conservator

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

It isnt up to you or your wife to convict her, it is up to God, since she claims to be his child.

That is why it is not up to us to judge...and by even thinking that maybe she isn't saved because she has divorces and slept with other men...well, that is jusdging her salvation...which is even worse than judging an action

It is however up to believers to admonish and remind her of how she should be living if she is a Christian. Not harass her, but to let her know she is in the wrong and what God expects.

As for judging, 1 corinthians 5 says we are to judge within the church. She is in continual sin.

One day, two thousand years ago, Jesus told the crowd 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone'.  We always have to remember this; unless we are free of sin ourselves we can't condemn or judge others and THAT comes from the Lord Himself..  We all tend to do it but we shouldn't. This woman should be lifted up in prayer but not judged

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Does that mean every time you sin you lose your salvation until you repent again?

That's an interesting question.

Scripture does not indicate that and after carefully considering Nikki's post, I don't see her saying that either

However, the question was about repeated and ongoing sin...not one sin.  Really.  That's what it is about.

That, is another consideration and scripture is clear that we cannot profess the Name of Christ and continue to live in sin, ongoing sin or in an unrepentant fashion.

Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his. And, Let every one that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.  II Tim. 2:19

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

I agree with sheba here. It's more respectful to her as a person to let her know "hey, that's wrong, here's why" and point out the relevant verses. You don't have to be a jerk about it but she deserves the truth.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  601
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Hi everybody,

We are empowered by God to live the Christian Life...and have been changed-"born again"-different-so that we don't desire sin anymore...However; we are in a flesh body...and the spirit and the flesh are at war with each other...so no matter how long...how well...etc. etc. we have been "born again" , or are "anointed" we are subject...we can let that "thought" come in...no matter who we are...

Before God was in my life...I had no control...none...Even Carnal---I was not empowered to overcome my desires...If I wanted to I went for it with not another thought...I had no control whatsoever...and I can understand how and why "sexual" this and that is so prevalent in our society and why it is spoken of so so so much in The Bible...It is probably the strongest desire in our society!!! And the one that the enemy has most perverted!!! And it was the very last thing I gave Jesus!!! For me, right after I gave Him everything-leaving carnal living behind (Christian word for it-sanctification)...Another words, supernaturally God changed me...He took the desire for the world etc. etc. from me!!! He empowered me to overcome my desires...but He had to be involved...What happens is: God gave us this to be a very beautiful act, in my opinion, between a man and a woman, and to reproduce after our own kind...But without God, Who Helps us To Know The Way, The Truth and The Life...it is perverted and made a dirty thing...as can everything be...

How do we forget that it is not anything of ourselves that helps ourselves...This Help and Hope We Seek Comes From The Lord...and Him alone...from those that have allowed Him access to their temple-because that is how we plant "seeds" and those seeds get watered because it is very possible that God will lead her to someone else (maybe even in Walmart, Hahaha, or Macy's for that matter and leads someone else to talk to her and Lo and Behold...The Spirit of God enters in and she is just shown the Light right there!!! God does the watering...and so we pray...because that is the only way we can communicate with God...and stand in the gap for someone that doesn't know Him, yet...

Grace and Peace...Much Love In Him, Kathy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

It isnt up to you or your wife to convict her, it is up to God, since she claims to be his child.

That is why it is not up to us to judge...and by even thinking that maybe she isn't saved because she has divorces and slept with other men...well, that is jusdging her salvation...which is even worse than judging an action

It is however up to believers to admonish and remind her of how she should be living if she is a Christian. Not harass her, but to let her know she is in the wrong and what God expects.

As for judging, 1 corinthians 5 says we are to judge within the church. She is in continual sin.

One day, two thousand years ago, Jesus told the crowd 'Let he who is without sin cast the first stone'.  We always have to remember this; unless we are free of sin ourselves we can't condemn or judge others and THAT comes from the Lord Himself..  We all tend to do it but we shouldn't. This woman should be lifted up in prayer but not judged

So 1 Corinthians 5 doesnt belong in the bible?

Did I say that?  At any time?  Are you suggesting the church should kill this woman?  Otherwise I don't see the connection. 

A friend of my wife comes from a Christian home with both her mother and sister being ministers. This lady claims she has been saved and says she has accepted Jesus as her personal savior.  However, her lifestyle does not live up to her being a good Christian.  She has been divorced for about one year and since that time has had sex with numerous men often after their first date.

She recently visited us and the discussion got around to her personal life.  She took the position that her "being saved" has wiped out all her past and her future sins and that she can continue to lead the life she is living with immunity.  It's sort of like getting a perpetual get out of jail card.  :madgrin: 

I cited to her two verses.  The first was in Acts 3:19:  "Repent then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out...."  I then questioned if she truly repented if she willingly commits the same sin over and over again.  The second section is contained in John Chapter 8 where Jesus in verse 11 tells the woman to "Go now and leave your life of sin."

What do you folks think about persons such as this lady who claim to be Christians and say they are saved but continue to lead a life of sin and how would you answer them?

Are you free of sin yourself? 

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I think it's comparable to someone who is in a loving marriage, but cheats on a spouse. Lets imagine your friend was happily married but made a mistake and got into an affair. Imagine she thought her husband would leave her, but to her shock he stayed with her, and he told her "I love you so much, I'm forgiving you for that and I want to have a complete marriage with you again."

Would her response be "Okay great... you're forgiving me.. so I will continue on in this affair seems how I have forgiveness for it"?

Well, it shouldn't be. Her response should be that she is so overwhelming grateful at having a second chance and having her mistakes forgiven, that she'd instantly stop the affair and break off contact with the person she was having an affair with and she'd give herself fully to her marriage.

I think that's how we should respond to God's grace and forgiveness with our sins- not thinking that we have a 'free pass' to sin, but rather being happy that we've been forgiven and using the opportunity to make a clean break from our sins and serve God more fully than ever,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  322
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

The key is to allow God's word to speak for itself as we all know it is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; (2 Tim 3:16). Since her belief system falsely causes her to think that she is still saved and allows her to engage in willful sin with immunity, you can point her to Heb 5:9. "And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him,"  In this verse salvation is promised only to those who obey. A believer is one who obeys God. A diobedient believer is an oxymoron. Does this mean that we lose our salvation every time we sin? No because 1 Jn 1:9 states "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." However, willful and habitual sin is another matter for which we are given stern warning in 1 Cor 6:9-10 "Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."  If a Christian's lifestyle is marked by the practice of habitual sin, there is no guarantee of salvation and she remains lost. Hopefully, you & your wife can minister to her so that she can get a sobering wake-up call.

Did I say that?  At any time?  Are you suggesting the church should kill this woman?  Otherwise I don't see the connection. 

1Co 5:11-13  But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.  (12)  For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?  (13)  But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Sheba is correctly drawing from this passage where it says we are to judge within the Church. It doesn't say we should stone/kill them.

1Co 5:5-7  To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.  (6)  Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?  (7)  Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

We can say this applies to someone caught in ongoing unrepentant sin I believe as the man who appeared to be in a sexual relationship with his father's wife.