Well said TR!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

God made them naked, they stayed naked for their entire time in the garden, which was spent with God.

Clearly God did not have an issue with their nudity.

The issue with nudity is man's issue, not Gods.

We will all stand naked before God...and none of us will care.

If that is true, why is it mentioned in Revelation people will be given robes to wear?

Revelation 7:9

New International Version (NIV)

The Great Multitude in White Robes

After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

The Lamb is not literal.  We understand that the Lamb is Jesus Christ who was sacrificed for our sins, the palm branches represent worship, the white robes represent being clothed in righteousness.  I think the number of people who believe that Jesus Christ reincarnates as a literal sheep are very few indeed!  Why would we think the white robes are literal?

It's possible that Jesus comes back as the Jesus Doll TM, with bronze feet, and hair made out of wool - with the special child friendly feature of a sword coming out of his mouth?!?!?  No.  You were right the first time.  It's symbolic.

So, do you believe Jesus is nude or covered?

I believe that question isn't addressed in scripture so anything I thought would be useless conjecture at best. I believe that doctrinal questions can not and should not be answered with prophetic, symbolic, writings.  The Book of Revelations will not answer any questions about modesty or nudity, or any other questions of scriptural law.

There was a claim that we would stand naked before God.

So what is the Scriptural support for this claim?

If there is support, the next question is how far does this nakedness go? Either the ones in Heaven are covered or they are nude. This includes Jesus.

S which isit?

We will stand spiritually naked before God.  You are seeking an answer as to whether we will be literally naked before God.  There is no answer to that.  There is not even an answer to what kind of bodies we will have, other than 'like the angels'.  We may not even have genders in heaven.

Let's say that there are genders in Heaven.  Will there be lust in Heaven, or will we be made without sin in Heaven?  Were not Adam and Eve naked when they were without sin?  Will we suffer from hot or cold in Heaven?  Wasn't suffering from the elements also a result of the fall?  If there is no lust in Heaven, and we are not attacked by the elements in Heaven, then why would we need clothes in Heaven?  Most importantly we will have ultimate spiritual intimacy with God in Heaven.  We will  be one with each other and be one in Him.  Why would it matter what we were wearing or if we were wearing anything?  Adam and Eve did not notice their nakedness until after they ate the fruit.  When mankind is restored into right relationship with God will we be in a state to notice our nakedness then and be ashamed?  If we did notice our nakedness and were ashamed and needed to be covered then would that not mean that sin has not been defeated and we had not been remade?

When I was a little girl my Sunday School Teacher told me that God can see us everywhere.  My eyes went wide and I said, 'Even when I'm going to the bathroom?!'  She said yes.  For a little while after that I prayed to God before I went to the bathroom and asked Him to please avert his eyes for a few minutes.  Of course that was silly, and I gradually grew into a desire for God to see my all, and have my all, and learned that I didn't need to be ashamed before Him.  We have to trust Him with all the things that shame us so that He can take them and mould us into what He intended us to be.  To God, our whole selves are laid bare and He loves us and takes us as we are.  But for Him to take us as we are, when we stand before Him we have to be as we are - then we can grow in Him and through Him.  

Being embarrassed about being naked in Heaven is not really different from  being embarrassed about God seeing us in the bathroom.

Being embarrassed about being naked in Heaven is not really different from being embarrassed about God seeing us in the bathroom.

Yes,that is true.It is a human emotion.Although I personally do not think we will be naked in heaven.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

God made them naked, they stayed naked for their entire time in the garden, which was spent with God.

Clearly God did not have an issue with their nudity.

The issue with nudity is man's issue, not Gods.

We will all stand naked before God...and none of us will care.

If that is true, why is it mentioned in Revelation people will be given robes to wear?

Revelation 7:9

New International Version (NIV)

The Great Multitude in White Robes

After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

The Lamb is not literal.  We understand that the Lamb is Jesus Christ who was sacrificed for our sins, the palm branches represent worship, the white robes represent being clothed in righteousness.  I think the number of people who believe that Jesus Christ reincarnates as a literal sheep are very few indeed!  Why would we think the white robes are literal?

It's possible that Jesus comes back as the Jesus Doll TM, with bronze feet, and hair made out of wool - with the special child friendly feature of a sword coming out of his mouth?!?!?  No.  You were right the first time.  It's symbolic.

So, do you believe Jesus is nude or covered?

I believe that question isn't addressed in scripture so anything I thought would be useless conjecture at best. I believe that doctrinal questions can not and should not be answered with prophetic, symbolic, writings.  The Book of Revelations will not answer any questions about modesty or nudity, or any other questions of scriptural law.

There was a claim that we would stand naked before God.

So what is the Scriptural support for this claim?

If there is support, the next question is how far does this nakedness go? Either the ones in Heaven are covered or they are nude. This includes Jesus.

S which isit?

We will stand spiritually naked before God.  You are seeking an answer as to whether we will be literally naked before God.  There is no answer to that.  There is not even an answer to what kind of bodies we will have, other than 'like the angels'.  We may not even have genders in heaven.

Let's say that there are genders in Heaven.  Will there be lust in Heaven, or will we be made without sin in Heaven?  Were not Adam and Eve naked when they were without sin?  Will we suffer from hot or cold in Heaven?  Wasn't suffering from the elements also a result of the fall?  If there is no lust in Heaven, and we are not attacked by the elements in Heaven, then why would we need clothes in Heaven?  Most importantly we will have ultimate spiritual intimacy with God in Heaven.  We will  be one with each other and be one in Him.  Why would it matter what we were wearing or if we were wearing anything?  Adam and Eve did not notice their nakedness until after they ate the fruit.  When mankind is restored into right relationship with God will we be in a state to notice our nakedness then and be ashamed?  If we did notice our nakedness and were ashamed and needed to be covered then would that not mean that sin has not been defeated and we had not been remade?

When I was a little girl my Sunday School Teacher told me that God can see us everywhere.  My eyes went wide and I said, 'Even when I'm going to the bathroom?!'  She said yes.  For a little while after that I prayed to God before I went to the bathroom and asked Him to please avert his eyes for a few minutes.  Of course that was silly, and I gradually grew into a desire for God to see my all, and have my all, and learned that I didn't need to be ashamed before Him.  We have to trust Him with all the things that shame us so that He can take them and mould us into what He intended us to be.  To God, our whole selves are laid bare and He loves us and takes us as we are.  But for Him to take us as we are, when we stand before Him we have to be as we are - then we can grow in Him and through Him.  

Being embarrassed about being naked in Heaven is not really different from  being embarrassed about God seeing us in the bathroom.

Being embarrassed about being naked in Heaven is not really different from being embarrassed about God seeing us in the bathroom.

Yes,that is true.It is a human emotion.Although I personally do not think we will be naked in heaven.

I think there is a lot of room for speculation.  It's an interesting topic to think about.  What do you think our bodies/form will be like in heaven?

I think there is a lot of room for speculation.  It's an interesting topic to think about.  What do you think our bodies/form will be like in heaven?

1 John 3

Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

That sounds like a topic for a new thread. This one has run its course, don't you think?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

That sounds like a topic for a new thread. This one has run its course, don't you think?

Indeed I do!   :halo: 

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Is there scripture somewhere in the new testament that is written that pretty much lays out how one is expected to dress and behave in church? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Is there scripture somewhere in the new testament that is written that pretty much lays out how one is expected to dress and behave in church? 

1 Tim 2:9-11

9 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, 10 but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.

NASU

Isa 3:16-26

16 Moreover, the Lord said, "Because the daughters of Zion are proud

And walk with heads held high and seductive eyes,

And go along with mincing steps

And tinkle the bangles on their feet,

17 Therefore the Lord will afflict the scalp of the daughters of Zion with scabs,

And the Lord will make their foreheads bare."

18 In that day the Lord will take away the beauty of their anklets, headbands, crescent ornaments, 19 dangling earrings, bracelets, veils, 20 headdresses, ankle chains, sashes, perfume boxes, amulets, 21 finger rings, nose rings, 22 festal robes, outer tunics, cloaks, money purses, 23 hand mirrors, undergarments, turbans and veils.

24 Now it will come about that instead of sweet perfume there will be putrefaction;

Instead of a belt, a rope;

Instead of well-set hair, a plucked-out scalp;

Instead of fine clothes, a donning of sackcloth;

And branding instead of beauty.

25 Your men will fall by the sword

And your mighty ones in battle.

26 And her gates will lament and mourn,

And deserted she will sit on the ground.

NASU

1 Peter 3:3-7

3 Your adornment must not be merely external — braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; 4 but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. 5 For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands; 6 just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.

7 You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

NASU

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

They should all put their clothes back on. It is improper to be in public and not have clothes on. We are suppost to be modest, not to mention that I personally do not want to go in public and see this stuff. People who have children and grandchildren do not want to go out into public and see it.

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

1 Tim 2:9-11

9 Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, 10 but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.

NASU

Isa 3:16-26

16 Moreover, the Lord said, "Because the daughters of Zion are proud

And walk with heads held high and seductive eyes,

And go along with mincing steps

And tinkle the bangles on their feet,

17 Therefore the Lord will afflict the scalp of the daughters of Zion with scabs,

And the Lord will make their foreheads bare."

18 In that day the Lord will take away the beauty of their anklets, headbands, crescent ornaments, 19 dangling earrings, bracelets, veils, 20 headdresses, ankle chains, sashes, perfume boxes, amulets, 21 finger rings, nose rings, 22 festal robes, outer tunics, cloaks, money purses, 23 hand mirrors, undergarments, turbans and veils.

24 Now it will come about that instead of sweet perfume there will be putrefaction;

Instead of a belt, a rope;

Instead of well-set hair, a plucked-out scalp;

Instead of fine clothes, a donning of sackcloth;

And branding instead of beauty.

25 Your men will fall by the sword

And your mighty ones in battle.

26 And her gates will lament and mourn,

And deserted she will sit on the ground.

NASU

1 Peter 3:3-7

3 Your adornment must not be merely external — braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; 4 but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. 5 For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands; 6 just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.

7 You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

NASU

I agree with the above statements from enoob.

He wants our outward appearance to reflect our relationship with Him.

If you don't know what that means, then you should re-evaluate your relationship with Him.