• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

good job posting the link so we all know what your talking about lol. Im assuming were talking about George Zimmerman, and heres a link

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/justice/zimmerman-trial/index.html

I personally think it was the right thing. It would have been easy for that jury to cave to political and public pressure and threats of riots, if for no other reason then to prevent a riot, but they looked at the evidence and did what they thought was right. I applaud the courage of that jury.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

Links from my phone are way too hard

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I feel for you there, when Im on my phone I usually dont even mess with with links lol.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I am shocked

I am as well,  JDavis.  I believe Zimmerman, while not guilty of murder, is guilty of provoking a confrontation.  Even if the Martin kid was being a typical mouthy teenager he didn't deserve to die for it.  Lives have been devastated and one lost forever here.  But the jury has spoken and we have to respect their verdict.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  321
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1957

good job posting the link so we all know what your talking about lol. Im assuming were talking about George Zimmerman, and heres a link

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/justice/zimmerman-trial/index.html

I personally think it was the right thing. It would have been easy for that jury to cave to political and public pressure and threats of riots, if for no other reason then to prevent a riot, but they looked at the evidence and did what they thought was right. I applaud the courage of that jury.

I agree fully...and the thing that all of us need to remember is that no matter how closely we may have followed the trial on TV, we did not see or hear all that the jury did...and the jury decided that Zimmerman was not guilty under Florida law.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Obama statment following Zimmerman verdict.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/14/obama-makes-statement-following-zimmerman-verdict/?hpt=hp_t2

"The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/14/obama-makes-statement-following-zimmerman-verdict/?hpt=hp_t2

"The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin."

I agree with the President's statement but......the federal government, nor the President, should never have weighed in on what was a state issue, subject to Florida law.                         

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am shocked

What's shocking about it, in your opinion?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

...We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. ...

:( Here we go again.