*Zion*

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,281
  • Content Per Day:  3.31
  • Days Won:  30

I think security is grounded on knowing that you are loved.

I have to agree with Nebula. Not that I disagree with appy. But we put our trust in the character of God. And faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. So I would start with a list of God's attributes. Knowing how big and loving our God is is the basis.

God IS love. He demonstrated His love for us in while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. He is faithful. Nothing depends on us. It all depends on God. When we keep ourselves from the love of money, He will never ever let us down or leave us without support. Reread the last of Romans 8 and the first chapter of Ephesians. We have Christ living in us and we are in Him. Heavenly riches are eternal. They are worth much more than earthly riches. We have all that Christ has because He is in us. But God's perfect love casts out all fear. We are wrapped in the arms of God. How could we be more secure?

My RX: study the attributes of God

Study who we are in Christ

Study God's love

And, of course, pray for them.

Suddenly it doesn't matter what men think or what might happen in the future. The future has its own problems and we know God will take care of us. We are secure in the warmth of His love.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Study God's love

Suddenly it doesn't matter what men think or what might happen in the future. The future has its own problems and we know God will take care of us. We are secure in the warmth of His love.

Good one!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Study God's love

Good one!

All this is very true, and I agree wholeheartedly.  But telling this to someone who is insecure and defensive, not wanting to face the problem because of said insecurity... I'm just tired of watching my friend chasing his tail with this one; situation after situation...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  67

Study God's love

Good one!

All this is very true, and I agree wholeheartedly.  But telling this to someone who is insecure and defensive, not wanting to face the problem because of said insecurity... I'm just tired of watching my friend chasing his tail with this one; situation after situation...

But this is where true friends play a vital role.

They don't give up or abandon their friends when they are chasing their own tails.

Don't look on the outside of someone running around in situations that don't make sense.

Rather look to what is in their hearts and still be there for them.   

I have no intention of giving up, which is why I am now asking for advice.  Thanks.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/19/1974

Insecurity would come from the one who wants to rob you of what you have in the Lord Jesus. You need to turn and look again at the cross and the empty tomb .

Remember the Lord has done it all for you, its a finished work and you need to rest in that finished work ....focus on the present and not your past.

Lean on those Everlasting arms and you will be safe and secure....

I think there is a spiritual way to deal with insecurity.

Usually insecurity means protection from desease, robbery or death. People built homes like castles, seeking for secure banks etc.

However early christians were loosing all their possessions, loosing their family members, going to death penalty and still felt secure.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Insecurity is a human condition, and it manifests itself in many ways. It is something that can pop up any time and any place. The key is that you should not let it take over your life. Many are bound by insecurity, but will not admit it and rationalize it as something other what it really is insecurity. Insecurity represents a lack/short fall in some area.

​As Christians we should not be bound by insecurity. Christ was secure. As he is, so am I.  

John 4:14-15

New King James Version (NKJV)

14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

This is what helped me and still does when I'm chasing my tail around and around...Going around that mountain yet again-it is for someone to tell me what they see, in love...and then tell me that what I need-to rectify the situation is still in Jesus...because it is...and then show me where...Sometimes God reveals things right away...sometimes it's not right away and we have to wait on it...which builds character and patience and it's a wonderful thing...

I was plagued...whatever you want to call it...with insecurity, with shyness, etc. etc. my whole life until I met Jesus and then maturing a little in Him...You and I and everybody else in this world was wonderfully and beautifully made...some of us made wrong decisions (or right ones if they get us to God, in my humble opinion) and I will stop going around the same mountain over and over when I finally recognize that I'm going nowhere fast and finding myself ending up exactly where I started...Finding myself still not as I want to be in this department but at least there is Hope...and along the way God makes sure that someone or something is placed in my life that can tell me or show me The Truth...God is not limited in any way whatsoever...He can use the tiniest of things to show me and I thank Him everyday that when I need Him-He is there...

It is an amazing thing because apparently I'm going through yet another learning period at this time...You know if we wait long enough God will reveal what the problem is...If we are having a problem...My problem is: I need about 10 of me to get everything done that needs doing...or either I need to let go of some things...but I'm not willing to let go of anything right now...Hahaha

OK...I'm sensing that my solution to the problem is in this response...See I get to learn what God does through me too...That is so amazing to me...I give my life to God...He tries to use me to help others at times and I get the answers to something I'm going through too...Goodness...Sorry to ramble on but it's just part of it...sometimes I can step back from the problem and see the bigger picture...

I heard a preacher talking about (you know we need to hear the word preached...) he was talking about this very thing: insecurity and a few more of the i's that don't have it!!! Like ignorant, immature, insecure, immoral and idle...

And he was preaching on Hard Work!!! As far as I could tell his jumping off place was 2 Chronicles 15:1-7 My my...to some of us that is not a good word...Hard Work...who wants to do that??? But when we are idle we are opening one of those doors that let's the enemy in...My my...isn't he slick...huh...maybe being insecure (I don't believe God created us that way) insecurity to me is also being in fear...fear of everything...sounds like another slick trick of the enemy...huh...let's get her (talking about me) in fear then her faith in God flies out the window!!!

Also he brought up 2 Thes. 3:6 But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us.

disorderly: Greek (814) ataktos    irregularly  ataktos   signifies disorderly, with slackness, like soldiers not keeping rank   2 Thes. 3:6,11)

There are other verses that correspond to 2 Thes. 3:6 But we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, (that you withdraw-Romans 16:17) (from every brother who walks-1 Cor. 5:1) (disorderly-1 Thess. 4:11and not according to the tradition which he received from us.    Some references and studying that I did talks about how Paul, oh, it was Acts 20:35...Thank You Lord!!! Acts 20:32-38 When I'm studying something I go all the way around the world and back in the Bible...Hahaha...This verse leads to that verse...

This preacher I was watching went on to preach that the biggest curse to a woman is a lazy man...that if we don't work hard we are a target for the enemy and we can be taken advantage of...of insecurity he said that the enemy can manipulate our character if we aren't secure of who we are in God...

This particular preacher has alot of neat sayings too...immoral people think they are immortal-we need to develop ourselves out of the devils grip-we were placed in earth to be a blessing and if we use our gifts for ourselves; we have bliss but if we use them for others; we have blessing-nothing more appealing to a woman than a hard working man...and last but not least of what I wrote down-The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!!!

This has sure helped me to see some things 2 Chronicles 15: 1-7 and beyond is just wonderful for the spirit to behold...as is the whole entire Bible...

Much Love In Him...and isn't it something that the enemy can take something and we think the answer is somewhere else...it happens for me that way sometimes...

I feel bad for me friend.  He resists encouragement, mocks, and thinks he understands where he doesn't.  And he distances himself further away from me when all i have offered is encouragement.  He doesn't want to receive the words.  I feel like I'm losing a friend.  I pray that I don't end up losing a brother altogether.  I see so much goodness that God wants to work in his life - he is so talented and skilled, but it's like he's really offended by what God has to say.  I do pray, but is there anything else I can do?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Well sometimes we just have to do a hard thing...and that is to leave him in God's Capable Hands; trusting and praying...There is nothing that gets a person-that doesn't know God-interested any faster than ignoring them...I've learned that the hard way...See we try too hard sometimes...

There was a time even before I knew God...I was so iiiiinnnnnn love with this guy (not saying this is what you are doing) but I wouldn't leave him alone!!! I also wanted to change him because he needed changing!!!

Not anymore...I believe I give what God puts in me to give and that's it...Then it's up to them...I believe everybody I've prayed for has received the answer to their prayer and they have received the desire of their heart...I have to believe that the prayer I pray is answered when I pray it-see I believe all good things can happen!!! That's the way I pray...if I'm allowed to pray for them...I can't help it if all don't believe...I may not see or even find out about the results...I may not see the results for 6 months or a year...and then again, I may never ever ever see the results because the person won't accept that all things are possible with God...

It's hard...but it's a fact...all I can do is what God gives me to do...it could be that God has someone else in mind that needs to help this person or that person...They need that blessing!!! So I'm happy with it...I have to be-I'm God's Child...Wonderfully and Beautifully Made...Healed and Made Whole...Loved...and Oh So Loved...Loved The Right Way...and so are you, Z...

O Lord...Hold my friend in The Palm of Your Hand until they can find You...In The Name of Jesus, I pray...

Much Love In Him, Kathy