• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

I have so many hurts from the past. Like most people I have been hurt by so many people. Some were family, so-called friends, co-workers, relationships/interest that didn't work out. So many times I have been lied to, used, and taken advantage of. I want to heal, but I am having a hard time. What is the best way for me to heal? Please help!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

Hi Dawn , I would say the first thing is to ask your self if you have forgiven them , my wild guess is the enemy want's you to focus on the past , keep bringing  those things up in your past so that your focus can be on that instead of God , I been down this road a few time's myself  , I learned that i had unforgiveness ,  had to turn to the word and ask God how he would want me to respond to a given situation , then remember were not who other's say we are , were who God say's we are ,Sister i see you praying for other's in here constantly , wouldn't suprise me at all if you under going spiritual warfare , I decided in my own heart that i would treat it as a time of testing , was i going to show grace , did i truely forgive past hurts , am I letting my feeling's get in the way , when those thought's came i knew it was satan trying to trip me up to get my focus in another direction , he's a deciever and a liar and wont pull no punches especially if he knows your trying to serve God , get your self around other's that will edify and build you up and remind you who you you are in Christ , Give it all to God and tell him those things in your past are his now , and go about serving him the way you have been , I'm positive that the Lord will not only take that off you but will bless you ,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Sometimes it is best to ask God to help you get over the resentment of those who have done us wrong first. We tend to hold onto what others have done and this makes it difficult to forgive. Once you get over the wrongs which have been done to you makes it easier to forgive with God's grace. Then what is in the past is in God's hands and not in our mind. Grudges hurt us mentally and physically - the ones who have hurt us have moved on - we are still in the holding pattern. Let go of the hurt - turn it over to God and then forgive.

I have so many hurts from the past. Like most people I have been hurt by so many people. Some were family, so-called friends, co-workers, relationships/interest that didn't work out. So many times I have been lied to, used, and taken advantage of. I want to heal, but I am having a hard time. What is the best way for me to heal? Please help!

Matthew 6

14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 

15 But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Your first step in healing is forgiving.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

18)  If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

19)  Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

20)  Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21)  Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 12:18-21

Notice it states as much as lieth in you, so without the Holy Spirit working in us that is not a lot; but with the Holy Ghost we can live in peace with all men.  Some people it is best for us to avoid as much as possible, but even while doing this we can always pray for God to do good to them.  Others as much as it hurts us we should do everything we can to live in peace with them.  For in many instances people do not even realize they have done great harm to us, and while we hold resentment again them, our prayers our hindered.  I would prayer for God strength to forgive those I feel have done me wrong.

Praying for you Dawn.

Edited by 19Duggarfan

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

I was having so much trouble forgiving others...I didn't know how...until I heard A Preacher say it this way: I think I've typed this before...

I'll type it a million times...Hahaha...I even get more out of it every time too!!! Wow

This is what I do in my own brain and mind when I don't forgive: What I'm actually doing is saying in my mind: They owe me!!!

But the problem is: The amount in my mind that they owe is: $1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, ok-get the point?

There is no way anyone could repay that much!!!

But nonetheless...If they have hurt me: They should pay!!! and it should be about a milion trillion billion dollars...

Now considering the Scripture "man" gave...which is The Word of God and is True...I need to forgive in order to be forgiven...So true is that verse!!! 

But how do I do that?

Just Like Jesus did...

Jesus Paid The Price...For you...For me...and For that person that I can't forgive yet...

I have to Forgive Like Jesus did...Knowing They Know Not What They Do...

In reality, they owe me nothing!!!

I forgive them out of The Love That Jesus Has Put In me For Them...

It is true...They probably haven't given the thing another thought...

They (whoever it is) are going about their business...

but it is killing me...If I don't forgive...

Love to you In Him...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  436
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1974

Sometimes it feels l like I have emotional scares that can never heal.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

God is in the business of Healing...and He can and will...if we let Him...there were times also that I would do anything to get my mind off some of the horrible things that it wanted to think about...

Love to you In Him...

Nothing Is Impossible With God...Nothing...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

The best way to heal?Prayer and time.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

yes, prayer and its always good to talk about your hurts to someone you trust, wounds need nurturing and time to heal.