Diatheosis

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

After spending some time now to bring the gospel to atheists, I was wondering if anyone can share some good research done which 'proves' we are all not nut-cases. I have all the testimony it requires to know God not only exists but actively is seeking to reveal Himself to us, in ways that He sees actually help the cause of kingdom, but that's not enough since most of the people don't know me personally to know it's accountable testimony I give.

So, in addition praying for revelation upon them, I suppose there should be some 'water-proof' study on the subject (like prayer power etc.).

Might be just as good to have some of that listed here for everyone's benefit if such thread does not already exist here.

Although, I am not saying we ought to debate scientifically only, sometimes it might make our side more trustworthy during this material age.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Explain to me exactly what you are asking. :confused:

Does anyone know about any scientific research, focusing on the effects of praying etc.?

Some links here would be nice.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Sorry, not me, I have never bothered to think about it scientifically. Like most Christians I have see and experienced prayers answered so many times that I just accept it as true. An interesting study might be on how our prayers are often answered in a completely different way as to what we "expect".

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

The problem with prayer studies as it relates to outcomes in the medical profession, they do not seperate Christian prayers from those of other religions. So the data isnt consistent in showing that God answers prayer. Or which God, the real living one or the false ones. 

I acknowledged that problem. Though with atheists it's still the secondary issue kind of, I gather. Not really pursuing to promote any new agey treatments here, of couse.

But to even produce some data they would have challenge to debunk, would still be one round for God. The real problem is to find when God is actually involved in such study, I'd still think there probably could be a few just to make a case. But it's not to think we are to 'prove' scientifically Him in general, that's not it works in the long run.

I never needed to go to find that kind of 'evidence' to believe in Him either, it was all too obvious when things began falling together. That's why I need to check the situation after so many years :)

Yet, I am quite sure that no matter how hard core evidence you will come up with, at least publicly the loudest voices never desire to bow before that holy name. I am kind of counting to show some evidence, and give my own testimony which God at some point brings up for them to reflect on when they are alone and separated from hybris of the social identification. We all know those moments are what put us on our knees crying for Him to reveal Himself to us.

That's my plan anyways. Worked on me, why not on someone else as well.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

I do not know about any scientific research on the supernatual effect of praying but I do know that I do not need any kind of research.By Faith I know that God answers my prayers.

Same with me, some people though like to play hard to get, but if we are persistent to a certain point, they'll be a catch ;-) Not going to invest limitlessly my time on this one though. If I get one good research, that's about it. Still refusing to believe, and I let time and God do the rest.

I don't suppose God is up to let Himself to be a subject of study in this sense because He is sovereign after all. But some small indications probably are let into a research. Otherwise, it is by faith that begins to develop out of testimony that has many faces.

The work is ours, results belong to Him who shall be glorified.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

When I read this thread I think of the verse ...

1 Corinthians 1

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the lawyer of this world? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For since, in the wisdom of God, the world by wisdom did not know God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save those who believe.
22 For the Jews ask for a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom;
23 but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block, and to the Greeks foolishness.
24 But to them, the called-out ones, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/13/1974

True evidence can only really be found in the many testimonies of the many saints throughout the world and almost all of our own experiences right here on this site. Like everything else in life, it is what we choose to believe.