• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Revelation 9:5-6 (NIV)
5 They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man.
6 During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

Revelation 9:5-6 (NIV) 5 They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man. 6 During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

~

Seriously Beloved, It's A Foretaste

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: Matthew 25:41

Of What Will Happen On The Other Side

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:47-48

Without

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:26

Jesus

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  438
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,947
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  04/18/1949

See Mark 5:1-20. These are most likely demons taking possession of unsaved people, but they are not permitted to kill their victims. Further, the victims will not be able to kill themselves, so they will have to endure the horrible physical and mental pain for the entire five months. I also agree with Brother Joe that it's a foretaste of the other side.

Rev 9:11  And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

The torment of demonic possession.

Mar 5:1-5  And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.  (2)  And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,  (3)  Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:  (4)  Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.  (5)  And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Since the context was that they came from the bottomless pit, I have to agree that they are demonic beings, but they also sound like they might be some kind of armored vehicle that are under the power of demonic individuals. It does sound like a science fiction horrer movie. I have no intention of being there to find out.

I cannot answer with any sense of authority, but when I read that verse, it strikes me that all that is being said is, that when these demonic beings torture people, they have not been given permission to kill, just as God allowed Satan to do whatever he wanted to Job, except kill him. Job was miserable, and I think in the last days of the tribulation and God's wrath, extreme misery will be commonplace.

Most of us have probably come across people who were hurting so badly, they wanted to die. This is how assisted suicide came to be. It is why people try and sometimes succeed at suicide themselves, or consider it. Emotional and physical pain can be so extreme, that people no longer desire to live, but sometimes death eludes them, and they just have to wait for their time.

I suspect that is all that is being said here, misery desires death, but they will not get that wish, but instead must endure the pain. I don't see this as saying that they cannot die, although I admit it is possible that God can arrange things so that they cannot or at least will not die. However, it seems somehow unlikely that God's purpose is to prevent them from dieing so that they can suffer 5 years, there is an eternity in Hell for that.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

Revelation 9:5-6 (NIV)

5 They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man.

6 During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

Hell upon the Earth somewhere :happyhappy: ??

It does reads like some people's belief on Hell in the Ground.

But hopefully this 5th trumpet(message) is to convert someone.

Could it be chastisement or an example to other to convert ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

John,Aren't this passages referring to the bottomless pit or the abyss?At the beginning of the Millenial Kingdom it is the place where Satan is bound,at the end of the thousand years.The inhabitants are the angels who sinned and left their habitation.God uses the bottomless pit as a holding place for the most evil of angels,including Satan.This might be a different level of hell a more severe one but I am not sure.Anyone else have an idea on this?