• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

I am going to ask again:

Was Martin walking down sidewalks are walking in people's yards?

What do you make of the all-female jurors who had to ask for clarification on what "manslaughter" meant before coming to a decision?

have you seen a map of  Retreat at Twin Lakes or pictures of the place.   There really are not yards, just lots of grass.  These are townhomes for lack of a better word and the grass behind them is not divided in any way. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The basic fact, without any embellishments, is an innocent young man was killed and the corrupt laws and corrupt judicial system in this country allowed a guilty man to go free.

Walk - why are you convinced that you know more and better than the 6 women jurors who heard all the presented evidence?

In the court of law, a conviction cannot be made when there is reasonable doubt. In this case, there was a lot of reasonable doubt presented to the charges made.

Note that Zimmerman was charged with 2nd degree murder with a leniency towards manslaughter. But the prosecution could not provide rock solid evidence that this was a case of 2nd degree murder. They couldn't even provide what was needed to remove all reasonable doubt that this was manslaughter.

Zimmerman was not put on trial for acting out of line, or getting out of his car. 

There is no corruption of law here in the system here. The corruption of law is a man being judged outside of court by the general public on the grounds of lies and slants presented by the news media (previous posts in this thread have shown you these things).

FWIW, it has been told that Zimmerman bought a gun at the advice of a police officer when his wife was cornered by a snarling dog. He asked the police officer what else could he do as well as calling the authorities if something like this happens again, and time is of the essence. The officer's answer: "Get yourself a gun."

So, Zimmerman, on his way to the grocery store, doing a mundane regular chore, was wearing his gun concealed according to his permit and his right. He wasn't out on some sort of rounds as a member of the neighbourhood watch.

and had he just continued on to Target Martin would still be alive and his life would not be ruined. 

And why do yo believe you know more than the 6 women jurors who heard all the evidence presented in this case?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

FWIW, it has been told that Zimmerman bought a gun at the advice of a police officer when his wife was cornered by a snarling dog. He asked the police officer what else could he do as well as calling the authorities if something like this happens again, and time is of the essence. The officer's answer: "Get yourself a gun."

So, Zimmerman, on his way to the grocery store, doing a mundane regular chore, was wearing his gun concealed according to his permit and his right. He wasn't out on some sort of rounds as a member of the neighbourhood watch.

and had he just continued on to Target Martin would still be alive and his life would not be ruined. 

And why do yo believe you know more than the 6 women jurors who heard all the evidence presented in this case?

Where have I said such a thing?  the fact of the matter is, had Zimmerman after he called the police continued on to Target as he said he was heading, there would have been no altercation, there would have been no shooting.  

Oddly enough at least one juror has come out and said basically the same thing, Zimmerman should never have gotten out of his car. 

I agree with the verdict, but that does not mean that some of the blame for what happened does not fall on Zimmerman, perhaps not legally, but morally it does.

Here is something to consider in why Zimmerman didn't just move along.

~~~

Zimmerman’s Twin Lakes Community Was on Edge Before Trayvon Shooting

by Amy Green Mar 28, 2012 4:45 AM EDT

<snip>

Conversations with several residents, however, suggest that Zimmerman’s calls reflect a wider feeling of concern and distrust in the community. For years, Twin Lakes residents had been on edge—demonstrated by their decision last September to start a neighborhood-watch organization, which was initiated by Zimmerman himself. The burglary of Olivia Bertalan’s home was just one of at least eight reported over the previous 14 months—several of which, neighbors said, involved young black men. On Feb. 26, the odds were stacked against Martin: he was a young black man in a neighborhood that was feeling besieged by crime and blaming it—fairly or not—on people who looked like him.

Three weeks before Martin’s death another Twin Lakes resident arrived home to discover a kitchen window open and a laptop and gold necklaces missing. Two witnesses said they saw a young black man standing nearby, but they did not see the man break into the home, according to a police report. One witness said he believed it was the same man who had stolen his bike. The next day officers responding to a call confronted three black men and one white man on bikes near the neighborhood. The same witnesses identified one of the men as the same man they saw near the burglarized home. The officers found the laptop in the man's backpack.

Last July ... <and so forth>

Full report here

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

I am as well,  JDavis.  I believe Zimmerman, while not guilty of murder, is guilty of provoking a confrontation.  Even if the Martin kid was being a typical mouthy teenager he didn't deserve to die for it.  Lives have been devastated and one lost forever here.  But the jury has spoken and we have to respect their verdict.

Zimmerman was jumped and beaten by the kid.  How, exactly, does that translate into provoking a confrontation?  If Zimmerman had been black, and the kid killed was white or Hispanic, the case never would have gone to trial and he probably wouldn't have been charged at all. So your concept of "justice" and my concept of justice are not the same.  You are advocating that an innocent man be held responsible and punished for something that he didn't do.  Would that work for you, if the shoe were on your foot?

I would say that getting out of your car and following Martin could be construed as provoking a confrontation.

Not necessarily.  Mr. Zimmerman was the neighborhood watchman at the time, and it was reported there were alot of break ins in the neighborhood.  It was also reported to 911 dispatcher by Mr. Zimmerman  that Martin was acting suspicious. I think Mr. Zimmerman was only trying to prevent another possible break-in in the community.  It was also reported that the  dispatcher told Mr. Zimmerman after the call that Mr. Zimmerman did not have to follow Martin.  Mr. Zimmerman, according to my understanding and his testimony was headed back to his car when Martin jumped him from behind and pinned him down.  Had Martin not done this, he would still be alive more.

actually, Mr Zimmerman was not a neighborhood watchman officially, he was a self-appointed neighborhood watchman.   I have been part of an official, police approved neighborhood watch and the Golden Rule of neighborhood watchmen is "you do not carry".      The second rule that you are taught is "do not pursue".  Had Mr Zimmerman been part of an actual neighborhood watch program he would have known these two rules.

we do not know if Martin jumped him or not, that is what Zimmerman says happened.

And you are correct, had Martin not fought with Zimmerman he would still be alive.  And just as true is that had Zimmerman not left his car, Martin would still be alive.

All reports I have read and heard revealed that Mr. Zimmerman was a neighborhood watchman.  I don't know where you are getting "unofficial"?  In any event, he had contact with the police dispatcher on the event, which makes if official, at least from my point of view.  He was concerned about his neighborhood because of all of the break ins and wanted to make it a safer place.  Nothing wrong with that. 

Neighbood's and cities need more dedicated people like Mr. Zimmerman  looking out for one another in my opinion, but because of all of the thugs, many people won't get involved.   

Also, Juror #37 said Martin threw the first punch. 

There is no crime in self-defense, considering the testimony circumstances by Mr. Zimmerman.  Unfortunately, Martin lost his life because  Martin  jumped out of the bushes and brutally attacked Mr. Zimmerman first, unprovoked telling him "Tonight you are going to die."  If I had been on the jury, considering all of the evidence and testimony,  I would have said "not guily" on Mr. Zimmerman's part. 

Suppose Mr. Zimmerman had used a knife or a rock or other weapon, even a fatal blow with a punch,  and it ultimately ended up with the death of Martin? 

It's my opinion that the only reason the Obama Adm. (FBI, Holder) and the media pushed the prosecution of Mr. Zimmerman was because of their own personal political agenda which is about gun control and racism (and they lost big time),  when all Mr. Zimmerman was doing was protecting himself the only way he could at the time Martin was bashing him in the face and bashing Mr. Zimmerman's head into the ground. 

Where have I said such a thing?  the fact of the matter is, had Zimmerman after he called the police continued on to Target as he said he was heading, there would have been no altercation, there would have been no shooting.  

Oddly enough at least one juror has come out and said basically the same thing, Zimmerman should never have gotten out of his car. 

I agree with the verdict, but that does not mean that some of the blame for what happened does not fall on Zimmerman, perhaps not legally, but morally it does.

OK, so what should be done about it?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service

OK, so what should be done about it?

He should have done what actual neighborhood watch groups are trained to do, call the police and let them handle it.    The police do not want the neighborhood watch pursuing or following suspects.   

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The court has spoken. Had it given another verdict it would still have spoken and there would have been those against it's judgement as well.

Courts are all we have to sit in judgement over us while we live here, and thank the Lord that we live in countries where we are offered the option. 

The final judgement is the one I would be worried about....

I am going to ask again:

Was Martin walking down sidewalks are walking in people's yards?

What do you make of the all-female jurors who had to ask for clarification on what "manslaughter" meant before coming to a decision?

have you seen a map of  Retreat at Twin Lakes or pictures of the place.   There really are not yards, just lots of grass.  These are townhomes for lack of a better word and the grass behind them is not divided in any way. 

No, there are sidewalks there - not along the road, but between the buildings.

But the reason I asked this was because we need to have a better understanding of why Zimmerman thought Martin was "acting suspiciously" - or however it was worded.