IGNORED

Split from: "It's simple..." - Church Attendance?

Guest man

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,150
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Everyone(Radiant Bride)

I very recently had a stirring in my spirit,a restlessness....I pondered leaving my church to join another to various reasons...one reason was I felt I was being lead to this other church that I would be used more & could be more efficient,I spoke to my Pastor about it and praise the lord He said that if the Holy Spirit has lead me there then I have his blessings,I spoke to the Pastors at the other church and they both agreed with my Pastor and would welcome me with open arms ifthis is what the Holy Spirit was leading me to do....hmm,no help there-lol?Well,I was sitting at home talking to my Lord,my Loving Father & I said,please Lord,"I don't know what you would have me to do-where do you want me?"

In praying & meditating on the Lord I fell fast asleep,from a dream I did not want to awaken from...there was Jesus smiling and He said to me,"They are both mine,I have many churches and you are a member in all of them,it is only by traditions of man that you go to one or the other,I want you to be used by both & you are to tell them what I have told you" & and I said,"but Lord,how will I know what to tell them if they question me further" and Jesus laughed and said,"I will answer for you & they will know what to do"........I woke up so peaceful,so enlightened,I could not wait to tell the Pastors and sure enough...oh praise Jesus,glory to God....they understood completely & even felt ashamed in a way that they are not more open to people being members of more than one church....we all thanked God for His Word!

I guess what I hope to convey in sharing my experience is what we all already know is that the Body of Christ is One Body with His members in many different places but it is about serving Him & where we can be useful.....I have not attended church now for 4 weeks for one reason or another and I am really feeling like I am missing that one day where I am lifted up spiritually to a height that is hard to reach by myself....I am used by both churches in different things but I need that corporate praise & worship to delight my heart and fill me up with that Rhema Word that God gives us through the Pastor,It resonates with me all week long...

Yes,indeed...it is a personal choice whether or not to attend "church" on Sunday and that person that does not attend is my brethren and just as much a part of the Body of Christ.....but I sure would love them to join me in celebrating the Lord together so we can make an even louder joyful noise to the Lord...clap ye hands all ye people...but I respect their choice & love them just as Christ does......praise & glory to God in the Name of Jesus,God bless us all!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed themand that Rock was Christ.

Plural 

:cool2:

Your point?

I think brother Fez is suggesting all believers are sustained by Jesus. 

Amen !

Would also suggest that they, as Acts says, gathered together.

Like Jesus is coming back for His bride, His church, and He wrote to seven of them to make His point.

I find that He wrote to seven of them was to point out only a FEW from each of the six of them, would be found worthy "to wear the white robe" "given some hidden manna", "given a white stone with a new name" "give authority over the nations"

I gather It was to point out that the majority of those in the pews were not going to be found as "Overcomers" and were in need of complete repentance.  So in six out of seven, the majority of the people and what they were teaching was/is in error, only one church in the seven holds the key of David.

I have to say those are not the best odds 1 out of 7 your in an errant church.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  44

And this passage means what do you think?

From this statement, "The Church (the Body of Christ with the gift of the Holy Spirit) wasn't established until after those examples of OT characters." it appears you believe that neither the Holy Spirit nor Jesus were present during the OT era. That passage says otherwise.

Perhaps it may have come accross that way. The Spirit of God was on a select few in the OT era. Primarily given to Kings and Prophets. It came and went. Today we as Believers have the Holy Spirit as a gift from Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit indwells in those who believe. Probably a good topic for another discussion. 

But let's not chase that rabbit too far here...

As the subject at hand of church attendance and the OT characters mentioned (Abraham, Moses, etc.)... I simply was saying that Church attendance was not an issue then as there was no local Church. Saying that the OT heroes of the faith didn't participate in a local church and so that gives clear license for Believers today to not participate in a local church is like comparing apples to oranges I beleive. It was a different time in the OT. Today we know Messiah has come. Why would we not gather together for worship of God, discipleship, communion (Lord's super), baptism, etc. ? :help:

Again, waiting on clear passages that state we are encouraged not to partake in a local body of Believers? Perhaps Jesus said this? Or Peter or Paul?

Again, waiting on clear passages that state we are encouraged not to partake in a local body of Believers? Perhaps Jesus said this? Or Peter or Paul?

Why is it necessary for my convictions to line up with yours? 

It is not necessary brother. But okay for clarity this is a personal conviction and not something you base on Scripture?

I think brother Fez is suggesting all believers are sustained by Jesus. 

Amen !

I believe you're right. All believers. Regardless of their affiliation with the church, all are sustained.

On this we can agree. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

Some convictions come from the Holy Spirit, and some don't.

Some personal convictions which come from the Holy Spirit might differ from other believers due to a persons calling, and some might differ based on an area of personal growth and understanding.

Some convictions from the Holy Spirit should be the same for all believers.  

No conviction which is contrary to scripture is from the Holy Spirit.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Does church attendance guarentee protection from strange doctrine? What if the church is the one teaching you that strange doctrine?

Does church attendence guarentee spiritual growth?

Does church attendence guarentee fellowship?

How often do you hear about churches being the place where people wear facades?

For those of you who belong to a church where the doctrine is sound, the church is a place that rejuvinates you spiritually, you are challenged, you have devoloped friendships, people there keep you accountable, people are real with each other, you aren't a victim of "the church gossip column",  you experience the presence of the Lord, you are taught how to live a godly life, and the whole works - great!

But for those of us who have encountered discouragement in our spiritual walk on account of the church, please don't judge us for needing to take a break from the chruch organization.

Thank You Nebula :)  My sentiments exactly.  And I do not attend church...not that I don't want to...I would love to.  But there are things in my past that have given me major church anxiety.  And it starts in the parking lot and builds through the service.  I am not going to explain this, only to say that too much was expected of me as a child sitting in those pews.  And the discipline that came from simply being a child and doing childish things, has completely ruined my taste for church.  I start shaking inside when I think of sitting still in a pew and being "quiet" for an hour and a half.  I want to RUN the minute I sit down.  That is most of the reason I don't attend, but your questions above all ring in there as well.

Some convictions come from the Holy Spirit, and some don't.

Some personal convictions which come from the Holy Spirit might differ from other believers due to a persons calling, and some might differ based on an area of personal growth and understanding.

Some convictions from the Holy Spirit should be the same for all believers.  

No conviction which is contrary to scripture is from the Holy Spirit.  

Thank you for clearing that up.  :)

It is not necessary brother. But okay for clarity this is a personal conviction and not something you base on Scripture?

Let it go.