• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Blessings to all,

That is very true Alpha but when(and if)we are talking about our children it really depends on their age and level of maturity....I think as parents they really need supervision when they cannot fully understand what consequences bad decisions could lead to and I don't think I need to go into all that....so yes,responsibility does fall on the individual and their ability to say when enough is enough or it is time not to proceed any further but if we as parents can do all we can do to protect them and guide them until they are better qualified to make the right choices then I do hope we will do our best to keep them innocent for as long as we can.......to God be the glory!

Mega,I like the story about the natives....I can imagine their puzzlement.....lol

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Blessings to all,

That is very true Alpha but when(and if)we are talking about our children it really depends on their age and level of maturity....I think as parents they really need supervision when they cannot fully understand what consequences bad decisions could lead to and I don't think I need to go into all that....so yes,responsibility does fall on the individual and their ability to say when enough is enough or it is time not to proceed any further but if we as parents can do all we can do to protect them and guide them until they are better qualified to make the right choices then I do hope we will do our best to keep them innocent for as long as we can.......to God be the glory!

Mega,I like the story about the natives....I can imagine their puzzlement.....lol

With love,in Christ-Kwik

:rofl: You quack me up!! OK kissing is off and I must agree for some that is not the thing to do but if not kissing ??? :hmmm:

Can't imagine the double post above???

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

One of the best ways to tell what your partner will be like is for the gal to look at the guys dad and how he treats his wife and for the guy to see how the gals mom treats her husband. We learn how to treat one another from our parents. Dating yes but check out the parents.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Dating isn't in the bible. It is merely a cultural pastime, and especially in this culture it is an immature way of having a relationship, because people embark on a sexual relationship, stealing what is reserved for marriage and somehow making it seem alright as if one is doing an audition for bedroom compatibility. A Christian couple who determine to love each other for life don;t worry about that. They know that marriage in Christ guarantees a rewarding sexual relationship!

I don't think we can generalize and say all dating is immature. I know of a wonderful Christian couple who are dating, and honoring God in every way. They intend to get married, are wonderful stewards of their finances and are an example to all around them.

'Dating' in the true sense should be reserved for those who are intending to marry. The young couples I know who are dating are those who have courted and have the openly expressed intent to marry.

But, as I said earlier, dating the way the world does it is immature folly, and invariable in every case leads to heartbreak or some form of destruction in almost every person who practices it.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

One of the best ways to tell what your partner will be like is for the gal to look at the guys dad and how he treats his wife and for the guy to see how the gals mom treats her husband. We learn how to treat one another from our parents. Dating yes but check out the parents.

Yes,I heard this many years ago by a very well respected woman.I heard to look at the way a man treats his mom.Also it is very important for a woman to have a healthy and close relationship with her father.This will make a big difference in the choices she makes when she starts dating and picking her future spouse.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to all,

I don't know about all that kissing stuff faithful,sounds pretty carnal to me,,,and I would know,because I lived a very carnal life and I think I was an awful role model for my own son(glad I didn't have a daughter)but by the Grace of God my son is happily married,has a beautiful wife and baby and I am just so grateful to God.....The Lord stepped in where I failed,the best thing I ever did in my whole life was asked God to take care of my son.....I give Him all the Glory for everything that is good...

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Kissing is carnal? so is hugging, eating ice cream...just because something is enjoyable doesn't mean it's forbidden. Setting arbitrary rules that aren't grounded biblically, say, can backfire pretty seriously.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Kissing is carnal? so is hugging, eating ice cream...just because something is enjoyable doesn't mean it's forbidden. Setting arbitrary rules that aren't grounded biblically, say, can backfire pretty seriously.

Suit yourself.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35

Suit yourself.

Yes. Did you have something you wanted to say to continue on a discussion? not sure what to do with that.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I know of couples who courted, then dated, anticipating marriage, who agreed not to kiss until they were engaged, and one couple saved kissing for their marriage. It is a decision that some couples make and it is honourable.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

It seems as though the more we become spiritually mature, the more we realize how the desires of the flesh can be unclean for the spirit. As far as dating goes, it depends what you call dating. Do Christian have a different point of view when it comes to wanting to meet someone because they think that person could be their potential future wife/husband? If you meet that person you're going to want to spend time with them to get to know them to see if there's chemistry of course. So is going out to dinner with that person considered dating? Well if it is then I'm guilty of dating. Although I won't kiss someone unless there's a connection between both otherwise I consider it carnal kissing lol. And kiss at your own risk, if you're the kind who gets their hormones all fired up from a kiss then better not to kiss because you WILL be burning with passion and you know where that leads. May the force be with you my young Padewans...