nebula

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

I enjoy having technology. I have no desire to pretend otherwise. I find it amusing this is being posted on an internet forum, where it is then discussed by people with internet access on their computers. If I don't want to deal with phone/internet I walk away and go read for a while.

Also I think ncn makes a valuable point.

I was being slightly sarcastic.

But, as was mentioned in the article, it is good for people have ear sensitivity to electronic noises.

In any event, if you ever happen to pass through West Virginia, you would probably enjoy visiting the Green Bank National Radio Astronomy Observatory.

-10 pts to me for not catching the sarcasm! Yeah actually I would enjoy spending quality time at a radio astronomy observatory.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

-10 pts to me for not catching the sarcasm! Yeah actually I would enjoy spending quality time at a radio astronomy observatory.

's OK! :3:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,661
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The West Virginia town where wireless signals are illegal

Mental FlossBy Lucas Reilly | Mental Floss – 21 hours ago

Green Bank, W. Va, is a tech-savvy teenager’s nightmare. In this tiny town in Pocahontas County — population 143 — wireless signals are illegal. No cell phones. No WiFi. No radio. No Bluetooth. No electronic transmitters at all. You’re not even allowed to cozy up to an electric blanket.

<snip>

Surprisingly, a ban on all things wireless hasn’t driven residents away. It’s actually drawn people from all across the United States to settle down. Sufferers of electromagnetic hypersensitivity — a disease supposedly caused by wireless signals, but dismissed by the scientific community — have moved into the electronic dead space.

Full article here

Where the coal dust and rust in the water will kill them off.

My father's family hales from Logan County.

No, my folks were not Hatfields, but my aunt was a Hatfield and her daughter (my cousin of course) married a Hatfield.

I am from out of State, Dad moved out before I was born. I knew so little about the now televised feud that I didn't even know till recently the McCoys were from Kentucky. Just thought they both were from Mountain Momma.  

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:huh: Not all of WV is like that, and there certainly were no signs of the coal industry in that area.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

There's nothing wrong with technology, but relying on it is a problem. I've recently decided to stop carrying my cell-phone around with me and it actually makes me happier.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Green Bank, W. Va, is a tech-savvy teenager’s nightmare. In this tiny town in Pocahontas County — population 143 — wireless signals are illegal. No cell phones. No WiFi. No radio. No Bluetooth. No electronic transmitters at all. You’re not even allowed to cozy up to an electric blanket.

<snip>

Surprisingly, a ban on all things wireless hasn’t driven residents away. It’s actually drawn people from all across the United States to settle down. Sufferers of electromagnetic hypersensitivity — a disease supposedly caused by wireless signals, but dismissed by the scientific community — have moved into the electronic dead space.

Full article here

No, my folks were not Hatfields, but my aunt was a Hatfield and her daughter (my cousin of course) married a Hatfield.

I am from out of State, Dad moved out before I was born. I knew so little about the now televised feud that I didn't even know till recently the McCoys were from Kentucky. Just thought they both were from Mountain Momma.  

That's neat; my mother's family lives in Pike County, Ky.  I am related to the Hatfield's AND the McCoys.  No wonder I'm so opinionated.  :mgclown:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,493
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

<snip>

Full article here

That's neat; my mother's family lives in Pike County, Ky.  I am related to the Hatfield's AND the McCoys.  No wonder I'm so opinionated.  :mgclown:

Where's my gun :whistling: