IGNORED

I heard an interesting testimony from a man.

oldzimm

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

There is brother in our Church that has an interesting testimony and after hearing it, nobody can tell me there is no God.

Many years ago (before he was saved) this man was very depressed and wanted to end it all. The man drove to the mountains and while sitting in his car, put a loaded 44 magnum in his mouth and pulled the trigger. After the trigger was pulled he thought that wasn't too bad, then realized he was still alive, the gun did not fire. The cartridge's primer was fully dented, there was no reason why the gun did not fire (or was there)  Thank God he did not try to fire the gun again and went home.

Since then he met a wonderful women, got married and has a son, most importantly he found God and his love. A couple years ago this man took the same gun, with the same cartridge, pointed it at an embankment and it fired.

I do believe God had a hand in this man's life and God is still creating miracles today.

God bless you all

Oldzim 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

He stopped me too from committing suicide when I was younger and unsaved. I was on a beach in mexico, alone, recently had a broken engagement. I was feeling that loss badly that night and decided to end it all. My plan was to go out into the ocean and swim until I drowned. As I started to get up to do that, a drunk preachers son stumbled over me and spilt a beer on me. I was so mad at what he did. He started to talk to me. My anger and him talking to me was enough to break that moment of wanting to kill myself. I resolved to live that night. I knew that God had saved me although I did not yet know Jesus. Just a Creator God. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I'm glad God save you, Jade! :emot-hug:

• Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Wonderful testimonies.  Would God it were so every time some poor soul attempted suicide! +

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Wonderful testimonies.  Would God it were so every time some poor soul attempted suicide! +

Yes Jade, God can do amazing things to navigate us through life, even through a drunken preacher's son.

Lenard, yes these two testimonies are wonderful and I bet there are many more out there by people under similar circumstances. The beauty of people giving their testimonies is that they are freeing themselves of them and laying them at the cross. The rest of your quote I don't really understand, did you leave out some words? I leave out words often, specially when I try to post something fast. I think you are pondering why God doesn't step in every time someone commits suicide. (Am I right, if not, sorry)

I don't know why God doesn't step in to prevent such tragedies in peoples lives, nobody knows for sure. All I know is God doesn't see things through worldly eyes like we do. I believe I read in the Bible that God's way of thinking isn't necessary our way of thinking. If we knew all of God's ways and thoughts, that would make us like God, and anybody that knows me will tell you that I'm way more than few bricks short of a full load to be like God. (I might be worth one brick on the truck, maybe  :grin: LOL)  

• 1 year later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,582
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

God does have a plan!