• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

Hello Worthy, I'm relatively new here and I would like to talk about an issue that I struggle with often. I grew up with a dad who can get angry very quickly and I feel like I have inherited that trait. I am very sensitive so it is easy to set me off. Over the years I've gotten better at not making foolish decisions due to my anger. But I still feel like I have a problem.

In a way its hard to describe, I just feel like no matter how hard I try I just can't avoid getting really angry really fast. What should I do?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Hello Worthy, I'm relatively new here and I would like to talk about an issue that I struggle with often. I grew up with a dad who can get angry very quickly and I feel like I have inherited that trait. I am very sensitive so it is easy to set me off. Over the years I've gotten better at not making foolish decisions due to my anger. But I still feel like I have a problem.

In a way its hard to describe, I just feel like no matter how hard I try I just can't avoid getting really angry really fast. What should I do?

Lay it at the foot of the Cross, Taker.  That is how I overcame my own anger issues (and believe me, they were quite severe).  God can do anything, as you know, and He wil remove this yoke from you if you seek His help. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

Hi Taker , I had heard a good sermon on this not to long ago , one of the step's was too determine the cause of our feelings and clarifying what was behind those feelings like hurt , rejection , offences of other's or an unwanted circumstance in your life , then taking some time out and asking the Lord how he want's us to respond in a situation,, then taking a step to put it away {putting on the full armor of God} and replacing it with hobbies or activity's to work out negative emotion's , then be determined to benefit from it ,  

I'll keep you in prayer 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

Hi Taker,here are a few things that might be of help to you...

http://www.cabajar.com/id25.html

http://www.seekfind.net/TheRefinersFirepoem.html

Taker,i'll be praying for you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

Greetings Taker!

Ephesians is a wonderful book to study when one needs to be aided in the 'How do we?' part of Christianity.  According to the epistle, every Christian is empowered by the Holy Spirit to preform the works of the Christian life but only to the extent which God has given them the measure of the Spirit.  We are pretty powerless in and of ourselves to do anything.  We must turn to God with a desire to have more of Him in us to do for us what we cannot do for ourselves.  We must continually purify our hearts before Him.  We must exercise ourselves unto godliness to stay in the best spiritual condition that we can.  We must take a personal inventory of ourselves daily searching for any kind of selfishness, self-centeredness or other ungodly behavior and when we are wrong promptly admit it.  Wash daily in the water of the Word.

For many anger is rooted in fear.  Something we hold tightly too has been threatened via our insecurity and we become indignant and lash out.  For some they confuse anger with wrath.  Their normal state is actually a state of anger and the slightest thing seems to drive them over the edge.  They mistakenly think that their outbursts of wrath are anger when they in fact walk around angry and discontent regularly.  You may benefit from having an accountability partner or two from within the body of Christ who have had victory in this area and can help you see that which you may not be able too.  Many times they others can help to diffuse another's issue without offense by sharing their own experience with the one who is having trouble.

Do you really want to be rid of your anger?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

If you find yourself on the edge with people all the time, taking things personal, there is a lack of peace which creates conflict, just go back and focus on God. Let Him change how you feel about you. Open your heart and allow Him to minister to your heart. praying for you.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

Thanks guys. (Sincerely)

I think I will just beat up someone whose made me mad a lot. (Sarcasm)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

I had angry troubles but as I grew in the Lord they started to go away for the most part.