• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

When I covered this case for Worthy News, I only posted up 5 stories until today.  Why?  Because at the very beginning it was "Media" racial baiting and we don't participate in it!  First of all, there was the Al Sharpton bogus narrative that race played a part.  However an FBI report interviewing over 35 people closely connected to Zimmerman found no racist ideology despite what activists were saying!   Then when the media realized that Zimmerman wasn't WHITE -- they made up the term -- WHITE HISPANIC!  Really?  Perhaps they should contact the census bureau cause there's a category of race NOT LISTED -- white hispanic!  Then the NBC edit of the 911 tape --

On the storied Today Show, NBC News told America Zimmerman said this on the 911 call:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

When the truth is that the unedited audio actually went like this:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

Stories we ran on Worthy News -- 

July 10th -- Broward County Sheriff's Office Prepares Zimmerman Verdict Riot Plan - Breitbart

On Monday, the Broward County Sheriff's Office released a video calling on the public not to riot in the wake of the George Zimmerman verdict, expected this week or next in Florida. The Sheriff's Office released a statement explaining that it was "working closely with the Sanford Police Department and other local law enforcement agencies" to coordinate "a response plan in anticipation of the verdict."

May 7th -- 3 NBC employees lose jobs due to Martin reports - AP

Three employees of NBC or an NBC-owned television station have now lost their jobs because of editing changes to a call made to police by George Zimmerman on the night he shot Trayvon Martin.

April 18th -- Trayvon Martin's killer showed signs of injury: neighbors - Reuters

Neighbors of George Zimmerman say he had bandages on his nose and head the day after he shot dead Trayvon Martin, supporting statements by the neighborhood watch volunteer that he was beaten in a confrontation with the black Florida teenager.

April 12th -- George Zimmerman charged with 2nd-degree murder in Trayvon Martin shooting - Fox News

Neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman turned himself in Wednesday to face a charge of second-degree murder after a Florida special prosecutor announced she had concluded that his claims of self defense were not supported in the shooting death of unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin.

April 9th -- NBC News reportedly fires producer of edited George Zimmerman tape - Fox News

NBC News has fired a producer who worked on a 'Today' show segment that featured a heavily edited 911 recording in which George Zimmerman appears to racially profile Trayvon Martin before the teen's shooting, according to The New York Times.

The media is GUILTY of outright lies, distortion, and biased reporting -- and it doesn't take a jury to figure that out!

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Another fact that is missed in this case is the FACT that Zimmerman defended a homeless black guy against the Sanford police.  Did you hear about any of this in the media?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/24/George-Zimmerman-Black-Homeless-Man-Sanford-Police

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/04/zimmerman-demanded-discipline-in-2010-race-related-beating-for-officers-who-investigated-martin-shooting/

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Its entirely possible that she was hearing zimmerman yelling get off get off. She was panicked and may have misheard. Also, being so connected, she may have lied to protect her boyfriend, with his character, I wouldnt be surprised if he chose a girlfriend who was less then reputable. Also keep in mind there is always evidence that they dont release to the public.

So because you eblieve Trayvon is of poor character it's possible the she was of poor character therefore she could be lying. That's a couple logical fallcies of Ad Hominem and Guilt by Association.

Really though, if we're deciding this based on character, George Zimmerman was convicted of Domestic abuse, he claimed that him attacking his ex fiance was to "stop her from attacking him". (Sound familiar?) His cousin just filed a statement saying that he molested her for 13 years.

So you're judging Trayvon based on an assumption of Rachels character based on assumptions about Trayvon... But Zimmerman doesn't get the same treatment?

I am as well,  JDavis.  I believe Zimmerman, while not guilty of murder, is guilty of provoking a confrontation.  Even if the Martin kid was being a typical mouthy teenager he didn't deserve to die for it.  Lives have been devastated and one lost forever here.  But the jury has spoken and we have to respect their verdict.

Zimmerman was jumped and beaten by the kid.  How, exactly, does that translate into provoking a confrontation?  If Zimmerman had been black, and the kid killed was white or Hispanic, the case never would have gone to trial and he probably wouldn't have been charged at all. So your concept of "justice" and my concept of justice are not the same.  You are advocating that an innocent man be held responsible and punished for something that he didn't do.  Would that work for you, if the shoe were on your foot?

I would say that getting out of your car and following Martin could be construed as provoking a confrontation.

There's no law against observing someone you think is suspicious nor even asking them what their intentions are. Doing something legal cannot be considered a provocation.

Rachel testified at the trial that Zimmerman followed Trayvon, that Trayvon asked why Zimmerman was following him, that the headset was knocked from Trayvon's ear, followed by Trayvon shouting "Get off, Get off!"

The evidence seems to suggest that Trayvon was assaulted first, and that he defended himself.

Really, the fact that a broken nose is a justification for shooting someone through the heart, when the person who gave them a broken nose was defending themselves is a shocking disregard for human life by the law.

You can't choose which witness to believe arbitrarily. Another witness, an eye witness, who was an absolute independent observer (he was actually a prosecution witness) said that he came outside and saw martin on top of zimmerman. The burden of proof is on the prosecution in a murder case. Criminal justice is not set up to convict people who may be guilty or are probably guilty, it's set up to convict people who are guilty beyond a reasonable doubt (i.e. who have been proven to be guilty beyond by a mass preponderance of the evidence). There was, clearly, too much conflicting testimony. Nobody claimed a broken nose was a justification for shooting somebody through the heart. An expert witness testified that when the shooting took place the victim was on top of the defendant and was leaned over. In other words he was in a position of superiority. There were gashes on the back of the defendant's head. You painted it as if he shot the victim in retaliation for getting his nose broken. There was plenty of evidence presented that the conflict was still ongoing at the time of the shooting and that damage was still being done to the defendant at the time of the shooting. You are looking past the burden of proof issue here. This is not about whether a person shot another person in malice. This is about whether it was proven that one person shot another person in malice and it simply was not proven. The fact that even prosecution witnesses backed up parts of the defendant's version of events pretty much shows that the burden was too great for the prosecution to meet.

Even if it was not proven, that's why manslaughter was there.

And this is why we have disproportionate force law in Canada. Because getting a punch in the nose is not sufficient justification for killing someone. Regardless of whether a broken American Criminal Justice System conficts someone or not, the killing was still, unjustified, wrong, and hideous. From personal experience... A broken nose is not an excuse to kill someone.

Again you say that Zimmerman did all this over a broken nose-but the fact is the facts don't support this. Zimmerman's injuries were far more extensive then that, and quite frankly doesn't even line up with your story that Zimmerman struck first.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

A friend posted this on Facebook:

~~~

"I work in the media and watched most of the trial live and what has been reported from day one has been nothing but yellow journalism used to inflame emotions. I wish people were aware how much they are being manipulated. A 17 year teen is dead. That's horrible! And a man was tried by the media and the public before he even got in that court room. And now the narrative is that justice was not served. What is justice? Getting what we WANT or impartially looking at the evidence and hearing the case then coming to a conclusion? The first time I heard this story I was ready to hang Zimmerman. When I heard the opening arguments I was sure he was toast. Then something strange happened. I heard the other side. As Proverbs says, one side of an argument sounds right until you hear the other. My whole perspective of the case shifted. I'm going to say it and you can hate me for it - but I do believe justice was served and the RIGHT thing to do is let Zimmerman return to his life and grieve for the tragic loss of Trevon. To further a narrative of outrage and racism is to assume that you have all the facts - you don't. They were never presented in the media. I so wish people were really aware of how much their emotions are being manipulated by this whole thing. I really, really do." - Loren Rosser

BE, was Martin walking down sidewalks are walking in people's yards?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

I am shocked

I'm elated!

I'm curious, did you feel the same way when we learned that Kermit Gosnell was live birthing supposed abortions, who were mostly illegitimate black baby's, and then removing the babies heads with a pair of what amounted to tin snips as they squirmed around crying on the table?

no, that was more a feeling of repulsion

Though I did feel the same when the verdict came out, I was shocked they found him guilty on 1st degree murder.  Resorted just a small bit of faith in mankind.

By the way, since you seem confused here, I am not saying I disagree with the verdict, just that it was not the one I was expecting.

Another question, BE -

What do you make of the all-female jurors who had to ask for clarification on what "manslaughter" meant before coming to a decision?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

There are articles about a black woman, Marissa Alexander, getting 20 years in prison for shooting a gun but not hurting anyone, yet George Zimmerman was acquitted for killing a young man.  It appears as if the law is not being applied equitably in Florida.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/07/14/why-did-marissa-alexander-get-a-20-year-sentence-despite-invoking-stand-your-ground/

Why do you use someone's article describing a case's judgment you should be marching and placarding against?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I am as well,  JDavis.  I believe Zimmerman, while not guilty of murder, is guilty of provoking a confrontation.  Even if the Martin kid was being a typical mouthy teenager he didn't deserve to die for it.  Lives have been devastated and one lost forever here.  But the jury has spoken and we have to respect their verdict.

Zimmerman was jumped and beaten by the kid.  How, exactly, does that translate into provoking a confrontation?  If Zimmerman had been black, and the kid killed was white or Hispanic, the case never would have gone to trial and he probably wouldn't have been charged at all. So your concept of "justice" and my concept of justice are not the same.  You are advocating that an innocent man be held responsible and punished for something that he didn't do.  Would that work for you, if the shoe were on your foot?

I would say that getting out of your car and following Martin could be construed as provoking a confrontation.

There's no law against observing someone you think is suspicious nor even asking them what their intentions are. Doing something legal cannot be considered a provocation.

Rachel testified at the trial that Zimmerman followed Trayvon, that Trayvon asked why Zimmerman was following him, that the headset was knocked from Trayvon's ear, followed by Trayvon shouting "Get off, Get off!"

The evidence seems to suggest that Trayvon was assaulted first, and that he defended himself.

Really, the fact that a broken nose is a justification for shooting someone through the heart, when the person who gave them a broken nose was defending themselves is a shocking disregard for human life by the law.

Did anyone ever think that, as Zimmerman was about to call 911, that Trayvon was telling him to "Get off, get off!" the phone, and that is when he punched George in the face?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

I am shocked

I'm elated!

I'm curious, did you feel the same way when we learned that Kermit Gosnell was live birthing supposed abortions, who were mostly illegitimate black baby's, and then removing the babies heads with a pair of what amounted to tin snips as they squirmed around crying on the table?

no, that was more a feeling of repulsion

Though I did feel the same when the verdict came out, I was shocked they found him guilty on 1st degree murder.  Resorted just a small bit of faith in mankind.

By the way, since you seem confused here, I am not saying I disagree with the verdict, just that it was not the one I was expecting.

What were you expecting? There honestly was a flimsy case presented by the prosecution and as a noted Jurisprudence teacher Alan Dershowitz has noted, "The prosecutor should be brought up on charges of malpractice and be disbarred for even trying to prosecute Zimmerman."

We sincerely have to start taking our brains out and using them in this Nation rather than reacting according to what our emotions or flesh desires. That's not Justice, that's actuallly what leads to mob rule because the Rule of Law begins to be abandoned.