IGNORED

Ordained Online?

kwikphilly

Guest shiloh357

Online ordination cheapens what ordination really is and means.

When a man is ordained, he is examined.  He is examined and questioned by other ordained ministers and deacons.  Usually, this is done publically during the ordination service. They ask him questions about his salvation experience, his call to ministry, his doctrinal positions on important theological matters in order to ensure that he is sound, and is mature enough to handle the challenges of the ministry.  Real ordination allows the church of which the candidiate for ordination is a member to see him up close to get a good feel for the man who will be their pastor or deacon.  The ordination of a pastor or deacon is a solemn yet celebratory event that should be treated with the utmost reverence and importance.  It should not be taken lightly.

Ordination to ministry is not a right; it is privilege of those who are able to demonstrate a genuine call to ministry and a genuine heart for ministry as well as demonstrate the necessary spiritual maturity to handle the challenges that come with ministry.

Online ordination is a farce and a joke.  No one who goes through the process just to get a piece of paper is worthy of ministry, especially at funerals where a people need sound theological and scriptural encouragement and edification.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

There are places you can be ordained online. You do not even have to be a Christian to get ordained as a Christian minister on those sites. That should give you an idea of what value that kind of ordination carries.

:o

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Dearest shiloh,

That is beautifully said and that is what really stands out to me most "reverence".....people don't even seem to revere God as Sovereign Almighty God...CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE!Let alone His ministers,,,it's really very sad ,and you are 100% accurate in saying that this special and blessed event is so very important and should be treated with respect,reverance and honor not cheapened, I feel is being made a mockery by the on-line "click here and pay a fee".....ridiculous

Thank you,shiloh for the true desrciption of the ordination process

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Brother Paul...were you ordained on-line?

Guest shiloh357

To me it makes no difference...if the person is actually born of the Spirit, God has already "ordained" them. Ordination is a standard imposed by organizations. For example, the Roman Catholic Church does not recognize a Lutheran "ordination" even if they spent 8 years in Seminary. Lutherans do not recognize ordinations from Pentecostal Bible colleges. My friend Gwen, a female Episcopal priest only recognizes Seminary trained degree holding collar wearers as "ordained". So tell me what Seminary John or Peter went to? Son of Sams dog said he was speaking for God and wore a collar and he never went to Bible College. I know a lot of make believers and apostates (Bishop Spong, Bishop Swing, John Crossan, and more) who graduated Bible College and are so-called "ordained". 

Having said that, online ordinations that make people test out and are supported by legitimate denominations are just as valid as any degree from a Bible College...has God called the person to Preach or Teach or Evangelize? Then no on or off line ordination or none at all can change the fact that GOD has ORDAINED them...you shall know them by their fruits.

Psalm 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

Proverbs 2:6 For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouthcometh knowledge and understanding.

Paul tells us...Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 

The gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. 

In light of this reality, the unbiblical requirement of Bible College or Seminary based "ordination" so called, is nothing but a vain formality (and in many cases a waste of good talent and the employment of apostates to lead the lambs into the pit).

In His love

Brother Paul

What you fail  to understand is that ordination serves as a screening process to weed out the wolves who would come in wearing sheep's clothing.  Ordination involves an impromptu examination of a man/woman who plans on entering the ministry at a particular congregation or in a particular field.  The process of ordination examines his/her beliefs and since the questions are not known to the candidate for ordination, he has no time to plan or orchestrate his answers to hide his true knowledge and what he truly believes.

There is no limitation on the number of questions that can be asked, nor is any biblical/doctrinal subject off limits to those who pose the questions.  The candidate for ordination doesn't know what he will be asked at any given time.

The purpose of ordination is to allow the candidate to demonstrate that he/she has been called and ordained by God to the ministry.  It is not meant to be usurp the calling of God on someone's life.  It is meant to test the candidate's claim that he has been called by the Lord. 

Ordination doesn't mean that a person won't eventually fall into false doctrine as evidenced by the men you cited above who I agree are not sound, doctrinally.  But that on its own doesn't discredit the legitimate process of ordination, nor does it diminish its value.

Online ordination doesn't have the benefit of an impromptu face-to-face real time examination.  In an oline ordination, the candidate has time to plan his answers, and that is less desirable.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

An online devotional chaplain with a sense of humor had his dog Enoch ordained for free in the past, ordination paper at link. This is just part of this pet's story. Seems to fit here :)
http://www.dailyencouragement.net/enoch.htm

Part of the article below:

"One of Enoch’s most remarkable achievements is that he was an ordained minister. Yup, he had his own fancy certificate to prove it. He got it through the mail with some denomination I never heard of out in California. They offered free ordinations. Now for the sake of honesty I must divulge that I did help him a bit with the paperwork. Enoch couldn’t spell very well and that was before they had spell check. He was seven human years at the time and I did convert that to dog years or 49 on the application. In a couple of weeks he got his very own certificate of ordination and even began to get mail addressed to Rev. Enoch Weber. He could have been a doctor through the same outfit but that cost $25.00 and I just couldn’t stand him having more titles than I had."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

When I was a youth, all the men behind the pulpit that I knew went to college to become ministers and I thought that was the way it was suppose to be. But now I'm looking at it differently, the Church that I grew up in and my family did for generations, said a decade ago that being homosexual is okay, I thought "Oh really, see ya folks later" and moved on to another Church. The preacher at my Church now did not go to college to become a minister, but God has given him the gift to preach the word, he was however ordain through an independent Church.

However I do understand it would make one Leary of people who are ordain over the internet, and I admit some of them would make me raise an eyebrow. But really it isn't man that ordains a person, it is God. If you have the calling to preach, don't let it go to waste and sound it out.

Oldzimm

Oh yeah, if a person gets ordain over the internet or mail order for a joke,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I pity them when they are standing before God. (just saying) 

Are you born from above? Truly? Or do you just believe it because someone said that if you pray this prayer it is so? Some think they automatically are because they were baptized as a baby! Are you born from above? Is the Spirit of God in you? Then YOU are ordained...now walk in it! No school or piece of paper can secure this for you...and IMO if you have one it matters not where you got it. It is not His way.

So then, who here is ordained of God and who is not? Let your voices be heard...yes, no, I'm not sure? I myself have never attended a Bible school, or went to University or Seminary, but in truth by His power and because of His Spirit in me I minister all the time in word and deed, teaching and exhorting and comforting, and always point people to His finished work on their behalf...by His grace I am alive (literally) and have been privileged to work for an online inquiry based ministry for more than 8 years. Because of the heart of Him in us we feed the poor. Over 20 homeless individuals and families have dwelt in my house in the past 30 years (alcoholics, crack heads, even a prostitute) while my wife Salome and myself have raised 4 children and a few grands, and drawn from my God the necessary supplied resources that we could not ever have afforded. Am I ordained of God? Absolutely!In what church? The church of the Lord Jesus Christ, the only one there is. Who has ordained me? The Almighty God though His Son Jesus Christ. How about you? Are you ordained? Do you partake of the divine nature? Now walk in it.

Brother Paul

Soooo....you were ordained on-line?

Are you born from above? Truly? Or do you just believe it because someone said that if you pray this prayer it is so? Some think they automatically are because they were baptized as a baby! Are you born from above? Is the Spirit of God in you? Then YOU are ordained...now walk in it! No school or piece of paper can secure this for you...and IMO if you have one it matters not where you got it. It is not His way.

So then, who here is ordained of God and who is not? Let your voices be heard...yes, no, I'm not sure? I myself have never attended a Bible school, or went to University or Seminary, but in truth by His power and because of His Spirit in me I minister all the time in word and deed, teaching and exhorting and comforting, and always point people to His finished work on their behalf...by His grace I am alive (literally) and have been privileged to work for an online inquiry based ministry for more than 8 years. Because of the heart of Him in us we feed the poor. Over 20 homeless individuals and families have dwelt in my house in the past 30 years (alcoholics, crack heads, even a prostitute) while my wife Salome and myself have raised 4 children and a few grands, and drawn from my God the necessary supplied resources that we could not ever have afforded. Am I ordained of God? Absolutely!In what church? The church of the Lord Jesus Christ, the only one there is. Who has ordained me? The Almighty God though His Son Jesus Christ. How about you? Are you ordained? Do you partake of the divine nature? Now walk in it.

Brother Paul

No! I was ordained by receiving the Holy Spirit. How about you? On-line? In a Bible School? Perhaps a Seminary? I am made a priest and a king in the household of God but not by what I have done. He made me to be what I am for Him and to do what He has made me to do for Him. It is God who sets us apart. Ever do a Strong's or Thayer's exegesis on "ordained"? Only God's ordination counts...

Please tell me what part of this you do not agree with, and please give justification (preferably from scripture) for man's various ordination processes and licensing to be of any importance at all to God? Thanks!

In His love

Brother Paul

I see someone here who incredibly on the defense.I will let it rest. :unsure:

Brother Paul

No! I was ordained by receiving the Holy Spirit. How about you? On-line? In a Bible School? Perhaps a Seminary? I am made a priest and a king in the household of God but not by what I have done. He made me to be what I am for Him and to do what He has made me to do for Him. It is God who sets us apart. Ever do a Strong's or Thayer's exegesis on "ordained"? Only God's ordination counts...

Please tell me what part of this you do not agree with, and please give justification (preferably from scripture) for man's various ordination processes and licensing to be of any importance at all to God? Thanks!

In His love

Brother Paul

I see someone here who incredibly on the defense.I will let it rest. :unsure:

Not at all. It is you who are avoiding the actual point. Now granted, I may be offensive to you (not meaning to be so if so I apologize) but I am hardly being defensive. I am presenting a sound argument. Please respond. You asked me and I told you...now I have asked you...please afford the same consideration.

Are YOU ordained? How does the Bible describe ordination? Who in the Bible is ordained according to what is acceptable in today various denominations? Who has the power and authority to ordain? Please address the issues I raised and if you disagree that is fine. Please show Biblical justification for what you would call being properly "ordained"? Thanks...

With respect...

Your brother,

Paul

God's abiding peace to you Paul.Anyone who is a Christian would resolve this in peace.I do not want to debate the "ordained" issue.I think I have gotten my answer.