angels4u

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Lady Macbeth is an iconic sinister character in literature who seduces her husband to forsake pity for success, a testament of false witness in these times of consumerism liberties.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Lady Macbeth is an iconic sinister character in literature who seduces her husband to forsake pity for success, a testament of false witness in these times of consumerism liberties.

Care to tell me what you mean? I am not quite understanding the link to the original post from a christian perspective?

Are we unashamed of the gospel and are we ready to share the good news???

Dr T.T. Shields:

It's Our Solemn Obligation!

.... "No, I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ; for it is the power of God, to me: it saved me." That is what made Paul unashamed of the gospel: it was what the gospel had done for him, and he was ready. Let us ask God to make us ready!

Abridged from The Gospel Witness.

~

Amen~!

Praying~!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

Thank you for writing this article....very well said...good job!!

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  338
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  4

Mat 25:14  For it is as when a man, going into another country, called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

Mat 25:15  And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one; to each according to his several ability; and he went on his journey.

Mat 25:16  Straightway he that received the five talents went and traded with them, and made other five talents.

Mat 25:17  In like manner he also that received the two gained other two.

Mat 25:18  But he that received the one went away and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

Mat 25:19  Now after a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and maketh a reckoning with them.

Mat 25:20  And he that received the five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: lo, I have gained other five talents.

Mat 25:21  His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will set thee over many things; enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Mat 25:22  And he also that received the two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: lo, I have gained other two talents.

Mat 25:23  His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will set thee over many things; enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Mat 25:24  And he also that had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art a hard man, reaping where thou didst not sow, and gathering where thou didst not scatter;

Mat 25:25  and I was afraid, and went away and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, thou hast thine own.

Mat 25:26  But his lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I did not scatter;

Mat 25:27  thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the bankers, and at my coming I should have received back mine own with interest.

Mat 25:28  Take ye away therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him that hath the ten talents.

Mat 25:29  For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not, even that which he hath shall be taken away.

Mat 25:30  And cast ye out the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness: there shall be the weeping and the gnashing of teeth.

Mat 25:31  But when the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit on the throne of his glory:

Mat 25:32  and before him shall be gathered all the nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats;

Mat 25:33  and he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Mat 25:34  Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Mat 25:35  for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in;

Mat 25:36  naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Mat 25:37  Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or athirst, and gave thee drink?

Mat 25:38  And when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Mat 25:39  And when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

Mat 25:40  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me.

Mat 25:41  Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into the eternal fire which is prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mat 25:42  for I was hungry, and ye did not give me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink;

Mat 25:43  I was a stranger, and ye took me not in; naked, and ye clothed me not; sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Mat 25:44  Then shall they also answer, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Mat 25:45  Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not unto one of these least, ye did it not unto me.

Mat 25:46  And these shall go away into eternal punishment: but the righteous into eternal life.

How can we as a saved servant of God....a Christian - have such a treasure inside of us ( the Holy Spirit ) and not be simply overwhelmed with the want / need to share what we have with everyone else? I think it does not matter if we know the entire word of God - word for word and can quote it on the spot - give all the hebrew and greek translations of words.......if we are spiritually flatlined what good is it? What does it profit anyone to keep such a treasure to ones self and not give it to others? How can we as Christians talk about loving others, how people need salvation, what Christ is all about - if we only discuss it among other Christians? One of my personal pet peeves is to hear people at church, at work , elsewhere ( that say they are Christians) - when asked if they witness to others - serve others ( may it be thru the church, charity, etc) ...say " well, I am not comfortable doing those things - but I have God in my heart and he knows how I feel " - Matthew 25: 14-46 rings in my ears - I always feel I should be doing more, sharing more, serving more.....I don't understand the professed Christian that can sit in the window and watch the world go by.

Mat 13:52  And he said unto them, Therefore every scribe who hath been made a disciple to the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is a householder, who bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

Amen i agree

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Everyone is a witness, be it for Christ or not.  Our witness is how we live our lives.  We can say whatever we wish, but unless we live it, they are empty words in the ears of the hearer if they see us contradict ourselves.

:amen:   Actions always speak louder than words.....we should all be doers of the word.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/29/1971

If Paul was as ferocious against the gospel as he was a witness for Christ after he met Jesus on the Damascus road.  We can only imagine the terrible things he did.  Some think Saul/Paul may have killed several hundred Christians.  He was definitely there at the stoning of Stephen. 

When someone tells me they've done too many bad things for God to forgive them- I point them to Paul.  Thank God for Paul and his testimony.  Through God's infinite wisdom did he choose Paul, that had done horrible things, to show others how great Christ's love is for us all.

I try and witness where I can...  Even sometimes places that would be deemed inappropriate by some.  Like secular forums or the doctor's waiting room, lol.  This is the first Christian forum I've joined in my life for some reason.  Should have joined one sooner to strengthen myself.  Everyone needs to be around fellow believers!  Iron sharpens iron =) 

Not trying to boast or anything.  It's just a fun challenge for me to proclaim Christ where people are bashing him.  Maybe 'fun' is the wrong word.  It makes me angry.  Be angry and sin not of course.  They congregate and bash Jesus and Christians on a regular basis all over the web.

Satan has an entire internet out there with thousands of forums bashing our Lord.  You think they aren't talking about Christians and Christ?  You'd be surprised.  Not in a positive way either.  Unfortunately I have felt like a lone believer many times defending the faith on secular forums.  They will beat you down with their instant prejudices but there's a few I'm convinced investigated Christianity for themselves.  I do what I can and leave the rest up to the Holy Spirit.  It's all him and I just try to be an available vessel.  

I encourage you all not to forsake the internet as a tool for witnessing.  This site is a wonderful oasis in a sea of sin - just don't forget the lost out there who'll never visit this site. 

Ok!  Long winded Will is out- lol.  My posts can begin to ramble.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,342
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Every CHRISTIAN is a Witness!!! :) It will be shown not ONLY THROUGH our Words, but what WE DO IN LIFE!!!!

If I say "I BELIEVE In God!!!" That isn't enough!! We have to be A Witness by GOING to CHURCH, SPREADING the Word of Christ, and inviting others who NEED HIM to our Church, and having them accepting Jesus in their lives to be their Lord and Savior so that they can be FORGIVEN. Them too, WILL go out and Spread the Word of Christ to those who NEED HIM and invite them to THEIR CHURCH so they can ACCEPT JESUS in THEIR LIVES!!!

Right there, my FRIENDS is how you BECOME A WITNESS!!! :) This is what I think!!!

God bless you all!! :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

I am not ashamed of God's word but I must distribute this with kindness and respect.I don't want to cram it down anyones throat.If someone comes to me with questions or asks me about my faith I am their to share God with them.Many are turned off by the even mention of Jesus Christ.They are in God's hands.