived?

Every person who receives Christ and His new life within him is an overcomer, and will be called as His Bride when the trumpet sounds for her.

Amen--well, except for all the ones who cry Lord, Lord pointlessly, anyway.

And I have only a poor grasp of the church then; that post was from my understanding.

What was incorrect there? Ty

Those exceptions you are referring to are not believers.

I have no idea why you claim the Church "could make you or break you." It is not some sort of outside entity with powers over anyone, like the Catholics believe. We are the Church.

I think I disagree; or define receives.

Amen--well, except for all the ones who cry Lord, Lord pointlessly, anyway.

And I have only a poor grasp of the church then; that post was from my understanding.

What was incorrect there? Ty

Those exceptions you are referring to are not believers.

Yet they might be quite distressed to hear you say that, or discover this.

Of course, practically no one consciously IDs with 'nonbeliever' anyway.

I have no idea why you claim the Church "could make you or break you." It is not some sort of outside entity with powers over anyone, like the Catholics believe. We are the Church.

I meant 'church,' and year 0, sorry.

Well, in year zero there was no problem with the Church or church and what you have expressed about it was not the case, and still isn't.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I vote for your answer.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Bozrah first then the Mount of Olives

Well, in year zero there was no problem with the Church or church and what you have expressed about it was not the case, and still isn't.

Really? Interesting. I was of the impression that eating @ a leper's was cause for stoning,

and many other offenses were too, at the behest of the Est. Also rampant infanticide, cheap life,

heads on poles, etcetc with a similarly...draconian? Est'd church. Like, membership (and alms) required,

strict cleanliness and other codes, minor infractions of the Sabbath = death, etc. Is this not accurate?

The Church of Jesus Christ functions as Jesus did, and as He saw fit to mingle with lepers, so did His followers...to this day. You are now decidedly off topic.