IGNORED

Question: Is the time of your death set in stone?

Angel12011985

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Ex 32:10-14

Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

And Moses besought the Lord his God, and said, Lord, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?

Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.

Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

KJV

Ex 32:9-14

10 "Now then let Me alone, that My anger may burn against them, and that I may destroy them; and I will make of you a great nation." 11 Then Moses entreated the LORD his God, and said, "O LORD, why doth Thine anger burn against Thy people whom Thou hast brought out from the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand? 12 "Why should the Egyptians speak, saying, 'With evil intent He brought them out to kill them in the mountains and to destroy them from the face of the earth'? Turn from Thy burning anger and change Thy mind about doing harm to Thy people . 13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, Thy servants to whom Thou didst swear by Thyself, and didst say to them, 'I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heavens, and all this land of which I have spoken I will give to your descendants, and they shall inherit it forever.'" 14 So the LORD changed His mind about the harm which He said He would do to His people.

NASB

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Ex 32:10-14

Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

And Moses besought the Lord his God, and said, Lord, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?

Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.

Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.

And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

KJV

Ex 32:9-14

10 "Now then let Me alone, that My anger may burn against them, and that I may destroy them; and I will make of you a great nation." 11 Then Moses entreated the LORD his God, and said, "O LORD, why doth Thine anger burn against Thy people whom Thou hast brought out from the land of Egypt with great power and with a mighty hand? 12 "Why should the Egyptians speak, saying, 'With evil intent He brought them out to kill them in the mountains and to destroy them from the face of the earth'? Turn from Thy burning anger and change Thy mind about doing harm to Thy people . 13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, Thy servants to whom Thou didst swear by Thyself, and didst say to them, 'I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heavens, and all this land of which I have spoken I will give to your descendants, and they shall inherit it forever.'" 14 So the LORD changed His mind about the harm which He said He would do to His people.

NASB

Yes, this scripture does support that prayer can change GOD,s mind if we conclude that prayer means conversation, and GOD changed his mind based on Moses interceding on his behalf, for his own name sake and not for the people's sake. That's what Moses prayed for.

Did he not kill all those who stood against Moses? Did he not wait until all those except a few die in the wilderness, before moving them into the promise land?  

In summary, he did what he said he would do, but only over a longer time frame to give Moses time to understand his wisdom.

Edited by Enoc

seems Hezekiah was able to lengthen his life by 15 yrs, through prayer and supplication, personally we see God never changes, but scripturally we see he has relented and changed his mind for the course of future for quite a few people both in both life and death

The scripture does not state that GOD decided to kill Hezekiah, and later changed his mind based on Hezekiah's prayer, but instead provided Hezekiah with a forewarning that he should get his house in order since he was not going to recover from his sickness and die.

Hezekiah prayed and asked for GOD's help and GOD stepped in an helped him. I'm don't see this scripture supporting prayer changes GOD's mind since he did not intend to Kill Hezekiah from the start.

God is the only One who has power over life and death. Nothing passes from this life to the next unless God allows it.

Matthew 10

29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.

Hezekiah was approaching his appointed time and God, after hearing his prayers, granted him 15 more years. The prayers of Hezekiah are what caused God to change His mind and extend his life. 

When a person dies, it's not because of an illness, an accident, or old age, it's because it is the will of the Father. 

Job 14

5 Since his days are determined, The number of his months is with You; You have appointed his limits, so that he cannot pass.

:sad030: 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  806
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/21/1973

Interesting topic.  I turned 40 a few weeks ago, and considering some close calls, am honestly surprised I've made it this far.

I'm thankful, though.  You never know when your time is up.  Gotta focus on doing God's will, and being reasonably cautious in life.