IGNORED

Our Body is our Soul and our Soul is our Body.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, warrior12 said:

Give a reasonable answer.   the above is really not.

You take a quote of something I said in 2013, almost 3 years old, reply and now will not accept that I refuse to get into a battle about which version of the bible is correct?  Interesting, to say the least.  Again, I will not debate which translation is the best.  There are many people who will be more than willing to fight that battle with you.

57 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Ok, here so we are living in  2106 and this is what we have to live our lives by.   I think in the above scripture the sentence says it all as below i qoute.

" If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen."

I think also you last statement wants to take us back to those time of spreading the word of God. Unrealistic may be the word here.

Actually, when a person considers the times and culture of biblical writings they can learn a lot more about what the author is saying and why.   Why are you trying to dig up history and flesh it out now?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings One Light

Any idea what this Thread was about?

Biblical support. 

Genesis 2:

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

2 Corinthians 5:

1For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven: 3If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked. 4For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life. 5Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

6Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: 7(For we walk by faith, not by sight:) 8We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord. 9Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him. 10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

He wanted Biblical support of what,if I may ask? The Title doesn't really help me to understand the OP's Topic & I really don't want to read through 3 years of posts-lol

Did he think the spirit & soul were one in the same,body & soul or did he Understand the difference?                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Actually, when a person considers the times and culture of biblical writings they can learn a lot more about what the author is saying and why.   Why are you trying to dig up history and flesh it out now?

I am not here to pick fights ect. as you are contemplating. I merely responded your post and if you look back you can see where you asked questions and i just replied.  I think i gave you honest replied and you may take it as you like, but i thought this is what conversations is about. It is not to get aggressive and angry. If that is the case then i am out of here.  We should have an orderly conversation and i have quoted scripture as well to align my comments.

My reply to the the modern times and how we interpret scripture, also has to do with how the bible is structured in context. It contains history and future events and future events has to be interpreted in the present. 

Anyway, if you feel i have discredit you in anyway, please accept my apology and it ends here for me.

Hi Kwick,

Trying to quote your reply to me, but finding it difficult.  But below is an excerpt from one of mr. onelight replies.   Below is a excerpt from yours.  You said you shared a similar experience.  I also said my understanding that you were and i say were not current following the teachings of men.  I have no intention of discriminating anyone, i just replied in the way i read the contents and saw it that way.  

psyche is just a term for the human spirit and we do have one. It is not bringing any new age stuff into the topic here, and i too are a bible believing born again follower of jesus christ.  So your captial letters  YOU in your remarks and exclamation marks is that you are a bit agitated.  I would not want that at all.  Dialogue with christians must be with patience and humility, and if i seem offensive then i ask for your forgiveness here.  

I have never been on christian forums just for these reasons, as i don't want conflicts and people feelings to get hurt ect. It is not christlike.  So i hope i have explained my intentions here and to clear up any misunderstandings.  Writing can be misconstrued in many ways, so dialogue with true intent is important. 

onelight quote.

In my early years, I did grab all kinds of books of others theologies and prophecies, but when the prophecies failed and others fell from grace (so to say), I quickly learned not to follow other men's teachings as if it were a gift, or addition, to scripture. 

kwickphilly quote

"Perhaps after all these years the information gathered is enough,I still do listen to others interpretations,plenty of that right here on Worthy.....I do share a very similar experience to One Lights ........I have seen enough failed prophecy & men fall from Grace to not give them too much consideration,with a grain of salt perhaps? "

Edited by warrior12

28 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings One Light

Any idea what this Thread was about?

He wanted Biblical support of what,if I may ask? The Title doesn't really help me to understand the OP's Topic & I really don't want to read through 3 years of posts-lol

Did he think the spirit & soul were one in the same,body & soul or did he Understand the difference?                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

No Sis, I don't remember, and as you, I am not going to read through years of posts and try to figure out where my line of think was going.  The OP has not been here in as many years either.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

No Sis, I don't remember, and as you, I am not going to read through years of posts and try to figure out where my line of think was going.  The OP has not been here in as many years either.

LOL,yes indeedy Brother,,,,,,I go to sleep at night after signing off Worthy & when i come back in the morning thee are too many posts to catch up with ,let alone 3 years!!!!!!:40:                                                                             God Bless you One Light                                      Love-Your Sis Kwik(great to see ya!):emot-hug:

26 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

I am not here to pick fights ect. as you are contemplating. I merely responded your post and if you look back you can see where you asked questions and i just replied.  I think i gave you honest replied and you may take it as you like, but i thought this is what conversations is about. It is not to get aggressive and angry. If that is the case then i am out of here.  We should have an orderly conversation and i have quoted scripture as well to align my comments.

My reply to the the modern times and how we interpret scripture, also has to do with how the bible is structured in context. It contains history and future events and future events has to be interpreted in the present. 

Anyway, if you feel i have discredit you in anyway, please accept my apology and it ends here for me.

I don't think you were trying to discredit me, or I would of spoken up.  I was not sure why you replied to a thread I don't remember, nor to a train of thought long gone, which is why I asked.  I very well could of been trying to help someone else think through a process.

11 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I don't think you were trying to discredit me, or I would of spoken up.  I was not sure why you replied to a thread I don't remember, nor to a train of thought long gone, which is why I asked.  I very well could of been trying to help someone else think through a process.

Well, here i am new to this forum, and just browsing through the topics and saw this one.  Reading through the first two or three replies would quickly give you an insight of the thread and therefore your reply.  It is a very difficult topic to come to terms with as many believers have diverse thoughts on it.

I merely referenced a book about the topic and you replied that, quote below.

"Why would anyone ever need another mans book when we have scripture?  Does anyone really believe man can explain Gods plan better than God Himself?  I understand the interest in finding what people believe, but to fully understand my place in Christ, all I need is His words, His Spirit and faith. "

So  i thought a conversation could be had about it and so on.   So your reply was totally out of the realm of the topic and so the thread progressed.   

So far , this is what i see.    By the way, it is a biblical topic isn't it.  And with the bible, you never stop learning, even things you thought you have mastered.

2 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Well, here i am new to this forum, and just browsing through the topics and saw this one.  Reading through the first two or three replies would quickly give you an insight of the thread and therefore your reply.  It is a very difficult topic to come to terms with as many believers have diverse thoughts on it.

I merely referenced a book about the topic and you replied that, quote below.

"Why would anyone ever need another mans book when we have scripture?  Does anyone really believe man can explain Gods plan better than God Himself?  I understand the interest in finding what people believe, but to fully understand my place in Christ, all I need is His words, His Spirit and faith. "

So  i thought a conversation could be had about it and so on.   So your reply was totally out of the realm of the topic and so the thread progressed.   

So far , this is what i see.    By the way, it is a biblical topic isn't it.  And with the bible, you never stop learning, even things you thought you have mastered.

I have been away for a few years myself and just returned within the past week, so everything is basically new to me also.  A lot of new members, but basically the same topics.  I am still reminding myself that one thread should not be brought into another, which is what I probably did with my reply.  I had been discussing false teaching before I started reading your reply and that is most likely where my reply came from.

God Bless my friend.  Once we both get our bearings, I am sure we will have some deep conversations.