• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

@ AFlameOfFire,

AWWwwww My dear sister,GB your sweet momma!!..Prednisone is mean stuff!!

Both My Mother(due to hepatitis was on prednisone for year's, she was skinny as a rail by nature....Until prednisone)

My Sister is now on prednisone and has been for several year's due to medical issue's she is also thin by nature..Until prednisone....

your in my thought's and prayer's!!

GBU  All

~~~Miss~~~

Guest AFlameOfFire

@ AFlameOfFire,

AWWwwww My dear sister,GB your sweet momma!!..Prednisone is mean stuff!!

Both My Mother(due to hepatitis was on prednisone for year's, she was skinny as a rail by nature....Until prednisone)

My Sister is now on prednisone and has been for several year's due to medical issue's she is also thin by nature..Until prednisone....

your in my thought's and prayer's!!

GBU  All

~~~Miss~~~

Yours as well sis, thanks Misplaced, that is some nasty stuff what it does to you. I hope never to be prescribe any of that. My mom now has that sleep apnea (from being so overweight) from that medicine also. Sometimes the so called cure seems worse then the initial problem. And its not really a cure, but when you hear of all the side effects of all the meds out there, I cant imagine opting for most of them. Pain is the real deal breaker though. I run from doctors typically, but when come pain I cannot endure any longer, I will call one (that's bout it). And take "as needed" only. 

God bless you sis, and thanks so much!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

What does obesity mean to me ..well I see like this..you get plump. then fat, then obese.  I have never rejected anyone who is obese because one never knows why that person is like that. They could have health issues which have contributed to their obesity, it could also be  a mental issue.

I would say that most obese people just eat too much,  again there are many reasons why people overeat..for some its comforting, some are simply gluttons.

Gluttony is a sin but how often if ever have you this coming from the pulpit?? very seldom if ever.  I wonder why..perhaps the pews might become a little too empty the following week.

I must confess that whenever I see an obese person in the supermarket or having a meal somewhere I have had some really unkind thoughts going through my head.

Yes,I have seen people who were stick thin and then they go on a particular medication and they can gain over 100 lbs.It can totally change your metabolism.I have seen a person eat three times what I can eat and they are skinny as a pole.Metabolism plays a very important part of it.A woman can go into menapause and OOPS there goes the metabolism.My wedding dress was a size 4 and believe me I could not get into it now. :mgcheerful:

Obesity seems to be an American problem these days.  Excluding medical and metabolic reasons,  this will not sit well with some, but I think many obese people that I have seen with fat buldging  out on their sides, thighs, arms, etc. are just lazy and addicted to eating with poor nutrition habits who are bored  and have nothing to do.  I personally know people who do this and I  have seen these type of people at Country Buffet Cafeterias who load up their plates and return for a second round plus dessert afterwards.

The FDA and people in the medical profession are gaining ground in blaming everything on mental illness such as alcholism, drug addiction, smoking, etc.  rather than holding people accountable for their own self-destructive bad habits.

In a society such as America, where food is plentiful and people never have to go hungry, people are eating themselves to death

Yes,many have your opinion of the obese "are just lazy and addicted to eating".I am sorry that you have that opinion because it is somewhat of a judgmental opinion.I am compassionate to all of those who are burdened with being over weight.I think that is the way Jesus would want us to look at it.I am sure if you were suddenly put in the position of having 150lbs or more put on you you would look at the situation in a whole different way.

Matthew 7:1-2“Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Bopeep

Did I not exclude medical and metabolic reasons in my above response?  The only one who is judging here is you.  No one suddenly puts on 150 pounds unless they are over eating, which the Bible refers to gluttony.  A person doesn't wake up one day finding himself/herself 150 pounds overweight.  It comes on over a long period of time.

You are the one who is passing judgment; you asked a question(s), I gave you an honest answer.  Because you didn't like my response, you falsely accuse me of being judgmental. :crazy:   I know of people who admit they are addicted to eating, and who admit they are too  lazy to exercise, so where do  you come off at judging me ?  If you don't like the response, then maybe you should not ask the question?

The Bible has much to say about gluttony (over-eating), which you obviously overlooked in your haste to falsely accuse me of judging.

φάγω

phagō

fag'-o

A primary verb (used as an alternate of G2068 in certain tenses); to eat (literally or figuratively): - eat, meat.

1. 'Deut 21:18-21 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.'

2. Prov 23:20-21 Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.

3. 'Prov 25:16 Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.'

4. 'Phil 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)'

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

What does obesity mean to me ..well I see like this..you get plump. then fat, then obese.  I have never rejected anyone who is obese because one never knows why that person is like that. They could have health issues which have contributed to their obesity, it could also be  a mental issue.

I would say that most obese people just eat too much,  again there are many reasons why people overeat..for some its comforting, some are simply gluttons.

Gluttony is a sin but how often if ever have you this coming from the pulpit?? very seldom if ever.  I wonder why..perhaps the pews might become a little too empty the following week.

I must confess that whenever I see an obese person in the supermarket or having a meal somewhere I have had some really unkind thoughts going through my head.

Yes,I have seen people who were stick thin and then they go on a particular medication and they can gain over 100 lbs.It can totally change your metabolism.I have seen a person eat three times what I can eat and they are skinny as a pole.Metabolism plays a very important part of it.A woman can go into menapause and OOPS there goes the metabolism.My wedding dress was a size 4 and believe me I could not get into it now. :mgcheerful:

^This^

That is so true too! And again how deceiving when it comes to being gluttonous. I mean, my husband can put away food, he is typically highly active from 4 am in the morning till he comes home in the evening (around 6:30- 7:00 Pm). His old friend in PA (Eddy) could out eat my husband by three times. If my husband had two burgers Eddy could double that and he is a string bean (for size) more then one half my own husbands weight.

And he could do that again and again (always having room for more) and no one would ever think to suggest he is gluttonous (judging by his flesh).

Whereas my mom is on prednisone, and has gained 50 pounds on her small frame, and that come upon her through being prescription. And my mom eats like a bird (I know she does) and someone might judge her for eating too much. She looks so uncomfortable too, cant believe that's my mom actually. But theres nothing she can seem to do about this.

Oh boy,prednisone can sure be a reason to gain alot of weight.Prednisone can cause some mental issues too.When my brother was on Prednisone he came up to me in a store one day after I had not seen him in a while and I did not even recognize him.

Obesity seems to be an American problem these days.  Excluding medical and metabolic reasons,  this will not sit well with some, but I think many obese people that I have seen with fat buldging  out on their sides, thighs, arms, etc. are just lazy and addicted to eating with poor nutrition habits who are bored  and have nothing to do.  I personally know people who do this and I  have seen these type of people at Country Buffet Cafeterias who load up their plates and return for a second round plus dessert afterwards.

The FDA and people in the medical profession are gaining ground in blaming everything on mental illness such as alcholism, drug addiction, smoking, etc.  rather than holding people accountable for their own self-destructive bad habits.

In a society such as America, where food is plentiful and people never have to go hungry, people are eating themselves to death

Yes,many have your opinion of the obese "are just lazy and addicted to eating".I am sorry that you have that opinion because it is somewhat of a judgmental opinion.I am compassionate to all of those who are burdened with being over weight.I think that is the way Jesus would want us to look at it.I am sure if you were suddenly put in the position of having 150lbs or more put on you you would look at the situation in a whole different way.

Matthew 7:1-2“Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Bopeep

Did I not exclude medical and metabolic reasons in my above response?  The only one who is judging here is you.  No one suddenly puts on 150 pounds unless they are over eating, which the Bible refers to gluttony.  A person doesn't wake up one day finding himself/herself 150 pounds overweight.  It comes on over a long period of time.

You are the one who is passing judgment; you asked a question(s), I gave you an honest answer.  Because you didn't like my response, you falsely accuse me of being judgmental. :crazy:   I know of people who admit they are addicted to eating, and who admit they are too  lazy to exercise, so where do  you come off at judging me ?  If you don't like the response, then maybe you should not ask the question?

The Bible has much to say about gluttony (over-eating), which you obviously overlooked in your haste to falsely accuse me of judging.

φάγω

phagō

fag'-o

A primary verb (used as an alternate of G2068 in certain tenses); to eat (literally or figuratively): - eat, meat.

1. 'Deut 21:18-21 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.'

2. Prov 23:20-21 Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags.

3. 'Prov 25:16 Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.'

4. 'Phil 3:19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)'

Suit yourself nikki. :mgcheerful:

Guest AFlameOfFire

^This^

That is so true too! And again how deceiving when it comes to being gluttonous. I mean, my husband can put away food, he is typically highly active from 4 am in the morning till he comes home in the evening (around 6:30- 7:00 Pm). His old friend in PA (Eddy) could out eat my husband by three times. If my husband had two burgers Eddy could double that and he is a string bean (for size) more then one half my own husbands weight.

And he could do that again and again (always having room for more) and no one would ever think to suggest he is gluttonous (judging by his flesh).

Whereas my mom is on prednisone, and has gained 50 pounds on her small frame, and that come upon her through being prescription. And my mom eats like a bird (I know she does) and someone might judge her for eating too much. She looks so uncomfortable too, cant believe that's my mom actually. But theres nothing she can seem to do about this.

Oh boy,prednisone can sure be a reason to gain alot of weight.Prednisone can cause some mental issues too.When my brother was on Prednisone he came up to me in a store one day after I had not seen him in a while and I did not even recognize him.

I don't know why when I quote someone it double quotes for some reason, I only hit quote once, so forgive me.

But that's exactly what happened to us Bopeep I know what you mean. My mom flew in from PA (to our place down in SC) and me and my husband went to pick her up. Now I have really bad eyesight, I usually make my out my own husband in a store (by his stature) but I can't see any of his features. But I never even saw her coming. My husband said that's your mom (followed by a less then sensitive comment). And he can be that way (because they both don't get along). But when she said, well... I put on a little weight, that was understatement, she could barely walk (had a hard time breathing) and she exercised all her life. I really felt bad for her, I mean she was really struggling to get around, and she was never in her life lazy. She worked seven days a week all her life.

I was just really saddened by my moms appearance, and just because of how hard this must be on her, both physically and emotionally, I had no idea. I know she is embarrassed over her appearance because she was always very appearance conscience. So this is very humbling for her, and no one wants to see someone they love go through something like that I guess. She is very depressed also

^This^

I don't know why when I quote someone it double quotes for some reason, I only hit quote once, so forgive me.

But that's exactly what happened to us Bopeep I know what you mean. My mom flew in from PA (to our place down in SC) and me and my husband went to pick her up. Now I have really bad eyesight, I usually make my out my own husband in a store (by his stature) but I can't see any of his features. But I never even saw her coming. My husband said that's your mom (followed by a less then sensitive comment). And he can be that way (because they both don't get along). But when she said, well... I put on a little weight, that was understatement, she could barely walk (had a hard time breathing) and she exercised all her life. I really felt bad for her, I mean she was really struggling to get around, and she was never in her life lazy. She worked seven days a week all her life.

I was just really saddened by my moms appearance, and just because of how hard this must be on her, both physically and emotionally, I had no idea. I know she is embarrassed over her appearance because she was always very appearance conscience. So this is very humbling for her, and no one wants to see someone they love go through something like that I guess. She is very depressed also

Yes,many are embarrassed because they may have lived this really active life and may have been fit and then quickly their health changes due to some kind of health circumstance.They went from a junior size clothes to shopping in the Womens big size section.I knew someone once who the ambulance could not even bring them in.They had to be brought in by a moving van.How sad is that?That is a disability on its own. :( It breaks my heart when the medical profession criticizes them.

Guest AFlameOfFire

I would think the medical community (and close family) would know more the truth of the matter. Whether it is cushings or thyroid or just plain lack of activity and way overeating. Even just certain perscriptions, such as Predisone might put on weight but I have never heard of it being put on to that extent.

It becomes a disability regardless (depending on the amount put on) I would think. But yeah that's pretty out of the norm and pretty sad. I would probably venture a guess that it was more from gluttonous overeating, but I don't know.

I would think the medical community (and close family) would know more the truth of the matter. Whether it is cushings or thyroid or just plain lack of activity and way overeating. Even just certain perscriptions, such as Predisone might put on weight but I have never heard of it being put on to that extent.

It becomes a disability regardless (depending on the amount put on) I would think. But yeah that's pretty out of the norm and pretty sad. I would probably venture a guess that it was more from gluttonous overeating, but I don't know.

Perhaps it is over eating and gluttonous eating.But why?I don't know if I would rather be over weight or look like some of the people who have anorexia.Boy that is scary to see someone so malnourished.It is really hard to treat too.    

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

@ Nikki1,

Dear Sister, I'm Not judging you here, BUT I will offer you this Dear Sister,Because I Believe That JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR, Trumped ever thing that you said with simply this..

commandment is the most important of all?” 29 Jesus answered, “The most important is, v‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, wthe Lord is one. 30 And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31 xThe second is this: y‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment zgreater than these.” 32 And the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher. You have truly said that whe is one, and athere is no other besides him. 33 And to love him with all the heart and with all bthe understanding and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, cis much more than all dwhole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” 34 And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” eAnd after that no one dared to ask him any more questions.

GBU Dear Sister

~~~Miss~~~