• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.72
  • Days Won:  226

Mental Disorders are not an adjective.

c6208ca17f3542ab9e15492670000a45.jpgVery sad.Their is not respect in this world.Some think this is funny. :(

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

100% Agreed!

As someone struggling with mental illness, I can surely feel the sting of much insensitivity. If only people knew the pain that lies underneath.

100% Agreed!

As someone struggling with mental illness, I can surely feel the sting of much insensitivity. If only people knew the pain that lies underneath.

My heart goes out to you. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.91
  • Days Won:  3

c6208ca17f3542ab9e15492670000a45.jpgVery sad.Their is not respect in this world.Some think this is funny. :(

If I heard someone saying these things I would have to ask how old they are. Cause all of it sounds so childish.

If I heard someone saying these things I would have to ask how old they are. Cause all of it sounds so childish.

Unfortunately I hear many,many adult say these words.They think it is funny when it is very hurtful to many.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Just one question. What if someone say, with OCD came out and joked about it? Like making that ice comment? Or someone with a disorder like that joked about it? Some people that's how they cope...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,150
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Bopeep

and to everyone,

Unfortunately,we are living in a world where many people are very insensitive to others disabilities and disadvantages or anything that they have not had to experience first hand...or someone they love,but life has a funny way of making one eat their words on many occasions......people should think before they speak and they do not...

There is so many Scriptures that teach us to guard our tongues....it is a mighty little member of the body!But we have to consider where these awful,hurtful things come from.....the people who are so insensitive are those with hardened hearts,they need our prayers...they are in serious danger.

I know it is sometimes difficult to pray for those that hurt us but the hurt they inflict is temporal....it is the eternal that we must stay focused on and their eternity is frightening....in Jesus Name,let us pray that the hearts of the cruel ones be softened that they may receive the Word and let Gods Will be done!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Depression is not fun. I have learned from my own illness and have educated myself through books, dvd's and doctors. Education is your best weapon. If one talks to me about my depression and doesn't understand then it's hard to take their critisism to heart. Hold on, it's gonna be a bumpy ride but smoother in the end. Love.  :)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I think when people are insensitive it is because they think they don't need comfort themselves..they don't need God so to speak. I think it's sad.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  5

I don't know that there is anything wrong with saying that you are depressed, knowing tha tyou are not clinically depressed, or joking about an OCD-like behavior, knowing you don't have OCD. I don't think that is necessarily disrespectful. But... I do agree that mental illness can be devastating and extremely difficult, and people should understand that also.