missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.75
  • Days Won:  226

What does obesity mean to you?Do you look at someone who is obese and reject them?Or do you look deeper into the person?Some men loath heavy women while some men like them.Their are so many more heavy people in our society today.Do you think all people who are obese eat alot?Do you think it could involve mental illnesses?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I believe the increase in obesity can be connected to the increase in technology. 

If by that you mean "How many fries can I eat in front of the TV?", I would tend to agree.

I believe the increase in obesity can be connected to the increase in technology. 

That is an interesting look at it man :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  545
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

What does obesity mean to me ..well I see like this..you get plump. then fat, then obese.  I have never rejected anyone who is obese because one never knows why that person is like that. They could have health issues which have contributed to their obesity, it could also be  a mental issue.
I would say that most obese people just eat too much,  again there are many reasons why people overeat..for some its comforting, some are simply gluttons.
Gluttony is a sin but how often if ever have you this coming from the pulpit?? very seldom if ever.  I wonder why..perhaps the pews might become a little too empty the following week.
I must confess that whenever I see an obese person in the supermarket or having a meal somewhere I have had some really unkind thoughts going through my head.

What does obesity mean to me ..well I see like this..you get plump. then fat, then obese.  I have never rejected anyone who is obese because one never knows why that person is like that. They could have health issues which have contributed to their obesity, it could also be  a mental issue.

I would say that most obese people just eat too much,  again there are many reasons why people overeat..for some its comforting, some are simply gluttons.

Gluttony is a sin but how often if ever have you this coming from the pulpit?? very seldom if ever.  I wonder why..perhaps the pews might become a little too empty the following week.

I must confess that whenever I see an obese person in the supermarket or having a meal somewhere I have had some really unkind thoughts going through my head.

Yes,I have seen people who were stick thin and then they go on a particular medication and they can gain over 100 lbs.It can totally change your metabolism.I have seen a person eat three times what I can eat and they are skinny as a pole.Metabolism plays a very important part of it.A woman can go into menapause and OOPS there goes the metabolism.My wedding dress was a size 4 and believe me I could not get into it now. :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Yes,I have seen people who were stick thin and then they go on a particular medication and they can gain over 100 lbs.It can totally change your metabolism.I have seen a person eat three times what I can eat and they are skinny as a pole.Metabolism plays a very important part of it.A woman can go into menapause and OOPS there goes the metabolism.My wedding dress was a size 4 and believe me I could not get into it now. :mgcheerful:

Obesity seems to be an American problem these days.  Excluding medical and metabolic reasons,  this will not sit well with some, but I think many obese people that I have seen with fat buldging  out on their sides, thighs, arms, etc. are just lazy and addicted to eating with poor nutrition habits who are bored  and have nothing to do.  I personally know people who do this and I  have seen these type of people at Country Buffet Cafeterias who load up their plates and return for a second round plus dessert afterwards.

The FDA and people in the medical profession are gaining ground in blaming everything on mental illness such as alcholism, drug addiction, smoking, etc.  rather than holding people accountable for their own self-destructive bad habits.

In a society such as America, where food is plentiful and people never have to go hungry, people are eating themselves to death

Obesity seems to be an American problem these days.  Excluding medical and metabolic reasons,  this will not sit well with some, but I think many obese people that I have seen with fat buldging  out on their sides, thighs, arms, etc. are just lazy and addicted to eating with poor nutrition habits who are bored  and have nothing to do.  I personally know people who do this and I  have seen these type of people at Country Buffet Cafeterias who load up their plates and return for a second round plus dessert afterwards.

The FDA and people in the medical profession are gaining ground in blaming everything on mental illness such as alcholism, drug addiction, smoking, etc.  rather than holding people accountable for their own self-destructive bad habits.

In a society such as America, where food is plentiful and people never have to go hungry, people are eating themselves to death

Yes,many have your opinion of the obese "are just lazy and addicted to eating".I am sorry that you have that opinion because it is somewhat of a judgmental opinion.I am compassionate to all of those who are burdened with being over weight.I think that is the way Jesus would want us to look at it.I am sure if you were suddenly put in the position of having 150lbs or more put on you you would look at the situation in a whole different way.

Matthew 7:1-2“Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

@ {{{{bopeep}}}

I've stood on both side's of this particular fence myself.....Due to both  Mental issues and health issues....In A 5year Time Peroid, I lost both of my parent's, 2 Uncles,My 1st Grandbaby was lost due to Miscarriage , I had 3 surgeries,had the shingles, and Have High Blood Pressure......

my weight has gone up and down like a yo yo..lol..when your layed up and can't get any exercise, your weight will go up.

Metabolism also play's a big part as well..I have the metabolism of a snail..LOL

Due to my metabolism, if i have no bread, pasta, or dairy, exercise or not the weight just fall's off...but since i had my gall bladder out, I need these thing's to settle my tummy.. I was actually losing weight again before i had to have my gall bladder out.

WE just never know what shoe's another person is walking in .

Guest AFlameOfFire

^This^

That is so true too! And again how deceiving when it comes to being gluttonous. I mean, my husband can put away food, he is typically highly active from 4 am in the morning till he comes home in the evening (around 6:30- 7:00 Pm). His old friend in PA (Eddy) could out eat my husband by three times. If my husband had two burgers Eddy could double that and he is a string bean (for size) more then one half my own husbands weight.

And he could do that again and again (always having room for more) and no one would ever think to suggest he is gluttonous (judging by his flesh).

Whereas my mom is on prednisone, and has gained 50 pounds on her small frame, and that come upon her through being prescription. And my mom eats like a bird (I know she does) and someone might judge her for eating too much. She looks so uncomfortable too, cant believe that's my mom actually. But theres nothing she can seem to do about this.