IGNORED

Can a someone "claim" to be "Spirit-Filled"...

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

The abortion doctor who was an elder of his church comes to mind.

Well that's interesting. Still though I would like to have a one on one conversation with this person before judging if his faith is true or not. I really don't want to turn this topic into an abortion debate so I will leave it at that.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,792
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

I believe it's not so much a conversation about salvation, but it's about whom we should sit under.  If you sat under the teachings of someone who's opposed to the very Word of God, then you're allowing yourself to sit under a false teacher.  The Scriptures are so clear about the last days.

Matthew 24:11-13  And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.  But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Notice that one of the signs is not only leading people astray -- but LAWLESSNESS abounds!  If you're being led by a Pastor who doesn't believe the Bible to be the guidelines for how we should live our lives -- then you're sitting under a pastor that is disguised as an "angel of light!" but in reality is just a worker of darkness!

2 Corinthians 11:13-15  For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.  So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

so if he or his wife and children, fail to live a good and Godly life he should be removed from his position, as he has failed to meet the biblical criteria for the job as pastor

So....what you are saying is if a pastor has say a son who choose to reject all the teaches he has learn about Christ. Then his father who is the pastor should be removed from the church because his son made his own choice to go his own way by his own free will?  Dang I guess being a pastor is hard when you are responsible for the choices that others make. Be them good or bad.

the bible teaches that if a man can't keep his own family in the flock, he is disqualified for leading a larger body of believers,

in todays Christianity the bible is hardly used as a guidline for such criteria, maybe thats why the church is in such a state apostasy

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I believe it's not so much a conversation about salvation, but it's about whom we should sit under.  If you sat under the teachings of someone who's opposed to the very Word of God, then you're allowing yourself to sit under a false teacher.  The Scriptures are so clear about the last days.

Matthew 24:11-13  And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.  But the one who endures to the end will be saved.

Notice that one of the signs is not only leading people astray -- but LAWLESSNESS abounds!  If you're being led by a Pastor who doesn't believe the Bible to be the guidelines for how we should live our lives -- then you're sitting under a pastor that is disguised as an "angel of light!" but in reality is just a worker of darkness!

2 Corinthians 11:13-15  For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.  So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

lawlessness is the new christianity of today, It is very appealing to those who hear it

Guest Butero

The abortion doctor who was an elder of his church comes to mind.

Well that's interesting. Still though I would like to have a one on one conversation with this person before judging if his faith is true or not. I really don't want to turn this topic into an abortion debate so I will leave it at that.

If this person performs abortions, they can't possibly be saved?  Have you ever seen an aborted baby, even in the first trimester?  If not, I suggest you do a search, and take a look at what this so-called doctor looks at each and every day.  You won't see blobs of tissue.  You will see arms, legs, and a human head.  No Christian could do such a thing.  There isn't even the possibility of ignorance in such cases.  I understand to some degree this fear of being judgmental, but there are certain times where it is obvious someone isn't really a true Christian. 

Guest Butero

so if he or his wife and children, fail to live a good and Godly life he should be removed from his position, as he has failed to meet the biblical criteria for the job as pastor

So....what you are saying is if a pastor has say a son who choose to reject all the teaches he has learn about Christ. Then his father who is the pastor should be removed from the church because his son made his own choice to go his own way by his own free will?  Dang I guess being a pastor is hard when you are responsible for the choices that others make. Be them good or bad.

the bible teaches that if a man can't keep his own family in the flock, he is disqualified for leading a larger body of believers,

in todays Christianity the bible is hardly used as a guidline for such criteria, maybe thats why the church is in such a state apostasy

I believe that it says is that a bishop or deacon must rule his house well?  It doesn't mention qualifications for other offices, and not all Pastors are bishops.  They are in most churches today, but they don't have to be. 

Guest Butero

I completely agree.  You rarely hear any ministers today preaching about specific sins.  When they do, they are attacked as being a "things" preacher.  If they preach on judgment, they are made fun of as a "hell, fire and brimstone" preacher.  What you get in most churches today is a message meant to draw large crowds by telling them to just believe in Jesus, and don't judge others.  Of course, you should also pay your tithes and offerings to the church and attend every service.  Just do that, and you are ok, regardless of how sinful you live.  I was reading the post by Fez about people being in church and getting all excited and calling that being spirit filled, and then leaving the church and living in sin.  I agree with that too.  I know that the Spirit will come upon people as they worship the Lord, and that can lead to things like dancing in the spirit, shouting, speaking in tongues, etc.  At the same time, you can also work yourself up into an emotional frenzy and it be just your emotions.  We should be mindful of God every day, not just on Sunday.

This reminds me of a CD I once saw at a radio station I used to work at.  It was a bluegrass CD with 2 discs.  It was called "Saturday Night & Sunday Morning."  On the one side, there was a picture of a man in a bar smoking a cigarette, drinking liquor and hanging around with women who frequent bars.  On the other side, the man was in church worshipping God.  I was disturbed by the message it was sending, but look how many people there are just like that? 

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,792
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Could this apply to America or Europe today?

Jeremiah 2:7-13  And I brought you into a plentiful land to enjoy its fruits and its good things. But when you came in, you defiled my land and made my heritage an abomination.   The priests did not say, 'Where is the LORD?' Those who handle the law did not know me; the shepherds transgressed against me; the prophets prophesied by Baal and went after things that do not profit.   "Therefore I still contend with you, declares the LORD, and with your children's children I will contend.  For cross to the coasts of Cyprus and see, or send to Kedar and examine with care; see if there has been such a thing.  Has a nation changed its gods, even though they are no gods? But my people have changed their glory for that which does not profit.   Be appalled, O heavens, at this; be shocked, be utterly desolate, declares the LORD,   for my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters, and hewed out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Are you kidding me?Is this actually a Christian's Church's bulletin? Oh....ok I see that it is the Anglican Church.That makes sense now.They are huge advocates for homosexuality.Many pastors are gay.