missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

What does the Bible mean by Christians being the light among the darkness?

Matthew 5:14-16You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

What do you think?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

To be His witness in how we live so when the world looks upon us, they see Him and give Him glory.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

The light is Your love for one another, proves to the world that we are followers of Christ.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Just like the moon, reflects the sun, we believers reflect the Son!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

As a lights we not only give glory to God by walking in the way He has set out for us, but our light reveals that which is hidden in the darkness of the unbelievers life.

Matthew 5:14-16You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

What do you think?

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Your witness.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.88
  • Days Won:  33

What do you think?

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Your witness.

I agree.

Don't forget that Jesus literally is the Light. And we are His representative here on earth. To be the light is to be like Him, or to let Him be seen in us (via our works, as man indicates above).

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

It means that we are to live a different lifestyle then the world.  We are tp walk as Jesus walked.   The Bible says we are in the world not of it. I have seen Christians who go into bars drink smoke right along with their very people they are to  be witnesses to.  I pray everyday that God will put in me a spirit where no will ever question where I stand. I want people to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I stand for Jesus. When we stay in His word we will walk and talk like Him and the world will see us as one of His.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

It means that we are to live a different lifestyle then the world.  We are tp walk as Jesus walked.   The Bible says we are in the world not of it. I have seen Christians who go into bars drink smoke right along with their very people they are to  be witnesses to.  I pray everyday that God will put in me a spirit where no will ever question where I stand. I want people to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I stand for Jesus. When we stay in His word we will walk and talk like Him and the world will see us as one of His.

Remember that sometimes Jesus himself went into bars and tax collector booths. Live in the World but try not to participate in others sins. Drinking is not a biblical sin but excessive drinking can cause people to sin more frequently which is why the Bible say's drink if you want to but do so in moderation. (A few cups of Wine is perfectly acceptable) 

Edited by Sculelos

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,268
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

There is light in the grace and love in which we conduct ourselves: the kindness, compassion, smiles and warmth in our continence. When we look into faces of some we see the cold evil darkness of hatred, suspicion, shame and fear. It is also in their body language. Some areas of this nation as well as some countries are full of this darkness. I have heard it said of Russia, as well as of areas around the middle east outside of Israel. When others see a Christian in such places the contrast is remarkable. Christians exude this genuineness and friendliness even without saying a word. But acts of kindness, helpfullness, and gentle strength are easily seen, as well as generosity. The light or character of Jesus is expressed in us as naturally as fruit growing from a fruit tree. We have grown from glory to glory till we are recognized derisively as "little Christs" or Christians. We become known as do gooders, miss merry sunshine, goody two shoes, more holy than thou and Jesus freaks because our light has shown on the dark places of someones heart.. And we should wear these badges with thanksgiving. The light of God's love has been shining on others and we didn't even know it.